The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is most frustrating about this team?

Outsiders

1) The Sedins

They are great players don't get me wrong. We were one of the luckiest teams for 10 years. The way they play the game. The way they find each other But man its so frustrating to watch them against playoff teams. They are no where to be found. They get pushed around and can't get anything going offensively and its just as painful to watch them play in the defensive zone, as I always feel like we are about to get scored on.

2) Bieska

He was part of the core but that has come and gone. I will always like him for his leadership and how he leaves everything out on the ice but man If anyone thought Edler was bad defensively Bieksa takes that to a whole new level. If I were Benning id trade him to Toronto (One of the few places he'd maybe waive but i doubt it). I know Bieksa wants to believe in this team but he makes so many bonehead plays now he is holding this team back. He is not worth 4.6 people. I don't care how much you may like him and what he means to this team but its time. We could use the cap space.

3) Our top 6

Probably one of the weaker in the league

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

(all top six players but are past prime)

Higgins-Bonino-Burrows/Hansen/Dorsett

( Are all bottom 6 players, except maybe Bonino but needs to get better on face-offs.)

Against playoffs teams like I said in the Sedin part, our top 6 goes know where. Its our bottom 6 that is scoring and winning us the game, I think our bottom 6 is top 5 in the league. But the problem is we have 3 bottom six lines. Are top 6 just gets pushed around by these big playoff teams. ( California teams , CHI, STL)

4) Not having a PMD, i can't stand this one. Our PP was best in the league in 2010-2011 because we actually had someone that could rush the puck up the ice. Edler can't. he gets to centre and then leaves it to Hank. All good teams have a PMD. La - Doughty, MTL - Subban. We need one so bad. We might not even have a 25 point d-man this year. our d must be bottom 3 in the league in scoring ( G + A)

1) Fans expecting a turn around in one year.

Nobody expected us to be top of the pack at the begining of the year, yet our boys have proven that they can roll with the big boys. We are in a bit of a slump in recent games but it's a long season.

Not that it's frustrating but I'm looking forward to seeing life after the Sedins and Burrows, No matter how bad it might be,

I still love the Sedin's and Burrows, but I actually agree with this. You can tell that this group doesn't have much else to give, Bieksa looks like he's forgotten how to play hockey, the Sedin's have slowed big time, Burrows isn't a top six player anymore. Some nights it's almost painful in a sad way to watch.

Guest Cuporbust2

I still love the Sedin's and Burrows, but I actually agree with this. You can tell that this group doesn't have much else to give, Bieksa looks like he's forgotten how to play hockey, the Sedin's have slowed big time, Burrows isn't a top six player anymore. Some nights it's almost painful in a sad way to watch.

Ya Sedins not looking so hot right now

I'll agree with the guy who brought up seniority. Willie needs to give others more of an opportunity rather than going back to the Vets when they aren't playing well.

Both Corrado & Sanguentti should have gotten a look by now. Lack should be getting more starts, and I also feel like Horvat should have gotten a chance somewhere other than the 4th line.

not giving fair chances to guys in the farm. Seniority comes first on this team and its apparent Bieksa,Weber or Sbisa need to be benched

Why Weber and Sbisa? Weber's a really cheap defenceman. For a depth defenceman at his price, there's really not much better. Are you expecting him to be like Ehrhoff?

Sbisa - the guy is a punishing mobile defenceman. He's improved a lot since the start. He should be a very good piece for the team in the future.

With out a doubt the mindless chicken little fans.

We managed a point in a tough battle on the road stop your bitching FFS

guess thats one warning point wasted.

Its always the fans fault right

anyway, I'm not complaining about the loss thought the team played well and should've won. I just wanted to see what others thoughts are. Thanks to the members of CDC that actually contributed to the thread, instead of attacking others

Archived