The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Kassian Video - Belief Will Change His World

kassianthebrave

It's a new year, is Kassian a new man? I think he needs to decide, right now, is this the end (trade talk), or the beginning (second line)?

I wouldn't have missed desperate housewives to make this video if I didn't believe in the latter. Whats the sense in assuming anything but?

If only I had someone believe in me, while I was trying to find my role / my niche / my schtick in my senior year... *tear*

Anyways, this is my first ever video. Yes I am an amateur. No I am not quitting my day job. Haters gonna hate. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKJmrOcVSUo

Edit: Thank you for all the positive vibes and great discussion. For those of you wondering, this is from the Kassian self-inspiration fan blog I made with my brother: http://kassianthebrave.wordpress.com/

It's a new year, is Kassian a new man? I think he needs to decide, right now, is this the end (trade talk), or the beginning (second line)?

I wouldn't have missed desperate housewives to make this video if I didn't believe in the latter. Whats the sense in assuming anything but?

If only I had someone believe in me, while I was trying to find my role / my niche / my schtick in my senior year... *tear*

Anyways, this is my first ever video. Yes I am an amateur. No I am not quitting my day job. Haters gonna hate. Enjoy!

dGo3Ekj.gif

Nice video, I quite liked it. I think it certainly demonstrates that when Kassian is on his game, he is a force to be reckoned with. He needs to find some consistency to his game. I certainly wouldn't look to trade him - he's the kind of guy who can end up being a Neely on us if we did. He's a wildcard and hasn't reached his potential yet, and the kind of guy who could help make a playoff run a magical one if the stars align.

Nice video, I quite liked it. I think it certainly demonstrates that when Kassian is on his game, he is a force to be reckoned with. He needs to find some consistency to his game. I certainly wouldn't look to trade him - he's the kind of guy who can end up being a Neely on us if we did. He's a wildcard and hasn't reached his potential yet, and the kind of guy who could help make a playoff run a magical one if the stars align.

Thanks for taking the time to watch it, and sending some nice feedback. Seeing those flashes of true passion is what really haunts me... I don't know if I can handle another Neely situation. Especially to the Bruins. Watching someone play with their heart on their sleeves is a real treat.

You might enjoy this parody poem I wrote too hehe: http://kassianthebrave.wordpress.com/2014/11/06/belief-will-change-my-world/

The video is actually really well done. Nice job.

When it comes to Kassian though, I'm so beyond MEH. I don't really put in any effort worrying about his place on this team. And nowhere else (aside from Toronto) would a 21 year old be put under such scrutiny.

The video is actually really well done. Nice job.

When it comes to Kassian though, I'm so beyond MEH. I don't really put in any effort worrying about his place on this team. And nowhere else (aside from Toronto) would a 21 year old be put under such scrutiny.

Kassian will be 24 this year... Unless you mean when he started?

I think a big reason is because of the Hodgeson trade. We WANT him to be so damn good so we can say "ha ha we showed you" to Cody, and it just hasn't happened yet.

On the other hand, our objective is to get younger, bigger, faster, and cheaper... Isn't he all those things?

I lol'd at the batman quote. Would've preferred the entire clip of Kassians goal against the Penguins but other than that it was pretty good.

Actually... nice eye, that was a mistake, it should have been a longer cut, but if people only knew how long it takes to upload these darn videos to youtube! Thx for watching!

Nice job with video. That takes a lot of time.

I find Kassian immature and Klunky. Not to say he can't change this.

He's a big dude and we need guys like him with good hands, but maybe I'm just bitter because i was one of the fans that saw Cody on this team a long time.

This guy won't win me over with his fights like he will most fans.

I want to see a player that is tough to deal with in front of the net and knows when to take a penalty and throw a big hit.

So far, I haven't seen anything consistent to get excited about. Good luck to Kass.

He's a big dude and we need guys like him with good hands, but maybe I'm just bitter because i was one of the fans that saw Cody on this team a long time.

Ah, honesty! We could use you in the "Kassian uncertainty" thread.

:)

This guy won't win me over with his fights like he will most fans.

I want to see a player that is tough to deal with in front of the net and knows when to take a penalty and throw a big hit.

So far, I haven't seen anything consistent to get excited about. Good luck to Kass.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. (But good video from the OP.) We complain about consistency. But I think "consistency" is really about the mental game. Kass just does not have a good mental game. As others have said -- good tools, poor toolbox.

I hope he can turn things around. He is big, strong, tough, a good skater, a good puck handler, a good passer, and has a good shot. He needs to be able to figure out where to go on the ice and when to go there. Too often he goes for a skate instead of making a quick stop and getting into position.

He is kind of the opposite of the Sedins. They are below average skaters, do not have particularly heavy shots, and are lighter and weaker than the average NHL player. They are great passers and puckhandlers. But their big strength is the mental game. They have been trying to mentor Kassian. Maybe something will take hold. But, as he is turning 24, Kassian need to make progress this year.

good video. i'm not a big fan of Kass, but he clearly has some hands, wheel, physicality to be a regular top 6. too bad he can't put everything together.

I see him as a good trade asset to bring back some talent. i think he could make a package with Higgins attractive?

Archived