The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Dreger) Canucks and Bruins talking trade

Southpop45

Dreger on Edmonton's TSN 1260 the morning of Thursday December 18, 2014:

• " I do hear he (benning) is in the market"
  • " I cant tell you exactly what hes looking for because its not specific"
  • "But I have heard rumblings that he and peter chiarelli are connecting in boston"
  • "Boston is hungry to do something. they're looking for a top six or top nine forward."

Its also interesting to add in that damian cox came out with a article a couple days ago claiming that the canucks would like to move one of chris Higgins or alex burrows.

My personal thought is that the deal being discussed might be something along the lines of Higgins for one of khokolachev, spooner, or griffith

I'm not sure we match up well with Boston. They are tight against the cap as it is and they have a few guys that will be in line for fair sized raises after this year in Smith, Hamilton, Krug and McQuaid. They also have several contracts coming off the books, but nothing that would give them much relief.

I'm thinking it would have to be either a prospect swap or something much bigger.

I'm pretty sure, that this is not the first time Benning and Chiarelli have been discussing. In fact, beside Anaheim (for the Kesler trade), i think Chiarelli is the GM he talked to the most since being hired.

They are probably still good "friend" and talk often, not necessarily about trading.

I'm pretty sure, that this is not the first time Benning and Chiarelli have been discussing. In fact, beside Anaheim (for the Kesler trade), i think Chiarelli is the GM he talked to the most since being hired.

They are probably still good "friend" and talk often, not necessarily about trading.

Yeah exactly. How is this news? Two friends talking isnt news. Maybe Nonis heard something and told Dreger. I could see Higgins being delt since hes actually worth something.

OP, none of the names you suggest we get back for Higgy make sense as all three are smaller, skilled forwards (and centers to boot).

I just don't see Benning surveying the Western Conference landscape and thinking to himself that this team needs more small forwards.

The deal will be Higgins and Burrows for Tory Krug and a add on. That's the meat of the trade proposal. Interesting would give the nucks a QB on the PP and offense from defense. Burrows and Higgins add depth and scoring to the forward rank.

Would also free up significant cap space for the canucks to make further moves b4 the deadline or dip into the free agency market in the offseason.

The Bruins need Cap space($.9M),we have ($2.2M) so,

Eriksson($4.25M) would probably be part of it

Higgins($2.5M)3yrs

Sestito($0.75M)UFA

Weber($0.85M)UFA

for

Eriksson($4.25M) 2yrs

Krug ($1.4M)RFA

Picks and or prospects

Boston would love Higgins and Sestito and clear cap space

Archived