The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks - Dec 30

canucktican

Nope. They're still elite and can match up to every single teams top line. They shouldn't be benched because the other team is putting their top line on. At the end of the day they are the best players this franchise has right now and has had all these years. Limiting their ice time is not the right thing to do. Nor was giving them 23 minutes each night under torts.

you need to stop throwing the word elite around i don't think you know what it means the Sedins are still good players but are nowhere near elite anymore elite was them putting up 100 point seasons

Nope. They're still elite and can match up to every single teams top line. They shouldn't be benched because the other team is putting their top line on. At the end of the day they are the best players this franchise has right now and has had all these years. Limiting their ice time is not the right thing to do. Nor was giving them 23 minutes each night under torts.

Marge called. She wants you to come home

you need to stop throwing the word elite around i don't think you know what it means the Sedins are still good players but are nowhere near elite anymore elite was them putting up 100 point seasons

OK talk to me when they aren't raising a cup in one of the next 3 seasons.

Then Weber, kopitar, Subban, etc aren't elite because they don't put up 100 points?

That's why we struggle scoring against the sharks.

We can't lift the puck on their goalies who can't cover the top half

Niemi, Lehtonen, Crawford - average goaltenders that look like Vezina candidates when playing VAN

Then Weber, kopitar, Subban, etc aren't elite because they don't put up 100 points?

sorry don't have a crystal ball

also Kopitar has a cup and is a pretty dominant player

Subban is a defenseman they usually don't get 100 points but yes he is one of the best defenseman in the game same goes for Weber

keep pumping the pom poms this team and it's players are nowhere close to being an elite or considered elite team

Weber is a defensive defenseman, Kopitar is a two way centerman, Subban is a defenseman.

Really hard for them to put up those numbers and Kopitar isn't really elite, I'd say the tier below elite (I'd put him ahead of the Sedins though).

sorry don't have a crystal ball

also Kopitar has a cup and is a pretty dominant player

Subban is a defenseman they usually don't get 100 points but yes he is one of the best defenseman in the game same goes for Weber

keep pumping the pom poms this team and it's players are nowhere close to being an elite or considered elite team

Other than kopitar no King's player got more than 60 points in either of the 2 years they won a cup.

They play a system in order to win a cup. The sedins have adjusted to do so as has the rest of the team. If you didn't have something personal against the twins, then you would see how they've changed their game for the better. There shouldn't be a single game moving forward where they only get 9 minutes of ice time after the first two periods. It's not acceptable.

But I guess you don't think any LA player was elite when they won a cup? Because scrubs win cups? Haven't 100 point players doesn't mean anything. Look at seguins team or Ovechkin teams in the past.

But I guess you don't think any LA player was elite when they won a cup? Because scrubs win cups? Haven't 100 point players doesn't mean anything. Look at seguins team or Ovechkin teams in the past.

The thing with LA is other than Doughty & Quick (although any goalie could look elite on LA) they don't have any elite players. They have really good depth and an above average first line, which is close to elite. They also play a good system in LA and pose really good possession numbers.

Other than kopitar no King's player got more than 60 points in either of the 2 years they won a cup.

They play a system in order to win a cup. The sedins have adjusted to do so as has the rest of the team. If you didn't have something personal against the twins, then you would see how they've changed their game for the better. There shouldn't be a single game moving forward where they only get 9 minutes of ice time after the first two periods. It's not acceptable.

buddy i have nothing personal against any player okay let's get that out of the way

it's called being realistic not a delusional fan boy cheerleader this team isn't elite the players aren't elite they are lucky to be where they are in the standings

end of story it's also laughable that you think this team will be raising a cup in the next 3 years they are 5 years min from being an actual contender in this league

We don't have many guys that can lift the puck on a consistent basis:

Vrbata

Bonino

Vey

That's about it.

Geez, I remember when Edler used to let fly and people had to duck!

Next in his development was to get it on net. Then get it down.

Anyways, from the back end I think Weber and Edler can shoot it. And Burrows has some bar down goals in tight?

Maybe we should get Danny a motor bike for some lift off? C'mon boys > Get it up one More Time! :towel:

Archived