The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

French ex-airline boss/Famous French author claims cover-up on MH370

Dazzle

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/french-ex-airline-boss-claims-cover-up-on-mh370/ar-BBgY6gf

Former airline boss and famous French author Marc Dugain argued Thursday that there had been a cover-up in the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, speculating that the passenger jet could have been hacked and then shot down by the US.

Dugain, a well-respected French author, argues that the Boeing 777 carrying 239 people crashed near Diego Garcia, a British island in the middle of the Indian Ocean used as a strategic air force and intelligence base by the US military, in the six-page article in Paris Match.

The US has always officially denied that flight MH370 came anywhere near Diego Garcia.

The latest theory into the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 on March 9, 2014 has all the ingredients of a spy thriller and has grabbed the French public’s attention.

The former boss of Proteus Airlines travelled to the neighbouring Maldives where residents told local media on March 9th that they had seen an airliner fly in the direction of Diego Garcia. Their claims were promptly dismissed by the authorities.

“I saw a huge plane fly over us at low altitude,” a fisherman on Kudahuvadhoo island told Dugain. “I saw red and blue stripes on a white background” – the colours of Malaysia Airlines. Other witnesses confirmed the sighting.

Fire on board?

Dugain speculates – adding to the numerous other existing hypotheses about what happened to flight MH370 – that a modern aircraft such as Malaysia Airlines' Boeing 777 could have been hijacked by a hacker.

“In 2006, Boeing patented a remote control system using a computer placed inside or outside the aircraft,” he noted. This technology lead Dugain to the idea of a “soft” remote hijacking.

But the writer also suggests that a fire could have led the crew to deactivate electrical devices, including transmission systems.

Whatever the initial reasons for leaving its flight path, Dugain suspects that the plane then headed to Diego Garcia, where a number of scenarios may have played out – including the US Air Force shooting it down for fear of a September 11-style attack.

Dugain met the mayor of neighbouring Baarah island, who showed him pictures of a strange device found on a beach two weeks after the plane had disappeared and before the Maldives military seized it. Two aviation experts and a local military officer concluded that the object was a Boeing fire extinguisher. Dugain points out that for the extinguisher to have floated, it must have been empty, having been automatically triggered by a fire. He adds that precedent exists in which fires on board aircraft caused all passengers and crew to die of asphyxiation, while the plane’s automated systems extinguished the blaze and kept it in the air.

Cover-up

The rest of his article draws more conclusions from the information that has remained buried than from new facts.

The writer notes that the search operation in the southern Indian Ocean was based on satellite data from UK-based Inmarsat – the last organisation to receive a signal from the airliner – which is "very close to intelligence agencies".

For Dugain, the suppression of testimonies from the Maldives, the unlikely event that Diego Garcia’s US intelligence officers “equipped with the best technology in the world may have ‘lost’ a 63-metre-long object”, and the secrecy surrounding the cargo in the plane’s hold all point towards a large-scale cover-up.

So does the friendly advice of a “Western intelligence officer” – a British one, Dugain said in a radio interview on Thursday – who cautioned him against the “risks” of investigating the flight’s disappearance and suggested that he “let time do its work” instead.

The writer’s conclusion is that “the only firm belief left from this investigation is that someone knows”.

Pretty interesting development.

A very suspicious event, indeed. A whole lot of high-level executives on that plane.

It seems like a plausible theory. Makes better sense than most other conspiracy theories.

I always wonder why the witnesses on the Maldive Islands were so easily dismissed. Do they see low flying airplanes with colours similar to Malaysian Airlines all the time? If it is a rare event, they could be right.

Everybody who thinks its a conspiracy is an idiot. Im sorry but its true. Jesus christ grow up you sound like your all 14 years old.

ok so what's your explanation?

A plane disappeared off the face of this earth like it was in the bermuda triangle or something and our 21st century tech can't find it...

I don't like over the top conspiracy theories either, but something isn't right..

Especially considering there's no more media coverage surrounding it, and the malaysian government has basically brushed it under the rug.

ok so what's your explanation?

A plane disappeared off the face of this earth like it was in the bermuda triangle or something and our 21st century tech can't find it...

I don't like over the top conspiracy theories either, but something isn't right..

Especially considering there's no more media coverage surrounding it, and the malaysian government has basically brushed it under the rug.

The simplest and most likely explanation is that something went wrong onboard, as happens, and the plane went down in the middle of the ocean in a low coverage zone. The ocean is very large.

I don't see anything in that article that supports a cover up or shoot down. Just a lot of could haves and wild speculation.

And why the hell would the US shoot down a jet in the middle of the ocean? It's not like there are a lot of skyscrapers out there, and there would be a ton of time to shadow it and investigate the problem.

The simplest and most likely explanation is that something went wrong onboard, as happens, and the plane went down in the middle of the ocean in a low coverage zone. The ocean is very large.

I don't see anything in that article that supports a cover up or shoot down. Just a lot of could haves and wild speculation.

And why the hell would the US shoot down a jet in the middle of the ocean? It's not like there are a lot of skyscrapers out there, and there would be a ton of time to shadow it and investigate the problem.

Ochams razor .

This is what i stated i believe happened when the plane first went missing , that there was some sort of catastrophic failure onboard the plane.

It seems like a plausible theory. Makes better sense than most other conspiracy theories.

I always wonder why the witnesses on the Maldive Islands were so easily dismissed. Do they see low flying airplanes with colours similar to Malaysian Airlines all the time? If it is a rare event, they could be right.

They were dismissed because the description matched up with a different plane that was scheduled to be at the place of sighting.

Sorry, no source since I'm too lazy at this time a night, but I'm sure with a bit of digging you could find it.

Is the theory plausible? Sure. A lot of them are. But so far everything is simply hearsay, and is of no value to anyone.

This theory has one major flaw. Motive. If they flew the jet somewhere, you would have to eliminate everyone on board. Because any survivors no matter what the threat would talk. There's two things that stand out to me about the flight.

1. There is no mention of maintenance being involved. How come no one has checked the logs? When is the last time it was serviced? Did they use parts from Boeing? Or did they buy cheap replacement parts from Hong Kong? Or Malaysia? For all we know a part from the wings, flaps, slats, tail, failed and lead to a major failure. How about the electrical? Many airlines are cutting back on vital maintenance to the bone. Yet I've never heard anyone look into this.

2. Investigators seized the copilots computer. Then a few days later they fluff over it, saying there's no evidence.

There is lots of cases where one event cascaded and lead to a crash. It can be as simple as clear blue sky, clear blue ocean and the pilot or co-pilot got disorientated, and despite instruments telling them whats wrong, they simply crashed.

The worst crash site is the ocean, because with currents any debris, fuel, can be scattered within days.

Now you're speaking like Viking Mama.

I told ya so.

I had speculated on 2 possibilities,..a fire on-board, which would explain reports of the plane making a very steep high-altitude climb before diving below radar...or terrorist hi-jacking.

To extinguish an outside fire,...there may have been an attempt to starve it of oxygen - if other conventional methods failed. To save the craft a desperate pilot might do this - even if it meant incapacitating passengers and/or crew members. The plane may have then continued flying on auto-pilot once returned to easy pressure & then oxygen levels below radar. Like a ghost plane,... the craft continued on a flight-path toward Diego Garcia as programmed-in by the pilot....who had knowledge of these coordinates which were programmed into his personal flight simulator at home.

Whatever transpired,...a deliberate hi-jacking, or an on-board mishap like a fire,...US black-ops security may have enacted measures to take-down any suspicious or threatening aircraft. In this case, I doubt the authorities would reveal the full truth. There were plenty of motives for persons to target this plane, ie:...terrorism,.. kidnapping/ranson,..the talents of several persons on-board (semi-conductor engineers, workers & brain-trust)...the possible contents in the cargo-hold,...a desire to possess the air-craft itself,..and/or for the financial gain from pending patents - if persons on-board were pronounced deceased.

The base at Diego Garcia has been in the news in Great Britain for improper documentation of flight records & for failing to report the arrival of detainees or "persons-of-interest" being either held or interrogated in relation to black-ops occuring in the middle east. I posted those charges on another 'MH370 disappearance' thread. It is not inconprehensible, that there would be groups interested in securing the release of these persons ,or in disabling this base of operations,.. much of which seems to have been constructed under-water & under-ground,...seeing as a large contingent of engineering people are employed there, vastly exceeding the need for constructing structures visible on the surface of a small atoll.

Whether MH370 was flown to an extremely high elevation to deliberately incapacitate or eliminate the crew for scheming purposes,...or for the self-preservation of the plane and its cargo, is unknown. But - we do know that whatever took place in the final hours of this flight,... had elements of premeditation, because the tracking equipment had been reportedly switched-off and/or disabled,.... & the flight-path definitely altered.

I have always believed the answers to this mystery would be found in the workings of the black-ops base on Diego Garcia. It's been called the 'Area-51' of the modern-era for a reason. The US govt. encourages all of this scoffing by nay-sayers to undermine the cred of honest reports & discourage further curiosity. This has them avoiding the scrutiny of activities,.. that should be more scrutinized. We know that the veiled threats/warnngs made by this un-named "western intelligence officer" at the conclusion of the article we are discussing,... aren't as preposterous as they sound, either. The public is acutely aware of the ways Russian intelligence previously eliminated a targetted person (poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko),..do you really think commanders on a US black-ops base like Diego Garcia, would protect their interests with any less vigilance,..or conduct themselves less ruthlessly?

This is all about avoiding liability or revealing military secrets that the power-mongers do not want exposed. Malaysia Airlines is a national carrier & should be bankrupt, seriously....yet it survives. I cant help but think this company is complicit in a cover-up,..or is allowed to remain vulnerable to infiltration, for some reason. Follow the money.

Was MH370's demise achieved by covert-hacking? I dont know. But - it 's obvious that there's a multi-national conspiracy to cover things up, here....and wherever the shell of this air-craft lies,...and who ever had the motivations to either secure or destroy it,...the truth is still out there & it remains a dangerous truth.

I told ya so.

I had speculated on 2 possibilities,..a fire on-board, which would explain reports of the plane making a very steep high-altitude climb before diving below radar...or terrorist hi-jacking,...& more than likely the possibility of a combination of both scenarios.

To extinguish an outside fire,...there may have been an attempt to starve it of oxygen - if other methods failed To save the plane a desperate pilot might do this - even if it meant incapacitating the passengers or crew. The plane may have then continued flying on auto-pilot once a steep-dive returned the craft to easy pressure & oxygen levels. Like a ghost plane,... the craft then continued its a flight-path toward Diego Garcia as programmed by the pilot....who reportedly had the coordinates of Diego garcia programmed into his personal flight simulator at home.

Whatever transpired,...a deliberate hi-jacking & subsequent fire,...or if US black-ops security enacted measures to take-down a suspicious or threatening craft,... I dont doubt the authorities feel that we can't handle the truth. There were plenty of motives for persons to target this plane,ie:...for terrorism,.. kidnapping/ranson,..for the talents of several persons on-board (semi-conductor engineers, workers & brain-trust)...for the possible contents of the cargo-hold,..or for the financial gain from pending patents if persons were deceased.

Diego Garcia has been in the news in Great Britain for improperly recording flight records & for improper reporting of detainees or "persons-of-interest" held or interrogated there relating to black-ops occuring in the middle east. I posted those accusations & reports on another 'disappearance of flight MH370 thread'. It is not inconprehensible that there would be groups interested in securing the release of these persons ,...or in disabling this base of operations,.. much of which is likely constructed under-water or under-ground,...seeing as the large number of engineering people employed there, seems to vastly exceed the construction of structures visible on the surface of this rather small atoll

Whether the plane was flown to an extremely high elevation to deliberately incapacitate and/or kill some of the passengers & crew for scheming purposes,...or for the self-preservation of the plane and its cargo, is unknown. But - we do know that whatever took place in the final hours of that flight,... had elements of premeditation, because the tracking equipment was deliberately switched-off & disabled & the flight-path corrected.

And yes - I have always believed that answers to this mystery would be found in the workings of the black-ops base, Diego Garcia. It's been called the Area 51 of the modern-era for a reason. The US govt. encourage the nay-sayers who talk smack & belitte the curious so that these reports arent scrutinized in the ways they should be. And - as we now know, the veiled threats made by an "un-named western intelligence officer" arent as preposterous as they sound either.

The public is aware of some of the ways Russian intelligence have previously eliminated their targets (poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko),..do you really think that black-ops entities in Garcia Diego would protect their interests or conduct themselves with any less ruthlessness or vigilance?

Was this plane's demise achieved by some covert-hacking....with the possible assistance of a Malaysian Airlines' pilot? I say the odds are probable. Wherever the shell of this air-craft now lies,...and who ever had the motivations to bring about its' disappearance,...the truth is still out there & it's a dangerous truth.

Why do people believe in conspiracy theories?
moonwalk-armstrong_newsdetail.jpg

Was the Apollo moon landing faked? Many Americans believe so. (Photo: AP, Neil Armstrong, NASA)

March 19, 2014, Wednesday/ 13:50:00

Conspiracy theories surround us. Witness the reactions on the Internet to the tragic and mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Perhaps North Korea hijacked the plane. Perhaps the Chinese are responsible. Maybe aliens did it.

Or, as an influential legislator in Iran contended to the New York Times, perhaps the United States "kidnapped" the lost plane in an effort to "sabotage the relationship between Iran and China and South East Asia."

Pick your topic: Ukraine, the National Security Agency, assassinations of national leaders, recent economic crises, the authorship of Shakespeare's plays — it's child's play to assemble a host of apparent clues, and to connect a bunch of dots, to support a relevant conspiracy theory. In recent years, for example, many Americans have become convinced that the U.S. (or Israel) was responsible for the attacks of Sept. 11, that the U.S. government concocted HIV/AIDS, and that federal agencies have conspired to hide the association between vaccines and autism.

Why do people accept such theories?

Personal powerlessness, social networks

The first explanation points to people's predispositions. Some of us count as "conspiracists" in the sense that we have a strong inclination to accept such theories. Not surprisingly, conspiracists tend to have a sense of personal powerlessness; they are also more likely to conspire themselves.

Here's an excellent predictor of whether people will accept a particular conspiracy theory: Do they accept other conspiracy theories? If you tend to think that the Apollo moon landings were faked, you are more likely to believe that the U.S. was behind the 9/11 attacks. With a little introspection, many of us know, almost immediately, whether we are inclined to accept conspiracy theories.

Remarkably, people who accept one conspiracy theory tend to accept another conspiracy theory that is logically inconsistent with it. People who believe that Princess Diana faked her own death are more likely to think that she was murdered. People who believe that Osama bin Laden was already dead when U.S. forces invaded his compound are more likely to believe that he is still alive.

The second set of explanations points to the close relationship between conspiracy theories and social networks, especially close-knit or isolated ones. Few of us have personal or direct knowledge about the causes of some terrible event — a missing plane, a terrorist attack, an assassination, an outbreak of disease. If one person within a network insists that a conspiracy was at work, others within that network might well believe it.

Once the belief begins to spread, a lot of people within the network might accept it as well, on the theory that a spreading belief cannot possibly be wrong. And once that happens, "confirmation bias" tends to kick in, so that people give special weight to information that supports their view. They also treat contradictory information as irrelevant or perhaps even as proof of conspiracy. (Why would people — "they" — deny it if it weren't true?)

Outrage and suspicion

A third explanation emphasizes how human beings are inclined to react to terrible events. Such events produce outrage, suspicion and fear. Sometimes the perpetrator is self-evident, as in the case of many terrorist attacks, but if there is no clear perpetrator — as with a missing plane, a child's disability or the outbreak of a disease — people might go hunting for the malicious agent behind it all.

To be sure, some conspiracy theories turn out to be true. Republican officials, operating at the behest of the White House, did, in fact, bug the Democratic National Committee's headquarters at the Watergate complex. In the 1950s, the Central Intelligence Agency did, in fact, administer LSD and related drugs to unknowing subjects in an effort to investigate the possibility of "mind control." In 1947, space aliens did, in fact, land in Roswell, N.M., and the government covered it all up. Well, maybe not.

Even when false, most conspiracy theories are harmless. Consider the theory, popular among younger members of our society, that a secret group of elves, working in a remote location under the leadership of a mysterious "Santa Claus," make and distribute presents on Christmas Eve. And in a free society, conspiracy theories must be allowed even if they are both false and harmful. But sometimes conspiracy theories create real dangers.

If people think that scientists have conspired to cover up the harms of vaccines, they will be less likely to vaccinate their children. That's a problem.

Unfortunately, beliefs in false conspiracy theories are also peculiarly resistant to correction. Recent research suggests that in the context of the alleged autism-vaccination link, current public health communications are unhelpful, even when they enlist facts to set the record straight.

Efforts to establish the truth might even be self- defeating, because they can increase suspicion and thus strengthen the very beliefs that they were meant to correct.

Such efforts are far more likely to succeed if they begin by affirming, rather than attacking, the basic values and commitments of those who are inclined to accept the theory.

Conspiracists like to say that the truth is out there. They're right. The challenge is to persuade them to find their way toward it.

www.todayszaman.com/life_why-do-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories_342499.html

Archived