The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finally Bobby Sanguietti gets called up!

desiboynux4lifee*******

As long as he is only up for less than 10 games or 30 days

I think Hammer's return date has been set tentatively at Jan 15, 2015 (would be the 10th game).

This has happened before and he just sat in the pressbox. If WD doesn't give him a look this time, he's making a big mistake.

You'd think that, but actually a man commented on facebook this;

Jim Benning did this Boston as well. He likes to periodically call up the top farm players, so they understand the system, practice with players on the big club, and grasp what the NHL coaching staff wants. Eventually, when guys like Sanguinetti get a chance, they will have a better chance of succeeding. I think Linden/Benning and the Comets are on the same page. It's great. The Canucks have never operated with this type of big picture thinking. Our call ups were usually tossed into the deep end of the pool and expected to swim.

I thought he made a good point.

I assume thats a total time frame for the season?

Essentially yes. If he clears waivers again the time periods start again. For example, if he's up for a total of 31 games and is sent down, he'd have to clear waivers and the 10 game/30 days for callups would start over.

Lets see what Bobby can do! :towel:

I think they need to give him a couple of practices and games to see what he's got.

He's earned a look with his play down on the farm.

Yeah, he has looked good. Add's more puck skills than Weber beyond the shot which they both have.

I think (pretty sure) he has to stay up or be subject to waivers. So the Nucks were careful before calling up as he may have to stay.

Yup.

As 4thLineGrinder pointed out, Sanguinetti has already been called up once and sent back down.

Thats true, but last time he was sent down within 10 games / 30 days after clearing waivers at the start of the year. He did not have to clear waivers last go round. Its now way past the limit from the beginning of the year.

Am I wrong?

Lets see what Bobby can do! :towel:

Yeah, he has looked good. Add's more puck skills than Weber beyond the shot which they both have.

I think (pretty sure) he has to stay up or be subject to waivers. So the Nucks were careful before calling up as he may have to stay.

Thats true, but last time he was sent down within 10 games / 30 days after clearing waivers at the start of the year. He did not have to clear waivers last go round. Its now way past the limit from the beginning of the year.

Am I wrong?

I haven't gone back to check, merely remember thinking when he was last sent down he hadn't played a game and was up for considerably less than 30 days. Also, he's played 27 of Utica's 30 games this season (according to hockeydb.com just a minute ago) so it would be hard to imagine him having been with the Canucks for 30 days.

On everything else you've said, I agree.

I haven't gone back to check, merely remember thinking when he was last sent down he hadn't played a game and was up for considerably less than 30 days. Also, he's played 27 of Utica's 30 games this season (according to hockeydb.com just a minute ago) so it would be hard to imagine him having been with the Canucks for 30 days.

On everything else you've said, I agree.

I thought it was 30 days or 10 games (not 10 NHL games). I def could be wrong?

But I'm pretty sure we're also past 30 days...

i could be wrong but i thought he(BS) has already cleared waivers so he can come up and down now without getting picked off the waiver wire

Yes, my point was that this year both are on one-year contracts and WILL be waivers-eligible should they both be re-signed for next season, and thus both have to clear again if they don't make the team. This season Weber is eligible whereas they still have flexibility with Sanguinetti, but a decision needs to be made at some point. Highly doubtful both make the Canucks team next camp so either they don't resign one, risk losing one, or make a trade.

As per Benning's workings, Sanguinetti already has the equivalent of a half-season in the NHL between two other teams, and has already been called up once to his third. He knows the ropes, so let's get him in there! Let's see who should be our #7...

I thought it was 30 days or 10 games (not 10 NHL games). I def could be wrong?

But I'm pretty sure we're also past 30 days...

Looking again, I think you're right.

From http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/nhl-waiver-rules-explained/

"A player may be loaned to a club of another league if (a) he’s already been through waivers during the current waiver period and (B) the Player has not played in 10 or more NHL Games since the last time he went through waivers, and © more than 30 days have not passed since the last time he went through waivers."

Since more than 30 days have passed since the last time he cleared waivers, it would appear he'd have to clear again.

I'd thought he actually had to be with an NHL team for 30 days for the 30 day rule to kick in.

I think he's already been called up, just didn't play the other call-ups. It seems they just hang around with the team and wait for injury. I mean times, I guess we have to call-up players but I do want to see the call-ups play a bit. Even if they just play once every three or four games.

I think this guy (don't know much about him) should slot in, against DET. ANA, SJ, LA are pretty tough teams, so maybe keep a more experienced guy like Weber in there would be better. Then Sanguietti get DET, and perhaps NYI or FLA.

Just give him some play time to see how he does. At some point moves on defense will be made. So might as well test out the young guys a bit to see if they are able to stick with the big leagues for next year or in a couple years, etc.

Weber may have a shot but he certainly NEVER gets it through. Pretty useless to have when you can't get it on net. Worth seeing if Bobby is an upgrade, hopefully.

That's one of the things that Green has given Bo-Sang praise for... and all the more reason to get him out there, because we don't seem to have anyone back there with that ability.

I think this guy (don't know much about him) should slot in, against DET. ANA, SJ, LA are pretty tough teams, so maybe keep a more experienced guy like Weber in there would be better. Then Sanguietti get DET, and perhaps NYI or FLA.

Back when we signed him, CanucksArmy ran an article indicating that he had very good nerd-stats in his limited time in Carolina. A number of us have been looking forward to seeing him since that time, and even had some hope that he'd be given a chance to make the team at camp.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/7/1/canucks-sign-who-the-hell-is-bobby-sanguinetti

Archived