The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks - Dec 30

canucktican

A big reason why the Canucks are where they are in the standings is the success they have had when playing on the penalty kill.

As they prepare to play their final game of 2014, the Canucks sit 5th overall in the NHL while skating shorthanded. In 11 of the 19 road games Vancouver has played this season, the Canucks have not allowed their opponents to score on the power play.

Willie better let the twins play. They're in good enough shape, and should play at least 19 minutes a night in regulation. I don't care if they match up burns, couture, pavelski, Thornton... Let them play against whoever. They are superior.

Willie better let the twins play. They're in good enough shape, and should play at least 19 minutes a night in regulation. I don't care if they match up burns, couture, pavelski, Thornton... Let them play against whoever. They are superior.

WD will roll 4 lines like he usually does.

If we get a lot of PPs Sedins ice time will go up. Last game we had 5 sec of PP time so as a result the Sedins had not as much ice time.

WD will roll 4 lines like he usually does.

If we get a lot of PPs Sedins ice time will go up. Last game we had 5 sec of PP time so as a result the Sedins had not as much ice time.

But we're playing a California team again. We're guaranteed 5 seconds or less :(

I'd prob go the opposite direction with the Sedins.

15 min max plus PP time.

Their cycle is pretty ineffective against the Cali teams. they end up being a bit of a defensive liability.

Coming in off the rush is the best way to deal with San jose. Use our speed and get past the big D.

Too bad we aren't that fast anymore.

I say we win 2-1 in OT

Winners of 8 in a row at home (undefeated in the month of December) the Sharks are coming off some struggles of their own against the other 2 Cali teams. They play the Ducks again tomorrow, in Anaheim, so let's hope they're thinking about that one tonight and we can steal a couple points.

part of the Sedins success was AV 's smart matchup, using them as a real weapon who were used the best way. If that's what WD is doing then the Sedins would have much higher success offensively

Archived