The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Canucks place Tom Sestito on Waivers

• 1 month later...

Wow... You gotta be kidding me :|

That's gotta be the lowest he could go. Poor guy, honestly he never got a fair shot under Willie.

If he's a healthy scratch for Utica, then I think Willie made a good call not playing him. Sestito's really dropped off the face of the earth.

Wow... You gotta be kidding me :|

That's gotta be the lowest he could go. Poor guy, honestly he never got a fair shot under Willie.

You mean rich guy right? Guy makes more on this contract than I will in my whole life. All for what? Staying in shape riding the bench while occasionally playing the best sport in the world. Boo fricking hoo if you ask me.

You mean rich guy right? Guy makes more on this contract than I will in my whole life. All for what? Staying in shape riding the bench while occasionally playing the best sport in the world. Boo fricking hoo if you ask me.

I don't envy hockey players. They dedicate their lives from the age of 4.

Boo frisking hoo for us that didn't dedicate our lives to a sport from the Ave of 4

Also they can't do things I do recreationally

Boo frisking hoo for us that didn't dedicate our lives to a sport from the Ave of 4

Anyone can dedicate to any sport from age 4. It doesn't mean you'll excel at it. In reality, only a tiny fraction make it to high level junior play, let alone the NHL. Some people are the exact opposite of gifted athlete, namely me :), but I still enjoy playing.

I agree, however all I'm saying is that this guy has nothing to cry about. He grew up, played in the NHL - made a boat load of money - played with a whole bunch of all world players... And now he can continue playing in the minors for a bit, become a scout or a coach, open a business, do whatever he wants... All because hockey, A Game, brought him there. So yeah, I don't feel sorry for Tom. He'll be just fine.

I agree, however all I'm saying is that this guy has nothing to cry about. He grew up, played in the NHL - made a boat load of money - played with a whole bunch of all world players... And now he can continue playing in the minors for a bit, become a scout or a coach, open a business, do whatever he wants... All because hockey, A Game, brought him there. So yeah, I don't feel sorry for Tom. He'll be just fine.

and i agree as well

he's likely made more money already

than most working stiffs will make in a life time working 40 hour weekly shifts

he has had glamor and fame too

he might feel unhappy about things now.. and will continue to pursue his career in hockey

when he is 40 he will look back on it all

hopefully he will feel content

and think of all the good stories he'll be able to tell his children and grandchildren

Archived