The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nashville has yet to lose 2 games in a row this season

Austin Watson amigo.

jk - (picked him up as a fantasy prospect)....but you never know - the next David Legwand!

Vladislav Kamenev. :P

Also, they still have Leipsic, Fiala, Sissons, Beck, Aberg and Dougherty coming along.

Also, they have some of the classiest fans in the league. Preds will be a long term expansion success story, IMHO.

Guest Dasein

If they can pull a #1C out of their ass, oh boy.

I would stay the course.

Mike Ribeiro is a good stopgap 1C and he still has enough game to fill that role. Mike Fisher is an excellent 2C - I would say their top 6 center situation is solid for this season as long as those two remain healthy.

As for the immediate future, both guys turn UFA this summer, but I think Fisher has all the reasons to stay in Nashville (his wife, for starters) - I see him taking a hometown paycut to stay.

Ribeiro's trying to save his career, and this is the best possible situation for him at his age (34) - he'd be a fool not to re-sign. Poile should sign him to a 2-3 year deal around 3-5 million.

Looking further down the road, NSH has four young centers on their roster right now - Forsberg, Jarnkrok, Smith and Wilson. In 2-3 years, one of them could pan out to replace Ribeiro.

As for defense, I would also stay the course until Seth Jones wants to go to a team where he can be the #1 defenseman. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a package that has a young top 4 LHD.

Stay the course, keep drafting smart.

Vladislav Kamenev. :P

Also, they still have Leipsic, Fiala, Sissons, Beck, Aberg and Dougherty coming along.

Also, they have some of the classiest fans in the league. Preds will be a long term expansion success story, IMHO.

Haha, figures you'd have Kamenev! He'll have to wait though and take it from Watson, who has four years on him. :P (although Watson is more likely a middle six center).

I would stay the course.

Mike Ribeiro is a good stopgap 1C and he still has enough game to fill that role. Mike Fisher is an excellent 2C - I would say their top 6 center situation is solid for this season as long as those two remain healthy.

As for the immediate future, both guys turn UFA this summer, but I think Fisher has all the reasons to stay in Nashville (his wife, for starters) - I see him taking a hometown paycut to stay.

Ribeiro's trying to save his career, and this is the best possible situation for him at his age (34) - he'd be a fool not to re-sign. Poile should sign him to a 2-3 year deal around 3-5 million.

Looking further down the road, NSH has four young centers on their roster right now - Forsberg, Jarnkrok, Smith and Wilson. In 2-3 years, one of them could pan out to replace Ribeiro.

As for defense, I would also stay the course until Seth Jones wants to go to a team where he can be the #1 defenseman. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a package that has a young top 4 LHD.

Stay the course, keep drafting smart.

Honestly, I think they'd be crazy to sign him to anything more than a year.

He needs the carrot and can't feel his place is guaranteed.

Best goalie in the NHL, best defence man in the NHL and probably the deepest defence in the league.

You build a team around those core pieces, then get a bunch of rental/quick pickups for forwards and suddenly you've got a cup contender. Cup winning teams are built around defence and goaltending, and Nashville has the best of the best in those areas. Now they bring in a coach who can generate offence and they're IMO my Cup favourite right now.

Laviollette has done it before and he's a playoff-coach, and he's got his team adjusting every shift and every game to beat opponents which is a sign of a Cup-winning team. The only way they don't win is if they get a massive rash of injuries or their offence dries up, and even if it does they'll end up winning playoff games 1-0 or 2-1.

Best goalie in the NHL, best defence man in the NHL and probably the deepest defence in the league.

You build a team around those core pieces, then get a bunch of rental/quick pickups for forwards and suddenly you've got a cup contender. Cup winning teams are built around defence and goaltending, and Nashville has the best of the best in those areas.

Niemi/Crawford for Chicago?

Both those rosters were stacked with depth in forwards and defensemen so all they really needed was an exceeds above expectations goalie who can make saves. An above average goalie would be able to backstop that team to win.

I honestly think if LA had a different goalie they would still have at least one of their cups.

Well the Predators success is even better at the turnstiles.

A warm climate expansion team success story.

Proof, A well run team can thrive in a warm climate City.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nhl/predators/2014/12/31/predators-success-adds-attendance-record/21119927/

The Predators are a popular ticket this season in Nashville.

The latest sign was Tuesday night's draw of 17,401 fans at Bridgestone Arena. The crowd set the franchise's single-game home attendance record in the 3-2 win over Central Divison rival St. Louis.

"I think it starts with what the guys on the ice are doing; it's just an incredible year," Predators CEO Jeff Cogen said. "Certainly our passionate fans are appreciating that and coming out in droves. And our success has created additional fans."

Tuesday's attendance topped the previous record of 17,355 set on April 12 against Chicago in the final home game last season.

Of the 17 games played at Bridgestone Arena this season, 13 have been sold out, including eight standing room-only crowds.

"It's clearly more casual fans buying individual game night tickets," Cogen said. "It's also the people who were buying individual tickets are now stepping up and buying mini plans, the people who were buying mini plans are upgrading to fulls — there's just this positive momentum across all facets to what we're doing."

The Predators are 14-2-1 at home after Tuesday's win, and no team in the NHL has fewer home losses. Nashville is contending for first place in the Central Division with Chicago and St. Louis, holding the top spot for most of October and November.

Cogen said there are other contributing factors in the attendance figures.

He cited the two new ice sheets at Antioch's Ford Ice Center in exposing new fans to the game, increased television ratings, and sales and marketing efforts.

"I think if you throw all of those elements together it ends up with the relative success we're having," he said.

The Predators have drawn an announced total of 287,646 fans to home games this season, which puts Bridgestone Arena at 98.9 percent of capacity.

The best percentage in franchise history was during the lockout-shortened season in 2012-13 at 99.2 percent in 24 games.

Last season, the Predators sold out 19 of their 41 home games and drew 680,619 fans.

Predators' home attendance

Capacity 17,113

•Dec. 30 vs. St. Louis: 17,401

•Dec. 27 vs. Philadelphia: 17,315

•Dec. 16 vs. Boston: 17,113

•Dec. 6 vs. Chicago: 17,212

•Dec. 4 vs. St. Louis: 16,409

•Nov. 29 vs. Columbus: 16,548

•Nov. 27 vs. Edmonton: 17,113

•Nov. 25 vs. Los Angeles: 17,181

•Nov. 22 vs. Florida: 17,163

•Nov. 15 vs. Winnipeg: 17,113

•Nov. 11 vs. Edmonton: 17,129

•Oct. 25 vs. Pittsburgh: 17,218

•Oct. 23 vs. Chicago: 17,157

•Oct. 21 vs. Arizona: 15,694

•Oct. 14 vs. Calgary: 15,654

•Oct. 11 vs. Dallas: 17,113

•Oct. 9 vs. Ottawa: 17,113

•Total: 287,646

how the hell do they have 8 games beyond their capacity?

Rinne definitely carries that team a lot. Just look at this numbers. He will be the clear cut winner if those numbers stay the course at the end of the season. I still believe he is the best goalie in the leagur along with lunqvist and price. Quick would come in 4th

Well the Predators success is even better at the turnstiles.

A warm climate expansion team success story.

Proof, A well run team can thrive in a warm climate City.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nhl/predators/2014/12/31/predators-success-adds-attendance-record/21119927/

5]The Predators are a popular ticket this season in Nashville.

5]The latest sign was Tuesday night's draw of 17,401 fans at Bridgestone Arena. The crowd set the franchise's single-game home attendance record in the 3-2 win over Central Divison rival St. Louis.

5]"I think it starts with what the guys on the ice are doing; it's just an incredible year," Predators CEO Jeff Cogen said. "Certainly our passionate fans are appreciating that and coming out in droves. And our success has created additional fans."

5]Tuesday's attendance topped the previous record of 17,355 set on April 12 against Chicago in the final home game last season.

5]Of the 17 games played at Bridgestone Arena this season, 13 have been sold out, including eight standing room-only crowds.

5]"It's clearly more casual fans buying individual game night tickets," Cogen said. "It's also the people who were buying individual tickets are now stepping up and buying mini plans, the people who were buying mini plans are upgrading to fulls there's just this positive momentum across all facets to what we're doing."

5]The Predators are 14-2-1 at home after Tuesday's win, and no team in the NHL has fewer home losses. Nashville is contending for first place in the Central Division with Chicago and St. Louis, holding the top spot for most of October and November.

5]Cogen said there are other contributing factors in the attendance figures.

5]He cited the two new ice sheets at Antioch's Ford Ice Center in exposing new fans to the game, increased television ratings, and sales and marketing efforts.

5]"I think if you throw all of those elements together it ends up with the relative success we're having," he said.

5]The Predators have drawn an announced total of 287,646 fans to home games this season, which puts Bridgestone Arena at 98.9 percent of capacity.

5]The best percentage in franchise history was during the lockout-shortened season in 2012-13 at 99.2 percent in 24 games.

5]Last season, the Predators sold out 19 of their 41 home games and drew 680,619 fans.

5]

5]

5]Predators' home attendance

5]Capacity 17,113

5]Dec. 30 vs. St. Louis: 17,401

5]Dec. 27 vs. Philadelphia: 17,315

5]Dec. 16 vs. Boston: 17,113

5]Dec. 6 vs. Chicago: 17,212

5]Dec. 4 vs. St. Louis: 16,409

5]Nov. 29 vs. Columbus: 16,548

5]Nov. 27 vs. Edmonton: 17,113

5]Nov. 25 vs. Los Angeles: 17,181

5]Nov. 22 vs. Florida: 17,163

5]Nov. 15 vs. Winnipeg: 17,113

5]Nov. 11 vs. Edmonton: 17,129

5]Oct. 25 vs. Pittsburgh: 17,218

5]Oct. 23 vs. Chicago: 17,157

5]Oct. 21 vs. Arizona: 15,694

5]Oct. 14 vs. Calgary: 15,654

5]Oct. 11 vs. Dallas: 17,113

5]Oct. 9 vs. Ottawa: 17,113

5]Total: 287,646

Wow good to see they turned the franchise around. To be honest I was sure they will decline without trotz. I was definitely wrong.

Nice to see them ahead of the wild. Suter turned his back on them and now he's looking up at them! Although, I'm sure his money makes him feel better lol.

Regardless, I'd be stoked as a preds fan. Hope we can beat them next time though.

Archived