The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All-Star team is the Blackhawks (and Girgensons)

-SN-

We're not sour.

We like most hockey fans think it's a joke. We think the method behind it is unfair to many younger players or at least hard working players who deserve a shot.

Much like the WJHC where the selection is limitied to or basically relegated to who was drafted the previous year or who is the current flavour of the month for this years draft over players who have worked their arses off all year and by the numbers are having better campaigns than some who have simply been handed a position.

An all star game should be based on merit and numbers, not which 15 year old can click like the fastest and the most. It detracts from the actual integrity of the game as whole when you relegate it into a popularity contest as opposed to a reward for hard work in the sport you've dedicated your life to

Again, very few people actually want to go to these things. Only if you're a young guy like Subban or Kane who likes these things would you want to go. The real reward for hard work is given to everyone else who gets to go home and relax for a couple of days. People get upset when they get snubbed by their national team. But if they're snubbed at the all star game they breathe a sigh of relief.

So I disagree. An all star game should be a popularity contest. The on ice product is meaningless either way. The reward for hard work is hardware, not an extra exhibition game.

I don't care if any Canucks players go, this has nothing to do about the Canucks. The Rory incident is just another example of this process being stupid and ill-conceived.

You would've been shot down as a Debbie Downer had you said this if Rory was picked. This just makes or fanbase look like whiners again.

It's like this in every sport that has fan voting for anything.

NBA voting right now is total bull$&!#. Only 5 or 6/10 starters that are currently leading are deserving of starting.

$&!#ty Arsenal fans voting Schneiderlen over Fabregas because they're sour for TOTS so far.

Fan voting is always an attempt to engage the fans and drive up media attention.

It's like this in every sport that has fan voting for anything.

NBA voting right now is total bull. Only 5 or 6/10 starters that are currently leading are deserving of starting.

crapty Arsenal fans voting Schneiderlen over Fabregas because they're sour for TOTS so far.

Fan voting is always an attempt to engage the fans and drive up media attention.

The games were actually pretty good years ago..Stanley Cup winners against the Allstars..there was even the odd body check.

Bandwagon nation coming in strong. Can't wait until the Hawks have no fans again.

I can somewhat understand referring to the city of Los Angeles & their new hockey fans as bandwagoners, but I do not understand calling Hawks' fans bandwagoners.

They had probably the $&!#tiest owner in sports for decades. The team was never good. It's not easy to get behind a team that is that bad, that has shown no intention of improving, and it's the least popular sport in the country. Might I also add, they had Michael Jordan dominate that city? Over the last ten years, you can argue that they've been a top five fanbase.

Again, very few people actually want to go to these things. Only if you're a young guy like Subban or Kane who likes these things would you want to go. The real reward for hard work is given to everyone else who gets to go home and relax for a couple of days. People get upset when they get snubbed by their national team. But if they're snubbed at the all star game they breathe a sigh of relief.

So I disagree. An all star game should be a popularity contest. The on ice product is meaningless either way. The reward for hard work is hardware, not an extra exhibition game.

You would've been shot down as a Debbie Downer had you said this if Rory was picked. This just makes or fanbase look like whiners again.

So...trying to display the skill speed and integrity of the sport.

And the on ice product is meaningless

I rarely if ever use this but I feel it's necessary here

:picard:

To be fair, all the blackhawk players deserve to be there.

I can think of a lot of players who deserve to be there more than Kane, Keith, Seabrook, and Crawford. Voracek, Seguin, Nash, Karlsson, Girodano, Weber, Rinne, and Price just to name only a few.

I can think of a lot of players who deserve to be there more than Kane, Keith, Seabrook, and Crawford. Voracek, Seguin, Nash, Karlsson, Girodano, Weber, Rinne, and Price just to name only a few.

all the players you mentioned will be at the all star game anyways.

People take the vote to seriously.

The All-Star game is about having fun, and seeing the beauty of hockey. And one of the beauties of hockey is how multi-cultural it is. If Latvians got on their computer just to vote their one good hockey player, then let it be. It should be a fun game that every one can enjoy, even people across the ocean. There is a reason people don't hit in the All-Star game, It's because it should simply be fun for everyone.

I think its a strong decision on behalf of the NHL to hold this fan vote.
It's called the All-Star game for a reason. Not only because of the stars, but also because of the "All." And I think people are overlooking that.

I really hope they cut this fan voting BS next season. I know they won't since it drives people to their app and website so they make money off of it, but it's really stupid.

That being said. The entire All Star weekend is stupid anyway >___>

Archived