The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Desharnais may be moved..is O"Reilly in play?

ShakyWalton

Yeah I suppose you're right. But Tinordi is dirt cheap, and as good as Hamhuis is, he's on the decline. Maybe not as fast as Bieksa, but I believe we have already seen him at his peak.

Man, this makes me sad. Hammer is one of my favorite players on the team. :sadno:

Anyway, I'd rather get Nathan Beaulieu anyways.

You get 2 for one , him and his old man will both beat up on opponents.

Wouldn't any team who trades for him need to qualify him with a 6 million offer? That itself kills his value doesn't it?

Unless they can do 6 first year and 1 mill second year that averages to 3.5

ROR's a UFA at the end of his current deal, and wouldn't receive a qualifying offer as a result.

Can the Habs eat ROR's contract under the cap though?

Would be interesting for sure to see what ROR can do in a Habs uniform. As much of a pest as Desharnais is, ROR bring a shade more to the table

They'd have basically $6M in cap room if they moved Desharnais. Add in a roster defenceman and they'd have the space to fit in ROR's $6M. Not as sure about next season though, depending on who they re-sign and for how much.

But I don't really see this happening, even if Colorado could use more defensive help. Montreal's depth at center as mentioned and ROR's price tag aren't working in favour of it being a done deal.

Mtl had long suffered the debilitating effects(particularly vs outfits like Bos) of smurf-syndrome.

Bergeron impresses me. Guy gets things done. They'll keep Gallagher, cause his heart's bigger than Chara's arse; yet they've kaiboshed: Cammaleiri, Gomez, Gionta..all the way back to Saku Koivu. There's prob 1 or 2 more which I've forgotten.

Still to come, I'll bet they recycle this guy & Eller. They now have size, speed AND youth. With some emerging, bonafied stars at all positions. Not too shabby, I'd say.

Mtl had long suffered the debilitating effects(particularly vs outfits like Bos) of smurf-syndrome.

Bergeron impresses me. Guy gets things done. They'll keep Gallagher, cause his heart's bigger than Chara's arse; yet they've kaiboshed: Cammaleiri, Gomez, Gionta..all the way back to Saku Koivu. There's prob 1 or 2 more which I've forgotten.

Still to come, I'll bet they recycle this guy & Eller. They now have size, speed AND youth. With some emerging, bonafied stars at all positions. Not too shabby, I'd say.

Something in this post...

ROR is going to be expensive to re-up. He's already not even close to worth what he's getting paid and he's going to get even more on his next contract. It is in COL's best interest to trade him ASAP - I thought they should have paid Stastny what he wanted last year and traded ROR.

They'll be more than fine with MacKinnon and Duchene for years to come. Screw ROR and get a solid 3C and a blue chip defense prospect - whatever value you can get now.

You would have thought ROR would have commanded their needed key defenseman last year.

Spinoff implications taking shape now. And it was Roy who liked ROR according to reports. Its why you don't have the coach in full charge of your management decisions.

First blip in the performance of the Sakic / Roy management team. And it may be a big one that limits where they get for years...

Avs should trade O'Reilly asap. He's a selfish player and history has proved it.

Signs an offer sheet to get most possible money and Avs matched. After that contract is done, he signs another max contract and gets enough years so he becomes a UFA at the end of it and can the big bucks wherever it may be. Good player but not a team player imo. He's always been in it for the money and I don't see why thag won't change in the near future.

Lets say we were both NHL players, both playing for the Canucks.

If I can get a 5 million contract instead of a 3.5 million contract I would do it any day of the week. If that meant me not playing for the Canucks (favorite team) then fine, I would play for any other playoff contention team for 1.5 million more. I would take a pay cut, but come on. Do you know what you can buy with 1.5 million dollars!?

First thing I'd pick up would be this beauty! (200k, pocket change for me)

2014-ferrari-458-italia_100435781_h.jpg

Montreal also needs to re-sign Beaulieu anf Galchenyuk this offseason, I canèt see them taking on significant cap

Fair call with Galchenyuk. Beast.

Beaulieu not so much. 8 points & NO goals in 50 NHL games played hardly screams leverage. He's not even truly cemented in the lineup yet.

All of the Jets best D are on the IR. Not exactly great timing.

Plus the Jets GM seems to overpay his own guys. But has been a cheap c____ in regards to putting anything on the table to close a trade.

Add to it the Jets are JUST finally coming out of hibernation. It would be a steep blow to any momentum they gain to have ROR walk in 18 months.

I don't see it as a great fit.

A really good fit (?) would be Jersey!

Their record says they will acquire, then pay a good talent to keep him. See Schneider and (cough) Kovalchuck. They can let go a Larsson or Merrill on D and not skip a beat... No team besides Edmonton needs O'Rielly more than the Devils either!

^^ See Parise though as well. they also let Clarkson go (although for the price that seemed to work out) and Brodeur (although that was likely the best move) but I'm sure others have slipped loose over the years.

But the Jets have most of their D injured at the moment Trouba, Bogosian, Enstrom and Stuart are all out injured. Maybe once healthy they could make a move like that, but Bogo and Enstrom are out until later in January and Trouba and Stuart are February at least.

Desharnais is not good enough to get the Habs a player like ROR and I really don't see what the Avs would gain from such a trade. They were interesting last year but now their like the Blue Jackets. They some stars but can't put it together.

They have ROR, Stastny, McKinnon, and Landedkog as bonafide Top 6 players and then have a bunch of tweeners in the rest of their depth. On defence they need some help. They have Johnson and Barrie but have 3rd Pairing level defence afterwards.

They have ROR, Stastny, McKinnon, and Landedkog as bonafide Top 6 players and then have a bunch of tweeners in the rest of their depth. On defence they need some help. They have Johnson and Barrie but have 3rd Pairing level defence afterwards.

Stastny is no longer on the Avalanche.

Desharnais is not good enough to get the Habs a player like ROR and I really don't see what the Avs would gain from such a trade. They were interesting last year but now their like the Blue Jackets. They some stars but can't put it together.

Seriously? Stastny???????

Anyway, moving on, I think if a trade was made it would be DD and a defender for RoR.

Archived