The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Should Benning make another attempt at Reinhart?

It's pretty obvious while we have a good mix of top 6-9 forwards in the pipeline we're still missing that #1 centre to replace Henrik in a 1-2 years time.

Well watching these World Juniors has really opened my eyes to what a stud Reinhart is. A lot of people were saying before the draft he's not your sure thing for a 1C but man does this kid look smart out there. Local boy who, rumour had, Benning was making a serious pitch for at the draft.

Does he revisit that and try and pry him away from Buffalo? What would it take?

Unless Buffalo suddenly decides he's expendable (not even sure that happens if they get McDavid) then we aren't getting him for anything reasonable.

pass stop trolling

please add substance

And capitals, punctuation, sentence structure - really anything that'll read as proper English.

It would take a whole lot, can't see it happening, maybe in the future if he leaves buffalo via free agency. or through an offer sheet. Looking at the tyler sequin trade it might take Higgins+Jensen+Gaunce+maybe a 1st or 2nd.

Would probably cost too much. If Buffalo drops to the point where it looks like they will get McDavid/Eichel maybe, but I doubt it. He's suppose to be a really good scout, so ideally he'll find one later in the 1st round in this draft (suppose to be deep as well).

Do you know what trolling is ? He isn't trolling..

From what I've gathered on this website, "trolling", is not what you think it is, but simply when anyone posts an opinion that is not shared by that of the reader.

I'm not sure Reinhart is a 1C.....but can certainly be by far the best 2C in the league for the next 15 years. And if you can see what a stud he is....I think the Sabres can too, so why would they trade him?

To fill a more pressing organizational need? Top prospects do get traded before making their drafted clubs.... But Buffalo is full of holes everywhere...

That's why I would have given up a lot for him at the draft. I know he wasn't good enough to stay in the NHL this year, but you can tell by watching him play that he has all the intangibles that a #1C (or really good 2C) should have. He would be a perfect replacement for Henrik Sedin, but better defensively and probably no Art Ross seasons. He was compared to Zetterberg at the draft.

Now's not the time to acquire him though.

Or we could draft one instead of giving our whole damn depth!

Jokes aside, however, we would need to give Shinkaruk plus. I don't know... it'd be better to pass. Realistically it isn't going to happen so Benning wouldn't want to waste his time.

Archived