The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jagr Open To Being Traded

Baer.

a second?

I don't think so. We are already missing our third and are tied with 4 other teams for 5th place in our division.

He'd be great to have though. We'd most likely move a winger anyways as his spot would mean we have 3 extra forwards.

Lmfao, you're hilarious.

You make it sound like our division is in disrepair and at the bottom of the league. We're actually 2nd in the division based off tie breaks, and there are 3 other teams tied with US for 2nd in the division.

As for league standings (you know, the ones that dictate draft placement), the Canucks are 11th with 5 teams tied with them in points, with the Canucks having between 2 and 4 games in hand from 12th to 16th.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Canucks will keep up their pace and are likely to miss the playoffs and for that reason should keep their 2nd, but not for the reasons you're alluding to. Try and maintain a little bit of context in your arguments.

He is probably wishing/hoping he gets traded to a team like Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA, etc. so he can get at least one more shot at the cup.

I wouldn't mind him here, but the Devils will want young players - the ones Canucks have that could get us this return are too important for our future.

firstI doubt he would come to Vancouver. as we are not seen as real contenders. B) I personally just don't like the guy. C) Our team is old enough and we already have too many forwards.

1. Assumption based on nothing.

2. Personal opinion.

3. Inaccurate statement.

Lmfao, you're hilarious.

You make it sound like our division is in disrepair and at the bottom of the league. We're actually 2nd in the division based off tie breaks, and there are 3 other teams tied with US for 2nd in the division.

As for league standings (you know, the ones that dictate draft placement), the Canucks are 11th with 5 teams tied with them in points, with the Canucks having between 2 and 4 games in hand from 12th to 16th.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Canucks will keep up their pace and are likely to miss the playoffs and for that reason should keep their 2nd, but not for the reasons you're alluding to. Try and maintain a little bit of context in your arguments.

B) interesting...

Highly unlikely he'll be willing to play for a Canadian team. Canadian taxes aside, the travel schedule (especially out west) would kill him, and he knows that.

Didn't it get reported that Kesler would lose an extra $400k to taxes by moving to California? I think the tax issue is a lot different now, ours taxes are lower and depending on the state you are in it isn't much difference.

I wouldn't salivate over Jagr but wouldn't be opposed if the price was right. He would be better than current 2nd line options.

I used to not like the guy, but have really warmed up to him since he returned to the NHL, I think he has a different attitude plus his improved English lets him communicate his personality a little more.

I loved what he said to the folks saying he was tarnishing his reputation by staying on longer now that he isn't an elite player. He said "I think that is kind of bullshit" (those actual words). He went on to explain that he loves playing hockey and is going to continue as long as he is able, even after he can't compete in the NHL he will play in other leagues and then play on old timer teams for fun.

He is only 42... he has another 25-40 years ahead of him, most of which he won't be able to play hockey at any reasonable level. Why not keep doing it as long as he can?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Canucks will keep up their pace and are likely to miss the playoffs and for that reason should keep their 2nd

Don't get me wrong, but you're incorrect. The Canucks aren't likely to miss the playoffs. They're likely to make the playoffs, they aren't likely to win a presidents trophy though. At this point.

Now Edmonton or Carolina... They're likely to not make the playoffs.

Didn't it get reported that Kesler would lose an extra $400k to taxes by moving to California? I think the tax issue is a lot different now, ours taxes are lower and depending on the state you are in it isn't much difference.

I wouldn't salivate over Jagr but wouldn't be opposed if the price was right. He would be better than current 2nd line options.

I used to not like the guy, but have really warmed up to him since he returned to the NHL, I think he has a different attitude plus his improved English lets him communicate his personality a little more.

I loved what he said to the folks saying he was tarnishing his reputation by staying on longer now that he isn't an elite player. He said "I think that is kind of bull" (those actual words). He went on to explain that he loves playing hockey and is going to continue as long as he is able, even after he can't compete in the NHL he will play in other leagues and then play on old timer teams for fun.

He is only 42... he has another 25-40 years ahead of him, most of which he won't be able to play hockey at any reasonable level. Why not keep doing it as long as he can?

Trust me, California is a completely different country from the rest of the USA ;)

Archived