The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What asset(s) would you give up to move up in the draft? (Discussion)

J.I.A.H.N

Statement:

We end up with the 21st OA pick in the first round (Just Saying)

Question:

What asset(s) would you give up to move up:

5 spots to 16th OA ?

10 spots and pick 11th OA ?

Do we assume that guys who have NTC's will not waive? I see no reason to expect that they would want to go to a worse situation.

And do we assume that the Canucks are willing to trade their 1st, or is the objective to keep the team's 1st and gain a 2nd, higher 1st?

regards,

G.

Statement:

We end up with the 21st OA pick in the first round (Just Saying)

Question:

What asset(s) would you give up to move up:

5 spots to 16th OA ?

10 spots and pick 11th OA ?

It's a very deep draft. Giving up any assets to move into the middle would be near pointless. The assets it would take to move into the Top 10 (or 11) would be prohibitively expensive.

Yup. A goalie of some description will likely be moved.

Didn't Nashville trade a 1st for Gaustad who was an upcoming UFA?

regards,

G.

I hope Lack gets moved, Markstorm has too much potiental, but the thing is not many teams are in hunt for goaltender. Maybe hurricanes ? Trade deadline day we will see Buffalo moving Enroth too.

Lack or Markstrom

Bieksa

Higgins or Hansen

Richardson

Basically things that will fetch us 2nd/3rd round picks. Maybe package a couple 2nd picks for 1st? I wouldn't move up in the first round though, it's deep enough for us to get a good player regardless where we pick

EDIT: nvm. See above post.

Any reason that Bieksa would agree to waive? I know the question is, "What asset(s) would you give up?" but there should also be the inclusion of why a player would want to spend the last year of his current deal in some place like Edmonton when he currently plays in Vancouver.

regards,

G.

EDIT: nvm. See above post.

Any reason that Bieksa would agree to waive? I know the question is, "What asset(s) would you give up?" but there should also be the inclusion of why a player would want to spend the last year of his current deal in some place like Edmonton when he currently plays in Vancouver.

regards,

G.

I'd think he would be willing to waive to at least one team? Honestly, I'd take any pick #30-60 for him

Yup. A goalie of some description will likely be moved.

Didn't Nashville trade a 1st for Gaustad who was an upcoming UFA?

regards,

G.

Yeah. Who did BUF draft with that pick anyway?

Plus Richie is one of our more versatile forwards who we don't want to move. I don't think we should move him with the way he is playing. He is a keeper in my eyes.

Depends who is available.

If there's a solid D prospect who Benning covets, who may have even fallen a bit, then yeah, make it happen.

I remember when Fowler kept falling, I was practically BEGGING for Gillis to make a trade and swoop in to grab him. He would have fit our current needs quite well.

Yeah. Who did BUF draft with that pick anyway?

Plus Richie is one of our more versatile forwards who we don't want to move. I don't think we should move him with the way he is playing. He is a keeper in my eyes.

I believe they traded that pick, and a 2nd to Calgary for the Flames' 1st (Girgensons).

regards,

G.

Archived