The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MetroHo - Web Hockey Simulator

dKs89

Some of you may recognize MetroHo, this is the second league being created for CDC. CanucksLegacy created the first league. For those who don't know.....

http://www.metroho.com/

METROHO... What is it?

METROHO is a browser-based multiplayer hockey game that combines the best hockey simulator with an engaging web community. In METROHO, you own, manage, and coach your own team. The advantage METROHO offers is enough statistics and features to make the game all that it should be, without any overwhelming complications.

Key Features Include:

Line change control (real-time).

Shinny games.

Action-packed seasons.

Playoffs.

Arenas/Awards/Endorsements.

You start off by creating your own team which will contain 15 forwards, 8 defensemen, and 3 goalies, each with their own age and skill level. Next, you sign these players and other free agents to your team while staying under the $65 Million salary cap. As a new team you cannot sign free agents over the rating of 79 until the team is 30 days old. Once you're ready, join a league.

Permanent Leagues consist of 15 teams in a season that lasts 20 days. Your team will play each of the league's other teams a mixed amount of times for a season total of 72 games. Half the games will be played at home, while the rest will be played on the road. The advantage of home games is that you can manually start the game any time during its scheduled day. This is a key feature of METROHO, as during a home game simulation, you can select the lines you want for each round.

The top 8 teams in a league's standings, after the season is over, advance to the playoffs, following a one day hiatus. Playoffs involve three series with each series being a best of 3, 5, or 7 (depending on your league's settings) to determine the league's champion. Playoffs last nine days. This means that once your team joins a league, the league's season and playoffs will last a grand total of 30 days.

Competition is fierce as there are both team and player awards to be won, not to mention the bragging rights that go with a large fan base. All teams start off in Level One and, through performance, strive for promotion into higher level leagues which feature progressively bigger trophies.

At the end of the regular season (day 21) begins the draft. The draft is 3 rounds with Round 1 on day 21, Round 2 on day 23, and round 3 on day 25. Drafts can include franchise players, but don't be surprised if a draft does not contain one. Every team begins with three draft picks which can be traded. Credits, gained by winning and playing home games, can be used to scout prospects to reveal their draft grade (A+, A, B, C, D etc.) Scouting also reveals the players projected future (Franchise Forward, First line scorer etc.) Lastly, every player in the draft has a Popular rank, which is their default ranking. Scouting a player reveals their Scout rank, which is their true ranking. Difference in Pop rank and scout rank are big factors in drafting prospects. A prospect who drops in scout ranking compared to popular ranking is generally not a player you want to draft, but a lot of the time they are the BPA.

Drills are the player progression system. Generally you want to drill your best players who are 22 and under. Depending on their Rating and Age, the chance of getting an increase in rating can be higher or lower. Players can only be drilled once per day. Players who are 22 and under may also naturally increase by themselves.

Every day is advanced at 11pm PST, with games being able to be played at 11:30, and games being able to be simmed at 12am.

Skater Ratings:

95-100: Elite player; Gold star

90-94: Superstar player; Red star

85-89: Star player; Blue Star

80-84: Pro player; Purple Star

Goalie Ratings:

98-100: Elite goalie; Gold star

96-97: Superstar goalie; Red star

94-95: Star goalie; Blue star

93: Pro goalie; Purple star

As of now, the league I created, The CDC Invitational, has 13/15 teams taken. I'm looking to fill the rest of the 2 spots. The game is fairly easy to learn and can be addicting. If you're interested in joining, create a team from the website by signing up, logging in and clicking 'My Team'. Post in here your user ID #. Your user ID # can be found on the right side of the page after logging in. Playing this only takes about 15 minutes out of your day, usually more though because it's very fun.

Players:

1) Wilfred - The Endless River

2) CanucksLegacy - The Sky Dragons

3) Yeger7373 - The Silver Dollar Jaguars

4) Virtanen87 - The Vancouver Knights

5) Dazzle - The Edenstadt Knights

6) HowYaDrouin - The Newton Mooseknuckles

7) Rick Grimes - The Weed Smokers

8) gmen81 - The Alabama Hotpockets

9) Morrisey - The Swift Current Storm

10) dral - The Honolulu Dragons

11) Dollar and a Dream - The Burnaby Devils

12) Nail - The Nail your Mommas

13) Misti - The Raging Alcoholics

14) plex-efferr - The Milan Mobsters

I'm putting my name into the fold.

Username: Dazzle #9041

Thanks ;)

I tried to invite you but couldn't. Have you clicked on 'My Team' and signed your team?

For when you do sign your team, I recommend you look at the roster screenshot I posted, and follow the contract standards I have there. Players who end their contract at age 26 and under remains as RFAs, players who end their contracts at age 27 and above become UFAs. Low rated players (<75) who are older in age should be signed to short term contracts. You maybe even want some 'Pro rated' (Purple star) players signed to short term contracts depending on if they are older in age or not.

I tried to invite you but couldn't. Have you clicked on 'My Team' and signed your team?

For when you do sign your team, I recommend you look at the roster screenshot I posted, and follow the contract standards I have there. Players who end their contract at age 26 and under remains as RFAs, players who end their contracts at age 27 and above become UFAs. Low rated players (<75) who are older in age should be signed to short term contracts. You maybe even want some 'Pro rated' (Purple star) players signed to short term contracts depending on if they are older in age or not.

Thanks.

I've assembled a team - please invite. Thanks. #9041.

I don't have time to make an account today as I'm heading out now, but I'd like to join. I'll be able to make one tomorrow and give you the name. Mind holding a spot for me until then (Tomorrow at the latest!)

No problem.

I'm considering joining this, but I've never been in a fantasy hockey league before. Will it be really difficult for me? I don't even know if fantasy hockey is my kind of thing, but it seems interesting and I want to try it. How much time does it take to make a team, and how much time per day on average do you spend on it?

Archived