The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Magnus Paajarvi

VanGnome

Didn't see this posted anywhere:

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 36m36 minutes ago

Derek Roy (NSH) clears wiavers. STL puts Paajarvi in waivers. BUF also puts Matt Hackett on waivers.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Benning take a stab at Paajarvi, still young (23) and would give competition for the youth movement... if nothing else he makes a veteran expendable.

I expect a team to take a flyer on Paajarvi. Don't see him falling too far on the waiver list. Its disappointing to see how far his stock has dropped. I really thought he would be a star in his draft year. Shame what happened, it just seemed like he lost all confidence.

Some would say the Oilers happened.

I can see the Coilers taking him back.

He was traded from the Oilers to the Blues for Perron

I don't think they have room - just picked up Fraser (LW)

He will be picked up hope JB takes a flyer on him.

I think we would then have to move/waive Sestito and MPS would take his place.

Magnus as 13th forward? 14th when we get Kassian back - he'll barely have a chance to play.

No brainer for Oilers to take him back.

Meaning they essentially got Perron for free.

First good move for the Oilers in the 21st century.

They added a pick I believe a 2nd. Yup the Blues got Barbeshev out of it, who looks to be an excellent prospect. So not quite a win yet.

Shows how you can destroy a development path, by having him make the NHL for two years then send him to the minors for 3. His only fault was being drafted by the Oilers.

I think we'll pass on him, as is I think he's a 13th forward at best on this team. Kass is still waiting to get back in, and Vey has showed promise this year.

Why do people want the Canucks to claim him? I don't think he adds much to the team, plus our forward group is already crowded.

My guess is he goes to Carolina.

Agreed with this, MPS had promise at one point but there is no room for him on this Canucks team. I also don't see Edmonton re-claiming him but Caroline could use some scoring help so may grab him.

Why do people want the Canucks to claim him? I don't think he adds much to the team, plus our forward group is already crowded.

My guess is he goes to Carolina.

I think he could still be a good third liner but As you said, we've got plenty of those.

He got a pretty raw deal in St Louis as they were so deep and only ever gave him a few games in a row on the fourth line. Someone will grab him for sure as he still provides good size, great speed and is still only 23

So no love for Hackett on waivers in Buffalo, eh?

benning is known for his development and evaluating skills. I say go for him and wave sestito...better yet improve our defense lol....

I say let Benning's evaluating skills tell him if he's worth a pick up or not. At this point I'm not really sure he is over anyone else we have. Would you put him ahead of Matthias, Vey, Hansen, Dorsett or Kassian? I can see the argument for being ahead of Sestito if we aren't going to use him, but who comes out of the roster to make room for Magnus?

What's interesting is that the Blues are keeping Brodeur up for now with Elliot having just been medically cleared. They can bring Elliot back in from IR once MPS clears (or is claimed) and they're going with 3 goalies for now.

EDIT: looks like Edmonton is putting Pinizzotto on waivers as well.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h

Heatley (ANA) and Pinizzotto (EDM) also on waivers.

Maybe they would have room to bring MPS back?

Archived