The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MetroHo - Web Hockey Simulator

dKs89

I'm considering joining this, but I've never been in a fantasy hockey league before. Will it be really difficult for me? I don't even know if fantasy hockey is my kind of thing, but it seems interesting and I want to try it. How much time does it take to make a team, and how much time per day on average do you spend on it?

Well first off, it's not fantasy hockey. It's a hockey simulator, as in you just simulate everything.

At first, every kind of simulator when you're new to them can be overwhelming. However, if you know hockey, it makes learning Metro a lot easier. It takes five minutes to name and sign your expansion team. At minimum Metroho can take maybe 10 minutes out of your day. When the league starts you'd drill your players, maybe tweak your lineup and play or sim your games. Doing drills and simming your games are a daily thing. Of course there are many other features you can spend your time on, which can take more time.

I had a lot of fun when I was a part of this before. I think I was the Burnaby somethings and I ended up bailing on my team.

Training all of the players every day got very tedious for me and that's what made me quit.

I dunno, I think you're misinformed.

When you drill players, all you need to do is click 'Drill', it literally takes 2 minutes to drill 10 players.

He can't sign players from outside the league and only the commish is allowed to have VIP. You can buy vip to support the game's creator but can't use the benefits

He won't be using those players. It's a new league which means new teams and players only.

I was hoping you'd say that.

Excellent to hear.

Btw don't mess up your players by signing them to horrible contracts. 26 is the last year before a player becomes a UFA so I'd reccoment signing all your players until they turn 26. There's obviously different signing strategies that veteran gms use but i'd reccomend signing them til they are 26 for noobs

Btw don't mess up your players by signing them to horrible contracts. 26 is the last year before a player becomes a UFA so I'd reccoment signing all your players until they turn 26. There's obviously different signing strategies that veteran gms use but i'd reccomend signing them til they are 26 for noobs

This is a good idea...

RickGrimes2 ID# 9048

Guys, I maybe should've made this more clear, but I said new teams and players only.

That means you guys need to stop signing FAs. Everyone is supposed to go in with their original expansion teams and those players only.

When our league starts we get our own FA pool.

I'll actually have to stay out of this. I won't have enough time to commit I've figured and would rather not be an inactive participant in this league. Good luck and thanks for at least holding the spot Wilfred.

So I join and you drop out? What I ever do to you?

I dunno, I think you're misinformed.

When you drill players, all you need to do is click 'Drill', it literally takes 2 minutes to drill 10 players.

Well, when I was there I just found it annoying to go on every single day and individually click on drill for certain guys. I wish you could just "Drill All".

Also my team was usually sucking because the league I was in was way better than me. I'm assuming that's why I mostly got disinterested.

Would I be able to just make a new team with your guys' league? I still have my team I see, but I'm not sure how much better they are than starter teams.

http://www.metroho.com/loggedin/viewteams.php?team=6601

Well, when I was there I just found it annoying to go on every single day and individually click on drill for certain guys. I wish you could just "Drill All".

Also my team was usually sucking because the league I was in was way better than me. I'm assuming that's why I mostly got disinterested.

Would I be able to just make a new team with your guys' league? I still have my team I see, but I'm not sure how much better they are than starter teams.

http://www.metroho.com/loggedin/viewteams.php?team=6601

Oh I know, many times I've stopped playing because of it. I always go back though :lol:

Anyways, yeah, I'm looking for new teams only for this league, so if you would like to join, by all means, do so.

Archived