The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How do you want the lines to look next game with Kass & Hansen back healthy?

TheRussianRocket.

Why are you propping Benning when the entire bottom 6 is compiled by Gillis? -- except for Dorsett.

You still make a valid point, of course. Most of the team was compiled by Gillis, Nonis and Burke before Benning arrived. Benning deserves some credit, though, for adding players (Vrbata, Bonino, Dorsett and Vey among the forwards-4 of the 14 on the roster) who so far are working out so that the team has depth.

You still make a valid point, of course. Most of the team was compiled by Gillis, Nonis and Burke before Benning arrived. Benning deserves some credit, though, for adding players (Vrbata, Bonino, Dorsett and Vey among the forwards-4 of the 14 on the roster) who so far are working out so that the team has depth.

Gillis also didn't realize you need scoring to win games or a fourth line.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Matthias - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not a huge fan of the way our third line is constructed. Vey looks extremely shaky to me still and I'd love to see Richardson play with Dorsett for a while

I think back to the Ottawa game when Neil slapped around Dorsett that's when the Sens came back and beat us when Engelland beat Dorsett the Flames came back and almost beat us having a tough guy some how helps a weaker players psyche IMO.

I didn't see Dorsett get slapped around by Neil. When did that happen?

I did see Dorsett telling Neil he had an injured hand and then some wrestling to the ground at which point Neil tried to sucker punch him.

The England fight was not much better and considering he had 2 inches and 10 lbs on Dorsett I would hardly say it was convincing enough to turn a game around.

However if you want to think that way, that's up to you.

Anyone else think that they might send Kassian down to Utica for a conditioning assignment? No one really deserves to sit right now and Kassian likely will need at least a few games to get his timing back.

I'm with you.

Haven't looked at Utica's schedule but this makes sense.

Hilarious that he goes from IR to the 2nd line. The thing that makes Kassian a top 6 candidate is his sweet hands. I would think he's gonna need some time to get completely healthy not to mention conditioning.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Matthias - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not a huge fan of the way our third line is constructed. Vey looks extremely shaky to me still and I'd love to see Richardson play with Dorsett for a while

I have to agree with you. Richardson I find just does not win the puck battles down low in the d zone and third line tends to spend too much time in their own zone because of. Bonino or Horvat would be better with Kassian and Matthias.

Burrows - Sedin - Vrbata

Sedin - Horvat - Kassian

Higgins - Bonino - Hansen

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Interesting combination... but highly unlikely. Maybe next season?

I'd go with,

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Hansen

Matthias-Richardson-Kassian

Dorsette/Sestito-Horvat-Burrows

-- Hansen, thanks to his speed, can do what Bonino and Higgins don't do so well, which is to go in on the forecheck and cause turnovers and dig the puck out from the corners, get to the loose puck first and so on. His skillset compliments Higgins and Bonino.

-- Kassian has had good chemistry with Mathias and Richardson so I'd keep him there for now. And since Matthias and Richardson are both playing real well right now, I'd be interested to see how Kassian can boost this line.

-- Burrows is better suited to fourth line duties where he doesn't have as much pressure against the opposition's top players. I think he still has the skills to chip in goals against the opposition's 3rd, 4th line and against the bottom pairings. But he is no longer a shutdown winger or a scoring winger that he once was.

Strengths: balance. All four lines have the skills to score goals and somewhat responsible defensively.

Weaknesses: No checking line. I don't know how we are going to match up against LA, SJ, ANA's top players with this lineup.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Vey

Mathias-Richardson-Kassian

Burrows/Dorsett-Horvat-Burrows/Hansen

Sestito,

Dorsett, Vey and Hansen switch around.

^^ this^^

That third line is where Kass has been at his best. Only way I differ in opinion is Dorsett is in the lineup every night unless he is injured. Sure would like to see a different left winger than Higgins on the second line but not a lot of options at the moment.

A:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Vey

Matthias-Richardson-Burrows

Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen

B:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Burrows

Matthias-Richardson-Vey

Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen

C:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Burrows

Matthias-Richardson-Kassian

Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen

I see thress options; Kassian and Vey are the two that will have to fight for ice time. Vey is more suited for the top 6, Kassian maybe worth a shot there but I liked what I saw from that 3rd line before he got injured. Matthias has started to produce as well so Kassian might be well suited and get lots of opportunities there.

The 1st and 4th line should stay the same, because they are working.

If all healthy for an extended time then it looks like there may be some good competition for a bit which will be nice.

What I would like:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Jensen - Bonino - Kassian

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen

Dorsett - Horvat - Burrows

What I would like without Jensen:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Kassian

.......really? I don't know why I have to continue defending this guy. His numbers speak for themselves.

"Well they've been padded on the PP" oh, you mean our dreaded 14th ranked powerplay thats slumped hard until last game? Oh okay then.

This, he's one of our only forwards with creativity and skill.

What I would like:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Jensen - Bonino - Kassian

What I would like without Jensen:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Kassian

Jensen is a right winger.

I'm very intrigued by the Matthias-Bonino-Kassian line I've seen suggested by a few posters. I'd love to see if those guys could click together.

I'd also like to see Hansen and Burrows reunited, and centered by Horvat, to see if they could recapture what they had years ago when Kesler used to play between them.

Which, I suppose, would leave Higgins-Richardson-Dorsett/Vey and Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata.

Honestly, I can't see WD scrambling the lines that much, but I'd be interested to see how those guys would play together, if given the chance.

Archived