The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All-Star team is the Blackhawks (and Girgensons)

-SN-

Then try to logically explain the massive increase in fan attendance after Toews and Kane got there? Nobody cared about the Hawks before 2010 now everyone is apparently a fan.

The current Blackhawks sell-out streak goes back to the 2008 season, a season in which they missed the playoffs. That was the season Bill Wirtz died though. Attendance started rising immediately following his passing. Most people outside of Chicago will never truly understand how much that man was despised.

Uhhh.... Why are Canucks fans so sour about this again...? Are we all too young to remember Rory Fitzpatrick anymore??

Comparing an exhibition game roster selection to an Olympic one, what a freaking joke. You folks do realise that most of the veterans don't even wanna go to the all star game, right? Everyone just wants to go home to their families.

Source?

My understanding is they have a really good time.

I see Byfuglien representing one of the defensive pairings for the West. He has been on an absolute tear the last month and a half, and one of the major reasons why Winnipeg continues to challenge for a playoff spot, despite being without their usual top 4 defense being out with injury.

Isn't he a forward? I can never keep track. I would not put him on defense, given a choice. Wildcard. That and there's no way he cracks that western lineup of defense.

Isn't he a forward? I can never keep track. I would not put him on defense, given a choice. Wildcard. That and there's no way he cracks that western lineup of defense.

Based on reports, when the defense is healthy again in Winnipeg, Buff is staying on defense.

Also, he can easily crack the Western lineup. OEL, while terrific, is playing on an absolutely brutal team and isn't carrying the team into a playoff spot. Since moving back to defense, Buff has been carrying the team offensively, and has been playing more responsibly defensively as well.

Based on reports, when the defense is healthy again in Winnipeg, Buff is staying on defense.

Also, he can easily crack the Western lineup. OEL, while terrific, is playing on an absolutely brutal team and isn't carrying the team into a playoff spot. Since moving back to defense, Buff has been carrying the team offensively, and has been playing more responsibly defensively as well.

Not to mention running guys over like a semi. The guy has been laying the body every chance he gets, and I love it!!!

Really hope he re-signs as a Jet :(. You don't find too many players with his build and skill set who can play both F and D. He is easily the reason why the Jets are still in the race, along with Clutchinson keeping Pavelec in check. If it weren't for Buff, and the surprisingly good play of Chiarot, our defense would probably look worse than Edmontons :/

it's quite disgusting.

The allstar game used to be at least fun to watch the skills competition and game, the allure of the game's best.

Why not have players vote the top player from each team to represent their organization at the game ? that gives you 15 players on each team to start.

Then find a better way to vote the additional players in, still going to have multiple players from oen team if deserving. Should really be the players, maybe even management but not media or fans voting. Media = Eastern bias, fans = well we've seen what happens.

It's like this in every sport that has fan voting for anything.

NBA voting right now is total bull. Only 5 or 6/10 starters that are currently leading are deserving of starting.

crapty Arsenal fans voting Schneiderlen over Fabregas because they're sour for TOTS so far.

Fan voting is always an attempt to engage the fans and drive up media attention.

To be fair Schneiderlen has had a hell of a season.

He's no Cesc though.

I believe John Terry lost out too?

I can somewhat understand referring to the city of Los Angeles & their new hockey fans as bandwagoners, but I do not understand calling Hawks' fans bandwagoners.

They had probably the craptiest owner in sports for decades. The team was never good. It's not easy to get behind a team that is that bad, that has shown no intention of improving, and it's the least popular sport in the country. Might I also add, they had Michael Jordan dominate that city? Over the last ten years, you can argue that they've been a top five fanbase.

You're likely explaining that to someone that is to young to realize the history of the Hawks. And ya to call them bandwagon fans is just silly.

As for fan voting, I agree with the majority in this thread it's ridiculous.

No real source, but there is always one old guy who bails out due to a sudden injury. It causes a bit of a stir because it's suspected that they're faking it, and the league tries to make sure everyone comes.

Weak.

Archived