The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Edmonton&NYI / Edmonton&Tampa

Clearly the Oilers are in rebuild once again with the David Perron trade and them being in perfect position to land one of McDavid/Eichel. IMO the Oilers only untouchables going forward are Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Taylor Hall, Darnell Nurse and Leon Draisaitl. I think these two trades will help the Oilers future big time

To Edmonton: Griffen Reinhart, Andres Lee

To NYI : Nail Yakupov, Justin Schultz

I think the Oilers would do this deal, because clearly Yakupov isn't fitting in Edmonton and they land a potential top pairing defense men in Reinhart, and a big bodied center in Lee(6'3)who is still relatively young at 24. The Islanders get back Yakupov, who could become deadly playing with JT or Strome and can play Left Wing which the Islanders lack depth at. Yakupov proved in his Rookie year he has offensive upside(17 goals) and could excel in the East.

To Tampa Bay: Jordan Eberle

To Edmoton: Anthony Denagelo, Brett Connolly

Not sure if this is undervaluing Eberle, but I think Connolly could become a great addition for the Oilers. He's fallen behind in the depth chart in Tampa playing behind (Callahan, Johnson, Kucherov, Drouin, Filppula) and with all those guys being relatively young I don't think he'll be given a chance to prove himself. Going to Edmonton he would be given a chance to play in the top 6 and prove himself. Denagelo looks like a stud and is a defensive prospect, which the Oilers desperately need. Tampa is probably the top team in the East, and adding Eberle would make there offense even more dangerous. He's young and proved in the World Juniors he's clutch, which is needed come playoff time.

After these two deals, and lets say the Oilers draft McDavid. They would be deep at center in the future with McDavid/Nugent Hopkins/Leon, one of the best LW in the NHL in Hall and a strong D-Man prospect group with Denagelo/Reinhert/Nurse. Lee and Connolly are both young and could become very good 2nd-3rd line NHL players. With the late 1st round pick from Pittsburg, they could draft another good young defense men( Brandon Carlo/ Nichlos Meloche/ Jakub Zboril) . If all these players reach there potential, they would become deep at Center and Defense which is needed to be a Stanley Cup contender.

Anyways first time creating a proposal/ new thread, some positive feedback would be nice oppose to the negativity that is usually given around here.

Clearly the Oilers are in rebuild once again with the David Perron trade and them being in perfect position to land one of McDavid/Eichel. IMO the Oilers only untouchables going forward are Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Taylor Hall, Darnell Nurse and Leon Draisaitl. I think these two trades will help the Oilers future big time

To Edmonton: Griffen Reinhart, Andres Lee

To NYI : Nail Yakupov, Justin Schultz

I think the Oilers would do this deal, because clearly Yakupov isn't fitting in Edmonton and they land a potential top pairing defense men in Reinhart, and a big bodied center in Lee(6'3)who is still relatively young at 24. The Islanders get back Yakupov, who could become deadly playing with JT or Strome and can play Left Wing which the Islanders lack depth at. Yakupov proved in his Rookie year he has offensive upside(17 goals) and could excel in the East.

To Tampa Bay: Jordan Eberle

To Edmoton: Anthony Denagelo, Brett Connolly

Not sure if this is undervaluing Eberle, but I think Connolly could become a great addition for the Oilers. He's fallen behind in the depth chart in Tampa playing behind (Callahan, Johnson, Kucherov, Drouin, Filppula) and with all those guys being relatively young I don't think he'll be given a chance to prove himself. Going to Edmonton he would be given a chance to play in the top 6 and prove himself. Denagelo looks like a stud and is a defensive prospect, which the Oilers desperately need. Tampa is probably the top team in the East, and adding Eberle would make there offense even more dangerous. He's young and proved in the World Juniors he's clutch, which is needed come playoff time.

After these two deals, and lets say the Oilers draft McDavid. They would be deep at center in the future with McDavid/Nugent Hopkins/Leon, one of the best LW in the NHL in Hall and a strong D-Man prospect group with Denagelo/Reinhert/Nurse. Lee and Connolly are both young and could become very good 2nd-3rd line NHL players. With the late 1st round pick from Pittsburg, they could draft another good young defense men( Brandon Carlo/ Nichlos Meloche/ Jakub Zboril) . If all these players reach there potential, they would become deep at Center and Defense which is needed to be a Stanley Cup contender.

Anyways first time creating a proposal/ new thread, some positive feedback would be nice oppose to the negativity that is usually given around here.

Nail Yakupov's trade value is an all time low. Him and Schultz combined are just about equal to Griffen Reinhart's value. So they will definitely not include Lee. He's been amazing for a 6th round bloomer.

The second trade is fair value. I could see Tampa doing it if they are going all out for the playoffs. But man if that trade does happen...

Palat/Stamkos/Callahan

Eberle/Johnson/Kucherov

Killorn/Flippula/Drouin

Paquette/Boyle/Morrow

It's nice to see some legitimate hockey trades being proposed here recently. While they both seem to be fair value and could possibly happening, I see the second one much more likely.

NYI fans have been somewhat unwelcoming to these "superstar" talent Russian players ever since the horrendous situation with Alexei Yashin. Because of this, I question whether that trade would actually go through.

As for the second trade, besides the cap situation with TBL (which I'm unclear of with capgeek.com being down) I cannot think of an argument to why it wouldn't happen.

Nice job overall dude :)

Target Mtl with a Yak deal. They'd prob like to reunite him & Galchenyuk. They also have D/gt prospect-skill.

Ya if there's one player that could get him on the right track it's his old buddy but he's an arrogant Russian who's known to get stubborn and playing on a deeper roster in a even crazier hockey market then edm might be a recipe for disaster

Archived