The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All-Star team is the Blackhawks (and Girgensons)

-SN-

I should make the rosters and decide the format. I think I'd do a pretty good job.

First off, it's East vs. West and they're battling for home ice in the playoffs. Is that how it is already? I never watch the games.

West:

Steen-Getzlaf-Perry

Kane-Toews-Kesler

Benn-Pavelski-Seguin

Hall-Koivu-Parise

Ladd

Suter-Weber

Keith-Doughty

OEL-AP

Giordano

Rinne

Anderson

Miller

Boudreau

Injury replacements: Wheeler, Marleau, Josi, Quick

East:

Giroux-Backstrom-OV

Stamkos-Tavares-Okposo

Malkin-Crosby-Zajac

Zetterberg-Johansen-JVR

Staal

McDonagh-Karlsson

Kronwall-Letang

Markov-Subban

Phaneuf

Price

Halak

Fleury

Johnston

Injury replacements: Foligno, Filppula, Greene, Bishop

Look good?

I should make the rosters and decide the format. I think I'd do a pretty good job.

First off, it's East vs. West and they're battling for home ice in the playoffs. Is that how it is already? I never watch the games.

West:

Steen-Getzlaf-Perry

Kane-Toews-Kesler

Benn-Pavelski-Seguin

Hall-Koivu-Parise

Ladd

Suter-Weber

Keith-Doughty

OEL-AP

Giordano

Rinne

Anderson

Miller

Boudreau

East:

Giroux-Backstrom-OV

Stamkos-Tavares-Okposo

Malkin-Crosby-Zajac

Zetterberg-Johansen-JVR

Staal

McDonagh-Karlsson

Kronwall-Letang

Markov-Subban

Phaneuf

Price

Halak

Fleury

Johnston

Look good?

"CWOZBY NOT FRIST LINE? EHRMAGEHRD."

-Pittsburgh Fan

Yep, Tito will be our man next year

Maybe he'll be the first man ever to play in both the NHL and AHL All-Star games in the same year? Call him up just to play in the big league one then send him back down. I could see the league having an strong reaction if that were to happen! :frantic:

I can somewhat understand referring to the city of Los Angeles & their new hockey fans as bandwagoners, but I do not understand calling Hawks' fans bandwagoners.

They had probably the craptiest owner in sports for decades. The team was never good. It's not easy to get behind a team that is that bad, that has shown no intention of improving, and it's the least popular sport in the country. Might I also add, they had Michael Jordan dominate that city? Over the last ten years, you can argue that they've been a top five fanbase.

Then try to logically explain the massive increase in fan attendance after Toews and Kane got there? Nobody cared about the Hawks before 2010 now everyone is apparently a fan.

West:

Steen-Getzlaf-Perry

Kane-Toews-Kesler

Benn-Pavelski-Seguin

Hall-Koivu-Parise

Ladd

Suter-Weber

Keith-Doughty

OEL-AP

Giordano

Rinne

Anderson

Miller

Boudreau

East:

Giroux-Backstrom-OV

Stamkos-Tavares-Okposo

Malkin-Crosby-Zajac

Zetterberg-Johansen-JVR

Staal

McDonagh-Karlsson

Kronwall-Letang

Markov-Subban

Phaneuf

Price

Halak

Fleury

Johnston

Look good?

Wow, that western defense

Again, very few people actually want to go to these things. Only if you're a young guy like Subban or Kane who likes these things would you want to go. The real reward for hard work is given to everyone else who gets to go home and relax for a couple of days. People get upset when they get snubbed by their national team. But if they're snubbed at the all star game they breathe a sigh of relief.

So I disagree. An all star game should be a popularity contest. The on ice product is meaningless either way. The reward for hard work is hardware, not an extra exhibition game.

You would've been shot down as a Debbie Downer had you said this if Rory was picked. This just makes or fanbase look like whiners again.

To be fair, if you go to the comments section of these All-Star articles, you'll notice that fans of other teams are whining and bitching about it too. Of course it's going to look like our fanbase is a bunch of whiners when you read the comments on the Vancouver Canucks' official message board.

West:

Steen-Getzlaf-Perry

Kane-Toews-Kesler

Benn-Pavelski-Seguin

Hall-Koivu-Parise

Ladd

Suter-Weber

Keith-Doughty

OEL-AP

Giordano

Rinne

Anderson

Miller

Boudreau

East:

Giroux-Backstrom-OV

Stamkos-Tavares-Okposo

Malkin-Crosby-Zajac

Zetterberg-Johansen-JVR

Staal

McDonagh-Karlsson

Kronwall-Letang

Markov-Subban

Phaneuf

Price

Halak

Fleury

Johnston

Look good?

I see Byfuglien representing one of the defensive pairings for the West. He has been on an absolute tear the last month and a half, and one of the major reasons why Winnipeg continues to challenge for a playoff spot, despite being without their usual top 4 defense being out with injury.

Archived