The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Magnus Paajarvi

VanGnome

He won't make it past Buffalo, I think.

And then Buffalo waives Hodgson to make room and Edmonton picks him up :lol::lol::lol:

But there are 4 teams below Buffalo, and I think one of them pick MPS up.

23 years old with size?

Pick'em Up JB. Worst case, we have a replacement for Sestito/4th Liner, best case, we have a longterm replacement for Burrows.

A young forward, with size, that hasn't lived up to potential. Hmmm, why does that sound familiar?

Oh Right

Stojanov

Antoski

Sandlak

Oksuita

Bernier

Oreskovich

Pyatt

Bitz

Kassian

Who am I missing?

Correct me if I am wrong,

but I think the Oilers go to the back of the waiver pick list now that they got Matt Fraser off the Waiver wire.

You're wrong. Corrected. :P

But seriously, the waiver order doesn't change because a team made a claim. It stays the same order as the current standings, apart from the specific case where a player that was claimed from a team and then put on waivers again the same year. In that case, the original team would have first rights to claim him back, regardless of the standings, as well as any other team that put in a claim the first time around.

Pretty much the same as Kassian, with consistency as the primary issue here. He was draft just slightly before Kassian, so obviously he should be talented.

All those years in the Oilers system probably stagnated his growth and being in the Blues that's trying to "win now" isn't always the best for prospects who really should be down in the AHL developing.

I would really like it if the Canucks picked him up, but I would have no idea where to slot him up in the lineup. Should probably be top-6, but much like Zack, needs to earn it first. It's pointless to have him on the bottom-6 now has it's actually one of the Canucks stronger points right now. 13/14th forward would just a waste for him.

If only the Canucks can somehow claim him and then send him down to Utica. Help him to regain some confidence and to refine his game. Creates more internal competition among the recent picks of the Canucks (Gaunce, Shinkaruk, and Jensen, probably the closest comparable to MPS).

Archived