The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Canucks place Tom Sestito on Waivers

ARI put Schlemko on waivers too. Might be a good pick up? 27yo UFA LH depth D. Played for Desjardins in the WHL.

Yeah,rumored to be going to Canucks before he was demoted.

Strange timing? Not so much if Vancouver picks him up.

Best of luck to Tom Sestito.

Was a hard worker here who stood up for his team-mates. At the same time, I can't say I'm disappointed by this development, because he simply doesn't have the skillset of the guys he's competing with for minutes - and imo, there are better options already in Utica.

Hope he does well though - hard not to appreciate the guy, despite the unrealistic pleas via the media for playing time he hadn't really earned over other guys in the bottom 6.

Best of luck to Tom Sestito.

Was a hard worker here who stood up for his team-mates. At the same time, I can't say I'm disappointed by this development, because he simply doesn't have the skillset of the guys he's competing with for minutes - and imo, there are better options already in Utica.

Hope he does well though - hard not to appreciate the guy, despite the unrealistic pleas via the media for playing time he hadn't really earned over other guys in the bottom 6.

This. He generally played his role well enough when he was playing and he was in a tough spot to crack the roster. Hope he does well wherever he ends up.

You either have to play him or make a move, can't just leave it hanging there forever. He's a guy who steps up instantly for his team and changes the complexion of a game by getting in the other teams face on a consistant basis. Have to say I would like to have seen him in the line up along with Kassian, for say 10 games, just to see how that would look. Yes his lack of speed would hurt, at times, but he does bring an element I like. I'm hoping this isn't a mistake.

Archived