The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How do you want the lines to look next game with Kass & Hansen back healthy?

TheRussianRocket.

Any word on when Kassian is returning? I wonder if Canucks will try to send him down to the AHL for a 2 week conditioning sprint. May be good for him. Get some goals and confidence back after the injuries.

Sounds like he is aiming to be back right after the Holidays.

Why is Kassian out? Dude's been out since the beginning of November or something. It's been so long I can't even remember.

Broken hand/finger I believe.

Dank-Hank-Vrbata

Matthias-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

Dorsett-Horvat-Burrows

Worth a shot at looking at. 4th line deserves another shot together after last nights game. Burrows is like Vey now, 4th line but on the #1PP and unlike Vey he can PK. Now Burrows is playing in strong roles on special teams.

I'd sit Vey. I don't see how he fits in right now and I don't see where he fits in long term

.......really? I don't know why I have to continue defending this guy. His numbers speak for themselves.

"Well they've been padded on the PP" oh, you mean our dreaded 14th ranked powerplay thats slumped hard until last game? Oh okay then.

Sounds like he is aiming to be back right after the Holidays.

Broken hand/finger I believe.

I was thinking a finger too but given how long he's been out I was also thinking it could be something worse. But this was discussed on 1040. Given trade talks are going on with the Bruins apparently, that's why he's sitting out longer now than he should be; management intends on moving him here shortly.

Oh, wow, okay his last game was the 25th. It seems a lot longer ago than that.

I'd sit Vey. I don't see how he fits in right now and I don't see where he fits in long term

Vey is WD boy. Clearly Benning and WD see something in Vey or else he wouldn't be here.

At most I can see him as a 3rd/2nd line offensive winger. Good complementary player but not a standout player.

Given trade talks are going on with the Bruins apparently, that's why he's sitting out longer now than he should be; management intends on moving him here shortly.

Kassian had a displaced fracture in his finger that required surgery and the steel pins were only removed 3 or 4 days ago.

If he can go, he'll play against Anaheim.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Kassian

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen

Dorsett - Horvat - Burrows

I think Kassian and Hansen are flipped, but I love Burrows on the 4th. Horvat becomes more of a playmaker with Burrows on his wing. I think Hansen gives the 2nd a ton of speed and reunites Hansen and Higgins. Kassian has had success with Matthias and Richie, and both are playing great right now.

I was thinking a finger too but given how long he's been out I was also thinking it could be something worse. But this was discussed on 1040. Given trade talks are going on with the Bruins apparently, that's why he's sitting out longer now than he should be; management intends on moving him here shortly.

Oh, wow, okay his last game was the 25th. It seems a lot longer ago than that.

When did you here this? Last I heard on 1040, Benning admitted he was not talking with Boston at all despite rumours..

Kassian had a displaced fracture in his finger that required surgery and the steel pins were only removed 3 or 4 days ago.

And this is why he won't be on the 2nd line. Kass has to play to get back into game shape. Wonder why they don't just sent him down to Utica for conditioning,

For now, they will have to cycle Vey, Hansen, Dorsett and any player that is struggling. Given Vey is a rookie, they can't keep him out of the lineup for too long, as he needs opportunities to develop. Hansen and Dorsett have been playing well, so they should be playing.

Crazy depth this year/

This is why I wanted Horvat to go to the World Jrs.

I'd like to see WD alternate forwards based on who struggled the most the previous game (aside from the top line). That way no one's in the press box too long. If a player is scratched it isn't as tough to deal with if he knows he's only sitting one game.

This is why I wanted Horvat to go to the World Jrs.

I'd like to see WD alternate forwards based on who struggled the most the previous game (aside from the top line). That way no one's in the press box too long. If a player is scratched it isn't as tough to deal with if he knows he's only sitting one game.

Good in theory, but it makes it hard for any player to get any sort of rythem going. I think it would have to go in like 3-5 game cycles to see how guys do.

I don't want kassian, I don't like him, not because of his performance anymore but because of how badly you want him to have the best line mates and have the most opportunities.

I don't like how you devalue other players like vey, who are doing, what I would say better than kassian, just to make him seem better, which is is absolutely crappy.

And You know what, enough with this how two of our right now best player should play with him and how he should be put on the PP with this and this because he can do this.

Tell you what, why doesn't he make his line better himself, why does he need to have this and that line mate, when even Matthias and Richie are almost given the same opportunities as he has are are actually making a difference and doing it without him.

Archived