The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How do you want the lines to look next game with Kass & Hansen back healthy?

TheRussianRocket.

Dank-Hank-Vrbata

Matthias-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

Dorsett-Horvat-Burrows

I like these lines. Gotta get a good look at Kassian on the 2nd line and he already has chemistry with Matthias. Matthias has also played well enough this year to justify a look in the top 6.

Actually sending Kass to Utica would be awesome. They did it with Tommy and he probably was better off for it. I can imagine it would be great for kassian.

I really want him to succeed but he just hasn't put up numbers since junior really. Last year he had streches, but was a slow starter again this year.

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Burrows - Matthias - Kassian

Richardson - Horvat - Hansen

Dorsett has been great for us but Kassian fills his bottom-6 role, so lets give the team a few games like this. If Vey is underperforming or any of those bottom-6 forwards aren't doing their job then Dorsett comes right back in. I know he's scoring like a 3rd liner and kills penalties, but we need to give the kids more of a shot.

Danny / Hank / Vrbata

Higgins / Bonino / Burrows

Mathias / Richardson / Kassian

Dorsett / Horvat / Hansen

Vey / Sestito

Unless Kass cannot quite skate up to speed. In which case conditioning stint in Utica and Vey comes in.

D - H - V
M - B - K
H - R - V
D - H - H

No Burrows after a spirited two goal outburst? :shock:

Look.

It's this simple. Nobody has taken the job from Burr and Higgins!

There is nothing wrong with their performance so far this year. Bonino (8G/21P), Higgins (6/16) and Burrows (8/15) are all tracking to 20 odd goals and somewhere between about 42 and 58 points. Thats pretty much average. Not special. But nothing wrong with it. So someone is going to have to simply play harder AND display more skills.

Which would logically produce more results.

Vey probably has the skills. But has not played harder, nor had a better two way game.

Mathias (last 15 games) has played as hard, and may have the same skills? He's just as fast and a lot bigger. Its new for him (IMO), but if he keeps it up Mathias would be the most logical guy to win a spot up the line up.

Richardson certainly plays hard enough. But I don't think he can dangle and make plays with Burr or Higgi. He's fine where he is.

Kassian arguably has more skills. And more physical tools! He's doing fine now, not hurting us, but not playing as hard as they do. Thats why they are on the 2knd line. It's really this simple; when he fore-checks, skates, drives the net and digs as hard in the corners as any of Mathias, Burrows or Higgins > the job is pretty much his for the taking.

It's really up to big Zack!

Talk about a log jam at forward folks. Can't remember the Canucks ever having this much quality depth and options. Remember before the 4th line would be composed of AHLers for the most part and they'd only get a handful of shifts. Props to Benning big time and WD for giving these many weapons.

Sestito played great last night but I'd scratch him just because you don't want to take away one of the others chances with Tom instead. Dorsett has been reliable all year long, Vey has looked better and better lately and Matthias has become our staple on the bottom 6. This is what I'd like to see:

Dank - Hank - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Kassian/Burrows

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen/Kassian

Dorsett - Horvat - Burrows/Hansen

...Burrows has looked great when slotted with Bo and I like that look so I wouldn't mind giving it a few more games and see where it leads to. Vey & Sestito are the odd men out imo but not as a punishment, just cause the depth. And as good as Vey has looked, he just doesn't fit. As of now, not really up to par to be a top 6er and doesn't have the size and defensive awareness in the bottom 6. Bit of an odd spot for him but he's trying and getting better.

Sestito-Dorsett & Vey-Horvat should be the alternate pairs throughout the year unless injuries occur with Bo & Derek getting most of the games.

If Vey has looked good, how does he not fit? That makes no sense. Btw, he's the same size and weight as Burrows.

I say if a player cant hit cant stay on his feet when hit cant intimidate cant agitate than maybe he should be the 1 to sit. Also wanted to say look around the league at power forwards they all seem to start slow an example of a big power forward starting slow is Matthias some Canuck fans was wanting him traded earlier in the year.

Look.

It's this simple. Nobody has taken the job from Burr and Higgins!

There is nothing wrong with their performance so far this year. Bonino (8G/21P), Higgins (6/16) and Burrows (8/15) are all tracking to 20 odd goals and somewhere between about 42 and 58 points. Thats pretty much average. Not special. But nothing wrong with it. So someone is going to have to simply play harder AND display more skills.

Which would logically produce more results.

Vey probably has the skills. But has not played harder, nor had a better two way game.

Mathias (last 15 games) has played as hard, and may have the same skills? He's just as fast and a lot bigger. Its new for him (IMO), but if he keeps it up Mathias would be the most logical guy to win a spot up the line up.

Richardson certainly plays hard enough. But I don't think he can dangle and make plays with Burr or Higgi. He's fine where he is.

Kassian arguably has more skills. And more physical tools! He's doing fine now, not hurting us, but not playing as hard as they do. Thats why they are on the 2knd line. It's really this simple; when he fore-checks, skates, drives the net and digs as hard in the corners as any of Mathias, Burrows or Higgins > the job is pretty much his for the taking.

It's really up to big Zack!

Except Desjardins doesn't agree.

He moved burr to Horvat's line and had Hansen with Bonino.

I liked the move because the lines were getting stale.

I'm hoping all forwards being healthy will inspire them to better play.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Hansen

Matthias - Richardson - Kassian

Dorsett - Horvat - Burrows

Kassian can play on all 4 lines, he actually is pretty versatile in that regard. He can play with all different combos of players as he has shown that in the past, WD will slot him where he needs him. D Taylor said Benning would like to see Kassian on the PP more when he interviewed him last week. If the 2nd line is still running cold i could see Kassian on it for a stint but could also see WD try him on Hovats wing.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Hansen

Mattias Richardson Kassian

Burrows Horvat Dorsett

Sestito Vey

I think this is our best line-up uintil we make a trade or hope Jensen can make the jump. A more dangerous second liner would make this team ...

DANGEROUS

Archived