The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[UPD] Fined 5k - So the Hansen hit on Wingels..

Tom Sestito

I literally do not understand how Hansen isn't suspended for this hit. Makes no sense. This is the type of hit the NHL should be trying to eliminate from the game. Of all the hits the Canucks have gotten suspended for, this is probably the worst, even though Hansen just coasts in, and doesn't get suspended...

I was thinking to myself, well at least this time we earned a suspension... The league is a joke.

He was already a repeat offender so there's that.

I have been wrong before, so correct me if I am, but Jannik was suspended in february of 2013 for his reaching punch on hossa. When determining repeat offender status isnt it 2 instances have to happen within 18 months, if my memory and math is correct Jannik would not qualify this time for repeat offender status.

But... but... the CONSPIRACY!

Seriously that's great; Hansen has been our best player lately. I can't believe that there are people here that want him traded.

Apparently, DPS new-comer & former hunter-hunter, Chris Pronger...must be the only DPS member willing to be on duty over the holidays - so Hansen catches a break.

Actually - I'm atonished! One can only hope that the very stern protests by Trevor Linden & one-time insider Jim Benning... (made over those twice ignored head-shots or attempts to take-out Matthias),...have finally reached the ears of someone who's decided to listen.

Perhaps all the shaming done over social media & here on CDC ...has finally had an effect on the whole lot of 'em. The 'safety' bar appears to have been substantially lowered in comparison to the determinations made by those who previously assessed Edler's collision with Hertl,.. or Hansen's collision with Hossa.

Where things go from here,...really is a mystery now...but - the standards still remain ambiguous for these players, at best.

Only a fine is surprising, deserved a game for sure.

It would be hilarious to see how people here would react if it was Wingels laying that same hit on Hansen and escaping with a fine.

I don't think anyone would would have been surprised.

Only a fine is surprising, deserved a game for sure.

It would be hilarious to see how people here would react if it was Wingels laying that same hit on Hansen and escaping with a fine.

Like lots of things there is division in opinion. Just cause peoples views differ from yours doesn't mean they are wrong.

The head was the first point of contact and Hansen left his feet on the hit. It should have been 1 or 2 games. We got lucky, not to mention he scored the winning goal right after the penalty.

Stop saying "we". You're a Leafs fan, we all know it.

Archived