The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Palpable Parity!

I dunno.

Being on top early can be luck, or hitting above your weight. Advanced statistics as well as watching the product suggested we were running a bit fortunate when we were on top. Even though it was fun.

Chiming in; how far back is Columbus? As they get healthier they should make a viable (or should we say palpable) run at a wildcard berth. Toronto cannot just run and gun and win. Their possession and defensive game remains poor. I see Florida and Boston (Boston easily) passing Toronto. All it might take is a Lou to pull his groin chasing a chicken in some hotel. Voila Columbus becomes another candidate in the race?

So who are real candidates in this ''parity?''

The East is harder to judge. To me Tampa is top of the ladder and will make the final. I am skeptical of Pitts defense. And MAF falling apart again. Boston and Montreal need work to be competitors, the Rags need some tweaks as well but might be closer? Detroit is waiting just under the surface and is the 2knd best candidate to Tampa. Summary Tampa and Detroit, Pitt if you are being generous.

The West has four; Chicago, Anaheim, LA and ST Lou. Limping in with a chance SJ if you are being generous on this side.

My Missus endorses that I try harder as a cunning linguist..

Has she met Gene Simmons?

I dunno.

Being on top early can be luck, or hitting above your weight. Advanced statistics as well as watching the product suggested we were running a bit fortunate when we were on top. Even though it was fun.

Chiming in; how far back is Columbus? As they get healthier they should make a viable (or should we say palpable) run at a wildcard berth. Toronto cannot just run and gun and win. Their possession and defensive game remains poor. I see Florida and Boston (Boston easily) passing Toronto. All it might take is a Lou to pull his groin chasing a chicken in some hotel. Voila Columbus becomes another candidate in the race?

So who are real candidates in this ''parity?''

The East is harder to judge. To me Tampa is top of the ladder and will make the final. I am skeptical of Pitts defense. And MAF falling apart again. Boston and Montreal need work to be competitors, the Rags need some tweaks as well but might be closer? Detroit is waiting just under the surface and is the 2knd best candidate to Tampa. Summary Tampa and Detroit, Pitt if you are being generous.

The West has four; Chicago, Anaheim, LA and ST Lou. Limping in with a chance SJ if you are being generous on this side.

Has she met Gene Simmons?

Fluery failing ?

He lost a couple with a nearly a third of the regular team in front of him out and a patched up D.

Last night against the canes he was solid making several game saving stops , one at the end of the second to keep it 1-1 and a couple in the last before they went ahead 2-1.

If they get healthy and stay that way leading into the play-offs the Pens will be a threat.

Fluery failing ?

He lost a couple with a nearly a third of the regular team in front of him out and a patched up D.

Last night against the canes he was solid making several game saving stops , one at the end of the second to keep it 1-1 and a couple in the last before they went ahead 2-1.

If they get healthy and stay that way leading into the play-offs the Pens will be a threat.

Fluery's a bum. Would take almost any other goalie over him in fantasy hockey :P

Fluery failing ?

Last night against who?

Look Fleury won a cup and was good internationally when he was young.

He remains in the must re-prove himself category to me. He's was bad for nearly 4 years as much as he is having a renaissance for 30 odd games to start this year. My guard isn't down yet.

I admit its hard to discount a team led by Malkin and Crosby. Letang if used properly is also stellar. I just think they have to add some depth IMO to be a serious threat. Plus have MAF complete his comeback.

Tampa and Detroit are much deeper teams aren't they?

edit: BTW > Moving near Melbourne next month. Is there a big crew of Nucks fans you know of? Was a lone cowboy out in Perth for the most part...

Surfer, cmmt #23 was naughty(& a saucily thrown gauntlet), though I probably lazily stumbled into this here morass, to begin with..her & I were out galavantin' through Kyoto temples/shrines(NY's) today, & I tells ya', the rivers of yammering humanity was indeed PALPABLE, to fit yesterday's motif...

I'm suggesting(like with TM) CBJ should go fishin' next year with a fresh can of dew worms. Aside from the rotting Leaves, there's no space in that top-8, though the Broons could certainly elbow out the Caps.

Agree with you on TBay..impressive firepower. Yet it almost seems jumbled(too many cooks?) like an all star team. Might we deal Lack to them for Connolly??(don't trust their gting, this yr, as Bishop is mediocre)

Mont & NYI will be in the mix. I like that JR picked up Perron. Might they dangle one of their young D for one of our fwds?..Stay tuned.

Last night against who?

Look Fleury won a cup and was good internationally when he was young.

He remains in the must re-prove himself category to me. He's was bad for nearly 4 years as much as he is having a renaissance for 30 odd games to start this year. My guard isn't down yet.

I admit its hard to discount a team led by Malkin and Crosby. Letang if used properly is also stellar. I just think they have to add some depth IMO to be a serious threat. Plus have MAF complete his comeback.

Tampa and Detroit are much deeper teams aren't they?

edit: BTW > Moving near Melbourne next month. Is there a big crew of Nucks fans you know of? Was a lone cowboy out in Perth for the most part...

When i wrote that post the previous game the pens had played was against carolina which i watched.

He has had a new coach for the last 2 seasons , you could see the effect last year and this year he has got even better posting six shut outs to this point , last year five for the season , years before 1, 3, 3, 1, 4.

He was not the reason they lost last year in the play-offs though it will take the pens going all the way before most people will say he has redeemed himself.

Imagine if he a D in front of him that that could really play D.

Tampa has a solid team but not a lot of players with much PO experience , they did make that run in 2011 , and we woulda smashed them if they had beaten boston but for 2 years either side of that they did not make the play-offs and last year were swept in the first round by montreal,they have more to prove in the play-offs than Pitts IMO

Detroit how can one ever count them out , best coach/coaching , a healthy in form zetterberg datsyuk and howard are hard to beat but it is always about the quality and health of the supporting cast as you have noted with Pitts.

I have a few friends that are into hockey , got a friend from kelowna that plays for the melbourne night owls, i go down to watch him play and I have started skating again.

If you are interested in watching some hockey send us a PM when you have settled in.

Surfer, cmmt #23 was naughty(& a saucily thrown gauntlet), though I probably lazily stumbled into this here morass, to begin with..her & I were out galavantin' through Kyoto temples/shrines(NY's) today, & I tells ya', the rivers of yammering humanity was indeed PALPABLE, to fit yesterday's motif...

I'm suggesting(like with TM) CBJ should go fishin' next year with a fresh can of dew worms. Aside from the rotting Leaves, there's no space in that top-8, though the Broons could certainly elbow out the Caps.

Agree with you on TBay..impressive firepower. Yet it almost seems jumbled(too many cooks?) like an all star team. Might we deal Lack to them for Connolly??(don't trust their gting, this yr, as Bishop is mediocre)

Mont & NYI will be in the mix. I like that JR picked up Perron. Might they dangle one of their young D for one of our fwds?..Stay tuned.

Despres has solidified himself in their lineup and is buiding himself into a healthy trading chip that if he continues the way he has been should be ripe by the trade deadline , cannot see them trading , maatta or Pouliot , i would not.

Would love to get hold of despres , he has offensive upside , is really playing physical this season and his defense is improving , Blysma never showed total faith in him so he never really blossomed , but he is this year.

• 2 months later...

Archived