The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Group A • Dec. 31 • Canada vs. United States • 1:00 PM PT

Detroit has a good player in Larkin but he's been invisible other than those late goals.

Domination in the 3rd period by Canada, didn't get trapped in their own zone and got out quickly as a 5 man unit. Demko made some really good saves, Canada could have won by 3 or 4 more goals. The mobility by the D is huge, they can all quickly skate it out and make it a 4 on 2 or 3 very quickly.

Deadly team to mess with.

Virtanen is a pleasure to watch. Demko looks like he'll be fantastic for us down the road. Finally, some top notch prospects!

We are going to be so stacked in net in 5 years with two of Demko/Markstrom/Lack. Really excited.

Anybody else find it a little off-putting that the only NHL executive interviewed was MacT? Flew in at 6 am to personally scout McD and Eichel. The thought of this guy getting his hands on one of these two makes me ill.

You and everybody else. Unfortunately he'll be stunting the growth of one of those two soon enough.

Guest Dasein

Detroit has a good player in Larkin but he's been invisible other than those late goals.

I disagree. I watched a couple of the other games and he's a really solid player for the US. He does everything for them - his role is to be the Ryan Kesler to Eichel's Henrik Sedin IMO and he's done it well.

I disagree. I watched a couple of the other games and he's a really solid player for the US. He does everything for them - his role is to be the Ryan Kesler to Eichel's Henrik Sedin IMO and he's done it well.

In this game, I didn't think he got much done maybe some time in the offensive zone but I didn't think he was a noticeable player out there.

Other games him and Fasching have been their best players with the cycling and possession in the o-zone.

Archived