The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] Kevin Bieksa

Just how do you propose GMJB will perform this small miracle?

A no-trade clause means a player cannot be traded without his consent.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/what-s-the-difference-between-a-NTC-and-NMC

NTC does not stop a GM from putting a player on waivers. No miracle is required but it does require a team to claim him.

Howeever, I don't see waivers happening unless JB really wants to get rid of Bieksa's contract for next season and Bieksa won't waive.

A 2nd and a middle-level prospect is what I see getting thrown around here a lot. The guy is 33, his best days are behind him. He is BARELY a #4 defenceman nowadays and is consistently getting worse, and don't give me that intangible BS that he's got leadership capabilities and he's a tough, rugged defenceman because that'll hardly increase his value. His contract already hurts it.

Just how do you propose GMJB will perform this small miracle?

A no-trade clause means a player cannot be traded without his consent.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/what-s-the-difference-between-a-NTC-and-NMC

yes i know that. But kevin might be leaving anyway is what im saying. Do yiu think he will get a contract with vancouver beyond next year? If so how much and for how long? If im kb and my gm wants to trade me then i will look at it even if im in a city i want to stay in becuase i may have to leave in a year anyway. Maybe if he was on the verge of retirement but he is not

besides. Thats what everyone was saying about garrison last year and yoy saw that jb got rid of him

He isn't really tradeable right now. He has his NTC, even if he wants to move, he will at least want to go to a contender.

I am sure in 2 years trade deadline there would be a few teams that would love to add him for depth.

But not this year, I don't see any of the contending teams wanting his contract for next season.

yes i know that. But kevin might be leaving anyway is what im saying. Do yiu think he will get a contract with vancouver beyond next year? If so how much and for how long? If im kb and my gm wants to trade me then i will look at it even if im in a city i want to stay in becuase i may have to leave in a year anyway. Maybe if he was on the verge of retirement but he is not

besides. Thats what everyone was saying about garrison last year and yoy saw that jb got rid of him

I have no idea if Kevin will decide to retire or continue playing after the next 1.5 seasons conclude.

He will be 35 going on 36 years old and only a handful of d men remain in the NHL at that age so his abilities to perform will answer your questions.

Damn if only Bieksa had no personality like Garrison then we would have traded him long ago. Unfortunately being "funny" is like a free pass in vancouver.

The only reason he wants to stay is because he's a millionaire living in vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. He couldn't care less about the team. I feel like he's one of those guys who's lost passion for the game

I honestly feel so sick of how fans view the veterans.

Bieksa wants to stay as a Canuck = lost passion for game, millionaire in beautiful city, "why leave?"

Kesler wants to leave the Canucks to win somewhere else = traitor, liar, no leadership, OH AND RUMOURED TO SLEPT WITH TEAMMATES WIFE, so he's a cheater too.

So players should just not tell the public whether they want to stay or want to leave because they're going to be hated anyways?!

Love Bieksa, Burrows, Higgins, the Sedins, etc. for what they have done for this team and the city of Vancouver. Quality guys, solid citizens and played hard.

But it's time to move on. Honestly, I wasn't thrilled when the Sedin's received their extensions for the dollars they were paid. It told me what I could expect for the next few years, same old Canucks. Yes, they may have "earned" the deals by what they took last time, how nice they are, what the market would bear....... but they are second line players on a team that wants to contend.

I would not be opposed to blowing this up. I can wait a couple of years (2-3) to see what Linden and Benning could build if they had free reign and what the young guys could do. I know the NTC's are an issue, but if the vet's knew the writing was on the wall, they may just realize it's time to gracefully move on.

Even the Sedin's are tradeable, imagine a young team like the NYI (who have cap room and the assets) with the Sedin's as their second line. I'm ready for a new era.

A 2nd and a middle-level prospect is what I see getting thrown around here a lot. The guy is 33, his best days are behind him. He is BARELY a #4 defenceman nowadays and is consistently getting worse, and don't give me that intangible BS that he's got leadership capabilities and he's a tough, rugged defenceman because that'll hardly increase his value. His contract already hurts it.

He isn't really tradeable right now. He has his NTC, even if he wants to move, he will at least want to go to a contender.

I am sure in 2 years trade deadline there would be a few teams that would love to add him for depth.

But not this year, I don't see any of the contending teams wanting his contract for next season.

These posts are pretty much spot on. To many on here over value players in a canucks uniform. With 1 year left and a high cap hit for a 5/6 defender how can some posters even think a team would offer a 1st rounder?

Unfortunately for KB the cap Will hardly increase if it does at all, how many playoff teams want to add 4 and half million to the cap for a bottom pairing aging defender?

he has always been over-rated which was OK when he was in his prime (he got by,ie: his flukey goal in the san jose series of the almost great year). he looks out of his league most nights these days. wanted to be here was a plus. trade him @ the deadline (get him to waive his ntrade with the promise of a coaching position when he hangs em up

I see Toronto being the best fit for Bieska if Benning wants to move him and he wants a fresh start. I think that Bieska bleeds blue and green and Benning would have to force him out.

Toronto would definitely overvalue him.

Cody Franson would be great coming back, but you can't value Bieska's effect in the room and leadership. The stats say lopsided trade though.

Cody Franson's stats 36 games 5 goals 18 assists 23 points +6 106 hits 6'5" 213 lb 27 years old shoots right

Kevin Bieska's stats 35 games 3 goals 3 assists 6 points -2 57 hits 6'1" 198 lb 33 years old shoots right

I see Toronto being the best fit for Bieska if Benning wants to move him and he wants a fresh start. I think that Bieska bleeds blue and green and Benning would have to force him out.

Toronto would definitely overvalue him.

Cody Franson would be great coming back, but you can't value Bieska's effect in the room and leadership. The stats say lopsided trade though.

Cody Franson's stats 36 games 5 goals 18 assists 23 points +6 106 hits 6'5" 213 lb 27 years old shoots right

Kevin Bieska's stats 35 games 3 goals 3 assists 6 points -2 57 hits 6'1" 198 lb 33 years old shoots right

Big time lopsided. It's rumoured that Franson will look for 5-6 million, why would Toronto give him up for an aging, less physical, worst defender who cost nearly the same?

Makes no sense.

Archived