The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Coyotes looking for a prospect, roster player in return for Vermette

DanHamhuis2

Yandle Vermette for Bonino Sbisa... JK

Richardson and Archibald/Grenier/Tommernes/Eriksson would be nice if it was in March so the cap hit wasnt as harsh. With Horvat moving to line 3 next year, I think 3rd line centre is the only position where a rental actually makes sense. Should only be made If we acquire a top 4 dman and are ahead of SJ and LA at deadline

My preference would be to not deal youth, but instead deal for youth and our 3rd picks back:

-Burrows for Despres/Doumulin, or add Gaunce to get Pouliot (he'd waive NTC to play w/Sid)

-If Jensen fills in well, F*** it, deal Higgins as well for Khochalechev or Fraser

-Richardson for a 3rd 2015 and 3rd 2016 (by end of year, Horvat n Vey will deserve more ice-time)

-Sign top 6 winger and top 4 dman in off-season

Head into playoffs as 8th seed (hopefully against STL cuz we do well against them):

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Jensen Bonino Kassian

Matthias Vey Hansen

Sestito Horvat Dorsett

Jeffrey Khochalechev

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa

Sbisa Stanton

Pouliot Weber

Not the strongest roster, and Sedins may not accept this message JB sends, but frees up 10 mil for UFA and adds solid youth n picks. Turns us from a final 8 team to a final 16 team... But next year it turns us into a final 4 team

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Foligno Bonino Vey

Jensen Horvat Kassian

Dorsett Matthias Hansen

*Khochalechev Shinkaruk Kenins Cassels Sestito

Hamhuis Carlsson

Edler Tanev

Sbisa Bieksa

*Pouliot Stanton Corrado Sanguinetti Weber

Thats without including my fake additions Khochalechev and Pouliot who will be studs (incorporate your own additions you'd make for Higgins Burrows Richardson )... I just wanted to show the impact 10 mil saved would make on 2016 roster thats one more year developed

Pineapples,

Who would you give up for him then knowing Horvat would lose ice time in obtaining him?

Didn't see your post at first, but I didn't say I think the Canucks should trade for him. We can't afford to keep him long term, and I don't want us trading for rentals.

There's other teams where he'd be a good fit though, both for short and long term.

look man, he hasn't produced at the pace people are suggesting. So i went overboard calling him a 4th liner. At this stage of his career though do tell me, what line would he play on if we were to obtain him like some are suggesting? I can assure it wouldn't be the 3rd line which is our most versatile and hard to play against when healthy.

Ergo if we obtain him he's a 4th line player and most likely shunting someone off of their position and line. That person is most likely Horvat.

He'd do great on another team I am sure. but not for a prospect and roster player in my eyes.

Even if we did get Vermette he would easily be on either the 2nd or 3rd line, just depending on what roster player was traded. He can play wing too, so he would bring some flexibility in that regard.

Again, I hope we don't get him, but I can easily see how he can improve any team he's traded to.

C'mon guys, Vermette is exactly what we need. If Bonino is comfortable playing the wing, we can slot Vermette as our second line center and ice a line of Bonino-Vermette-Kassian.

Faceoffs are ever so important and we can still get better. Horvat can move to the 3rd line.

Trade Richie and, idk, Archibald? would Richie and a 3rd do? Richie, Archibald and a 4th? They're not getting what they're asking for, that's for sure.

C'mon guys, Vermette is exactly what we need. If Bonino is comfortable playing the wing, we can slot Vermette as our second line center and ice a line of Bonino-Vermette-Kassian.

Faceoffs are ever so important and we can still get better. Horvat can move to the 3rd line.

Trade Richie and, idk, Archibald? would Richie and a 3rd do? Richie, Archibald and a 4th? They're not getting what they're asking for, that's for sure.

I'm thinking come deadline day they will receive better offers.

Vermette is better than Bonino, I would take him.

Meh I'd have to disagree. I'd love vermette don't get me wrong. He obviously has his strengths but I don't think he has more value than Bonino.

All that being said, one of the best faceoff guys in the league that can have impact other than just faceoffs (so not counting Gordon, gaustad, malhotra, etc)

He would be a welcome addition for depth. Plus then we can keep Bo under 39 games.

Archived