Anatoliy Golyshev - Ivan Fishchenko - Alexander Dergachyov

Rushan Rafikov - Alexander Bryntsev

Vladislav Gavrikov - Nikita Cherepanov

Ivan Provorov - Rinat Valiyev

Ziyat Paygin - Dmitriy Yudin

Igor Shestyorkin

Ilya Sorokin

gocanada.png

I think it will be a goaltender-duel. They are far less potent offensively but their goalie has been great. I never predict scores for championship games so I'll leave that to everyone else, haha.

EDIT:

By the way, Groulx post-game was highly complimentary of the second line (w/Petan) so I think we'll see things start like this:

Domi - Reinhart - Duclair
Petan - McDavid - Lazar
Crouse - Paul - Virtanen
Ritchie - Gauthier - Point

Felt Sweden matched Russia physically, but Russia played a far smarter game and out-worked them. Compared to the other elimination games, this is not going to be a walk for Canada at all. Maybe the easier run means Canada is more rested for this final test? Hopefully. Hopefully Canada's coaching has a decent game plan in place.

Need a much better start than they had against Slovakia. Also need to hit the Russians at every opportunity. I'm looking for Morrisey to annihilate someone early so all of the Russians hear footsteps the rest of the game. Godla's amazing game today will serve as great practice for the Canadians because it could be another game we dominate everywhere but the scoreboard for a while. Just keep calm and keep shooting.

Really don't think Russia has a great team this year and has had a couple games handed to them.

Had to beat DENMARK in a shoot out.

Lost to Sweden.

Lost to the CZECHS 4-1 (Czechs only other win was with Denmark in OT...)

Had 8 PP against Murica and still got out shot 41-25 BARELY hanging on all 3rd period. Muricans were really shafted against the Refs with non-calls for them too.

The only good game I could say Russia had was the one today.

Really don't think Russia has a great team this year and has had a couple games handed to them.

Had to beat DENMARK in a shoot out.

Lost to Sweden.

Lost to the CZECHS 4-1 (Czechs only other win was with Denmark in OT...)

Had 8 PP against Murica and still got out shot 41-25 BARELY hanging on all 3rd period. Muricans were really shafted against the Refs with non-calls for them too.

The only good game I could say Russia had was the one today.

Agreed. If we play the way we have throughout the tourney we'll cruise to gold. We've lost to these guys four years in a row. Time to get some more vengeance!! :towel:

I think it will be a goaltender-duel. They are far less potent offensively but their goalie has been great. I never predict scores for championship games so I'll leave that to everyone else, haha.

EDIT:

By the way, Groulx post-game was highly complimentary of the second line (w/Petan) so I think we'll see things start like this:

Domi - Reinhart - Duclair

Petan - McDavid - Lazar

Crouse - Paul - Virtanen

Ritchie - Gauthier - Point

Close call

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago

With Petan on McDavid-Lazar line and Domi-Reinhart-Duclair intact, other two lines are: Point-Paul-Virtanen and Ritchie-Gauthier-Crouse.

Archived