The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finally Bobby Sanguietti gets called up!

desiboynux4lifee*******

In response to the waiver wire comments, a player no longer has to go through waivers to be called up, only sent back down. Also sanguinetti cannot be claimed this time around since he already cleared earlier this year, he would have to play at least 10 NHL games to be able to be claimed on waivers or been in the NHL line up for 30 days! I have a feeling the previous 1 game no ice time call up was for that very reason so that now that he's had a pretty good ahl season when teams might want to claim him, they can't because they let him clear earlier this year. Well played Mr benning, well played!

In response to the waiver wire comments, a player no longer has to go through waivers to be called up, only sent back down. Also sanguinetti cannot be claimed this time around since he already cleared earlier this year, he would have to play at least 10 NHL games to be able to be claimed on waivers or been in the NHL line up for 30 days! I have a feeling the previous 1 game no ice time call up was for that very reason so that now that he's had a pretty good ahl season when teams might want to claim him, they can't because they let him clear earlier this year. Well played Mr benning, well played!

The last time he was waived was in the preseason.

i could be wrong but i thought he(BS) has already cleared waivers so he can come up and down now without getting picked off the waiver wire

My take on the post you replied to was that he was talking about what we do with them next year. We'll need to see enough of them at the NHL level to decide who to keep if we don't think they'll clear waivers again.

I thought it was 30 days or 10 games (not 10 NHL games). I def could be wrong?

But I'm pretty sure we're also past 30 days...

Both are definitely NHL only criteria.

But I'd like to get a better look at Sanguinetti, and what he can do against NHL level talent. We'll see if it happens this time.

So he shoots more than the best passer on the team playing with two snipers,a more defensively inclined defesemen, who doesn't quarterback a PP and a fourth liner. I would have never guessed. :frantic:

Well, he's also ahead of Vey and Hamhuis, who both have more TOI (including on the PP) than Weber so it's not an insignificant stat.

Weber has been fine (he's a better than replacement level NHL defenceman) so it might come down to a rest situation for someone like Bieksa, or perhaps a match up that allows us to get Sanguinetti in. Maybe we just sit someone for a game too, but we'll have to see.

You'd think that, but actually a man commented on facebook this;

I thought he made a good point.

Check out this Province article that says Sanguinetti has been skating alone and not taking part in practice. So much for working him into the system with the big club. This is just insurance, not a legit call-up. Too bad for everyone but Weber.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/12/27/with-hamhuis-still-ailing-canucks-recall-sanguinetti-from-utica-to-make-sure-they-have-blueline-back-up/

Bobby Sanguinetti is back with the Vancouver Canucks as an insurance policy.

After practice on Saturday, the Canucks announced that they had called up the 26-year-old defenceman from their AHL Utica Comets farm team. He’ll be joining the Canucks Sunday for their visit to the Anaheim Ducks as their extra rearguard.

With Dan Hamhuis (leg) still on the sidelines, Vancouver is running with the minimum six defencemen. Sanguinetti isn’t expected to play against the Ducks or Tuesday against the Sharks in San Jose unless something drastic happens.

There’s no word on when Hamhuis, who hasn’t played since getting hurt in the early going against visiting Anaheim on Nov. 20, might be returning. He has been skating on his own. He didn’t take part in the practice on Saturday.

Sanguinetti was called up from Utica for a Nov. 14 game versus the Arizona Coyotes but did not play and was immediately returned to coach Travis Green’s farm club.

Luca Sbisa (undisclosed) was sidelined and Kevin Bieksa had missed practice the day before with illness, but Bieksa was healthy enough to play against the Coyotes.

Sanguinetti, who signed as a free agent with Vancouver this past July, is fourth in Utica scoring, with 17 points, including eight goals, in 27 games. He is a plus-16.

League-leading Utica (20-5-5-0) were hosting Lake Erie Saturday.

Their next outing after that is Thursday, when they are home to San Antonio.

It seems like WD is reluctant to make any change at all to the lineup he started the season with....its nice to be loyal but it would also be nice to see some players that are in the system play..especially a PMD.

Yeah, I agree: too much of a seniority system for my liking. It's not that Weber's been bad, but it's crazy not to have a look at what you've got, particularly a player who could fill a hole and a role in this lineup. If WD doesn't want to rock the boat, wait for a back-to-back, but it's just plain dumb not to see what Sanguinetti can do. As things stand, we're just developing him for some other NHL team next year. Not a good idea.

Check out this Province article that says Sanguinetti has been skating alone and not taking part in practice. So much for working him into the system with the big club. This is just insurance, not a leg0 it call-up. Too bad for everyone but Weber.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/12/27/with-hamhuis-still-ailing-canucks-recall-sanguinetti-from-utica-to-make-sure-they-have-blueline-back-up/

Bobby Sanguinetti is back with the Vancouver Canucks as an insurance policy.

After practice on Saturday, the Canucks announced that they had called up the 26-year-old defenceman from their AHL Utica Comets farm team. He’ll be joining the Canucks Sunday for their visit to the Anaheim Ducks as their extra rearguard.

With Dan Hamhuis (leg) still on the sidelines, Vancouver is running with the minimum six defencemen. Sanguinetti isn’t expected to play against the Ducks or Tuesday against the Sharks in San Jose unless something drastic happens.

There’s no word on when Hamhuis, who hasn’t played since getting hurt in the early going against visiting Anaheim on Nov. 20, might be returning. He has been skating on his own. He didn’t take part in the practice on Saturday.

Sanguinetti was called up from Utica for a Nov. 14 game versus the Arizona Coyotes but did not play and was immediately returned to coach Travis Green’s farm club.

Luca Sbisa (undisclosed) was sidelined and Kevin Bieksa had missed practice the day before with illness, but Bieksa was healthy enough to play against the Coyotes.

Sanguinetti, who signed as a free agent with Vancouver this past July, is fourth in Utica scoring, with 17 points, including eight goals, in 27 games. He is a plus-16.

League-leading Utica (20-5-5-0) were hosting Lake Erie Saturday.

Their next outing after that is Thursday, when they are home to San Antonio.

You misread that. It's Hamuis skating on his own.

Archived