The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Dal

To Van:

V. Nichushkin, P. Nemeth

To Dal:

Z. Kassian, E. Lack

Why van does this- Vancouver gets a potential top line Winger. Benning has shown that he isn't scared of the Russian factor and bringing in another Russian would help Trymakin with his development. Vancouver is in a need of a core change and that will happen with time. Kassian just never seemed to fit in our system. We need to be big and fast. Nichushkin brings all of that to the table. This also gives us a potential new first line in years to come of: Virtanen Horvat Nichushkin. Big Line and would look great. We also get a fairly Decent D back. We have Great Goalie depth. Losing Lack would hurt but we would recover.

Why Dallas Does this- Dallas has their talent filled out with their big 3: Seguin, Benn, Spezza. Benn Opens up space for Seguin to be open and get great opportunities which is one of the reasons that Seguin is getting so many points. The problem right now is the softness of the second line for the stars. Erik Cole Spezza Hemsky. Spezza needs a players who can open him up like benn does for seguin. Kassian is slower so would fit with the speed of Cole and Spezza and could spark that line with big hits and protect his line mates. Doing this trade allows for each line of the stars to have a big body that can spark their line mates and protect them. Dallas Basically has no back up Goalie. Lindback has a GAA of 4.29...... Lack has proven he cand be an NHL back up and even have potential to take the number one spot. With Cambell not reaching his potential the stars need to acquire a goaltender like Lack as Lehtonen is also not looking so hot (Maybe because he has no one to take a game over.)

Basically our line up becomes:

Sedin sedin Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Hansen

Matthias Richardson Vey

Dorsett Horvat Burrows

(Till Nichuskin is back)

Edler Tanev

Stanton Bieksa

Sbisa Weber

(Till Hamuis comes back)

Miller

Markstrom

Dallas Becomes:

Benn Seguin Sceviour

Cole Spezza Kassian

Roussel Eakin Hemsky

Moen Fiddler Garbutt

Goligosky Klinberg

Olesiak Daley

Benn demers

Lehtonen

Lack

Our Prospect Line up then Becomes:

Virtanen Horvat Nichuskin

Shinkaruk Mccann Jensen

Fox Gaunce Cassels

Archibald Friesen Grenier

Nemith Corrado

Trymakin Pedan

McNally Frosling

Subban

Demko

Eriksson

I think it's fair. We don't lose size cause Nichushkin is huge. We can call up Markstrom and Lack provides solid depth for Dallas in net.

Don't really know if we need Nemeth. He's barely played and seems like a Stanton comparable.

Not a bad trade all-in-all.

I think it's fair. We don't lose size cause Nichushkin is huge. We can call up Markstrom and Lack provides solid depth for Dallas in net.

Don't really know if we need Nemeth. He's barely played and seems like a Stanton comparable.

Not a bad trade all-in-all.

Meh Nemeth was just added to boost our D prospect pool and my speclation that a D would be added due to the schlemko pick up.

Dallas say no. There are cheaper options to fill a backup goalie position and Kassian is a 3rd liner atm. Nichuskin is a much better option

I would agree with You Ken. Teams generally don't over pay for goalie depth. On top of that I can't see Dallas wanting to trade Nichuskin. That being said though I don't want to trade Kassian.

Yeah I don't think Zack and Eddie can get Valeri back in return, though it should be close. He showed last year that he has offensive upside (34 points in 79 games as a rookie isn't bad) and was going to play on the Stars' 1st before starting cold and then getting injured. The sky is the limit for Valeri though, and our odds of getting him with that package should be almost Nill, UNLESS we steal him away, from one Jim to another.

Also agreed that we don't need Nemeth, and it might be likelier that we may need to deal Burr? He's gritty, can drive play and should still be considered a top-6 guy on most teams, and for that reason maybe they'll take him? If we're going for a youth movement it might make sense, plus Dallas may want a proven guy if they go on a playoff run.

Back up goalie with potential starting abilities and a potential top 6 forward is a fair price.

The offer isn't horrible but Dallas doesn't need Lack and Nichuskin I think will be wearing a Dallas Jersey for a long time. I'm sure they want him as much as both me and you want him.

The offer isn't horrible but Dallas doesn't need Lack and Nichuskin I think will be wearing a Dallas Jersey for a long time. I'm sure they want him as much as both me and you want him.

Fair enough. But they are in need of a back up goalie as Lehtonen has only had what 6 games off this year? and Lindback has a GAA over 4 in those 6 games. Anyways was just an Idea as the Kassian speculation splashed into Stars territory

Would you do it with Erik Cole coming back? He'd certainly help

I'm actually not a Cole fan, however you may be right he could be a good fit in Vancouver. As far as the trade I would still say no. I don't want to see Virtanen or Horvat traded at all. I also don't want to see Kassian traded but so many on here do.

I'm actually not a Cole fan, however you may be right he could be a good fit in Vancouver. As far as the trade I would still say no. I don't want to see Virtanen or Horvat traded at all. I also don't want to see Kassian traded but so many on here do.

Fair enough. You are a respectable poster thank you

Archived