The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Kassian Video - Belief Will Change His World

kassianthebrave

I wish he looked that mean, determined, and passionate at the NHL level. He seems to look like hes waiting for something to happen. He needs to create it. His jr highlights showed an entirely different player if you ask me. If WD can release the Krackian I will be impressed. Kass turns 24 soon. He needs to take a leadership role with the team. Be a leader not a follower. That will help him be successful.

I wish he looked that mean, determined, and passionate at the NHL level. He seems to look like hes waiting for something to happen. He needs to create it. His jr highlights showed an entirely different player if you ask me. If WD can release the Krackian I will be impressed. Kass turns 24 soon. He needs to take a leadership role with the team. Be a leader not a follower. That will help him be successful.

This, he looked so much different in jr, he dominates the AHL too.

It seems like his anger and cockiness on the ice disappears when he's at the NHL level. He needs to bring that back if he wants to be a top player.

I think the problem, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Vigneault, Tortorella and so far Dejardins, as coaches seem to intent on not letting Kassian, be well, Kassian.

Gillis and so far Benning seem to be more traditional, reserved GM's.

It could be a team mandate to step in line like a good soldier and do what you're told.

I'm pretty positive that if WD were to say "To hell with it" and let Kassian be Kassian on the T6, this would be a far different discussion.

It's almost as if since the Sedin's have led this team, no one is "allowed" to outshine the Sedins. It's all part of that reserved, methodical, cerebral game and quite frankly I'm a bit tired of it.

I want the Canucks to get back to a team that plays North-South hockey, bangs and crashes and intimidates. I want teams to be afraid of us, to second guess themselves when stepping out onto the ice against us.

Now if the pick of Virtanen over Nylander is any indication, I want to believe that that's the direction Benning wants to go, and is simply playing with what he has.

I think that if we were playing a simplified North-South game, banging, crashing and driving hard to the net, then we'd see a completely different Kassian, but so long as the Sedins are leading the charge, this team is going to play a puck possession style. It's boring hockey.

Thanks for the vid, OP. Kass appears to have backed off his physical game, probably due to the suspensions.

Watching Abdokader play the other night made me think that I'd really like to see Kassian play the same kind of game. Kass doesn't have to score a lot of goals (20 a season would be nice), but man...if he could step up like JA does, he would be very difficult to play against. Abdo is in everyone's face; including the goalie, but has the smarts to not get a lot of pentalies. He really knows how to use his body.

JA is a 3rd line kind of guy, but Det has him clearing the ice for his 1st line mates. He is very effective.

The video is actually really well done. Nice job.

When it comes to Kassian though, I'm so beyond MEH. I don't really put in any effort worrying about his place on this team. And nowhere else (aside from Toronto) would a 21 year old be put under such scrutiny.

Make that 24 year old on the 24th of this month.

YES 24! do you see how long we have been hyping this guy now for no return. We will be seeing the same posts in 4 years time (only hopefully on some other club's forum) and people will still be saying he's 21.

Gillis and so far Benning seem to be more traditional, reserved GM's.

It could be a team mandate to step in line like a good soldier and do what you're told.

I'm pretty positive that if WD were to say "To hell with it" and let Kassian be Kassian on the T6, this would be a far different discussion.

It's almost as if since the Sedin's have led this team, no one is "allowed" to outshine the Sedins. It's all part of that reserved, methodical, cerebral game and quite frankly I'm a bit tired of it.

I want the Canucks to get back to a team that plays North-South hockey, bangs and crashes and intimidates. I want teams to be afraid of us, to second guess themselves when stepping out onto the ice against us.

to play a puck possession style. It's boring hockey.

Interesting perspective. I think the reserved, methodical part might be right. Not sure if its a conspiracy of the coaches but there is a culture. A culture of not show boating and just being reserved. Kassian played his best when he could release his energy and be a beast. If he cant let out that energy and be aggressive then he is a teddy bear. lol. maybe im crazy.

Every single person who posts on CDC says the same damn thing. If one person in the ignorant Canadian NHL media makes one hint towards a player's ineptness than everyone in Canada jumps on the Wagon. Kassian is the NHL's only true successor to someone like Todd Bertuzzi. He is humble, modest, strong, tough, has unreal skill and hands and and an uncanny ability to finish when given the chance. All he needs is a consistent opportunity to play on the top three lines. If the Canucks trade a 23 year old first round draft pick because he is so called "not developing into what he was meant to be" than the hockey community has fully failed. Look at the ages of players filling their roles in other sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, BPL etc.).

Get your sheet together nucks fans. Kassian is a keeper.

Archived