The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallen Leaves(Proposal)

So I just caught the scuttlebutt, that the Leaves are falling, & blowing 'round, to surely clog the COTU sewers/airwaves..I'm concerned. Like, can we help?

Nonis ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He KNOWS we got some good Ontario product. He makes us two offers...

#1 Franson(signed) & their 2015 1st, for Bo Horvat & Tanev.

#2 Their 2016 1st for Gaunce & Fox.

#3 Gardiner, & again their 2015 1st, for Hamhuis, 2016 2nd, & Kassian.

Would you snicker as this inept donut-popper pleads helplessly whilst over a barrel? Have him call players outa' practice(in front of cameras)? Insist he & Dregs to a stand-up tour, as a unit?

Is either option reasonable? Really like Bo, but man, would the Leafers give up a shot at McD?(Nonis might, dopey & desperate to make PO's)

I added the 3rd option for discussion's sake...

I like the idea of picking up Franson, what about a Matthias and Corrado for Franson?

If the leafs decide to trade Franson, especially at the deadline, they would get a LOT more than Matthias and Corrado for him. Matthias would be gone in the offseason, so Corrado would be all they'd be left with, and he is no where near Franson's value. I'd say Franson and possibly JVR are their two most valuable trade pieces.

Man, I figured the Leaves were hurting when I posted this, but this windy storm has sure set in quickly.

So why not have some PREDICTION-FUN with such an historical moment?

THE GAME is, call the destinations for these blowing Leaves.

-Pha9 to Edm

-Kessel to Dallas..imagine him & ol' buddy, Seguin..:^). They'll take hemsky's hit,++ some youth; maybe even retain some of Kessel's deal.

-Gardiner to SJ..don't really know why?..

-Franson to Chicago (Hawks might try to send heavy contracts away; while Franson will be UFA)

If the leafs decide to trade Franson, especially at the deadline, they would get a LOT more than Matthias and Corrado for him. Matthias would be gone in the offseason, so Corrado would be all they'd be left with, and he is no where near Franson's value. I'd say Franson and possibly JVR are their two most valuable trade pieces.

I realize he is a valuable piece, but he is also UFA at the end of the year. With the leafs so close to the ceiling, cap space would be a pretty valuable commodity. I suppose there would likely be other suitors out there, namely Detroit but I don't see it being A LOT more than that. I could see adding a 2nd or conditional 2nd (dependant on resigning). While it might make resigning him and others harder we could likely shed some cap space as well.

Franson is trash

I realize he is a valuable piece, but he is also UFA at the end of the year. With the leafs so close to the ceiling, cap space would be a pretty valuable commodity. I suppose there would likely be other suitors out there, namely Detroit but I don't see it being A LOT more than that. I could see adding a 2nd or conditional 2nd (dependant on resigning). While it might make resigning him and others harder we could likely shed some cap space as well.

While that may be what you are willing to give up to get him, it doesn't mean the leafs are interested. I agree with you completely on what would be worth it from our end, and I wouldn't want to give up much more really to acquire him.

However, if the leafs are going to trade him, they'd want nothing less than a 1st round pick and a b-level prospect/established top 9 forward

Archived