The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

More Police Officers Died On The Job In 2014 Than In 2013

EmployeeoftheMonth

No. The economy took a huge hit in 2009 and the unemployment rate has fallen every year since then. It's currently at about 6.5%. It was at 5% before the crash. It however peaked at 10% just after the crash.

I'me sorry taxi, you can't just take away the jobs and homes of millions of Americans and replace then with MacJobs for middle age workers and not expect a backlash.

I wish the reaction was different but if you believe that the sole and major function of police death is singular events over systemic problems then you are truly misguided.

I'me sorry taxi, you can't just take away the jobs and homes of millions of Americans and replace then with MacJobs for middle age workers and not expect a backlash.

I wish the reaction was different but if you believe that the sole and major function of police death is singular events over systemic problems then you are truly misguided.

I have to agree with this. I've never cared about unemployment rates too much. (not to say it's a useless statistic.) I've always been more interested in earnings. I love to find something that gives really good statistics about this including age, growth and job categories. These to me are much more important.

Archived