The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you the Canucks fan be happy with a trade for Milan Lucic

canuckbeliever

Would you as a Canucks fan be happy with Milan Lucic being traded to Vancouver  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Over the last couple of weeks there has been a lot of talk about Milan Lucic's future in Boston. He is a free agent at the end of next season and is having a horrible season this year. Naturally there are questions on whether his body is breaking down and whether Boston should keep him.

Also Boston has been struggling heavily all year and some Boston analysts believe trading him is the type of shakeup the Bruins need.

See the following ARTICLES:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/should-the-boston-bruins-trade-milan-lucic-180753817.html

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/12/28/milan-lucic-future-with-bruins-difficult-call/njy2BijHjli7vyfeO14d0M/story.html

Naturally there will be a lot of speculation linking him to Vancouver seeing he was born here and the Jim Benning connection. There would be a lot of hurdles to clear for him to end up in Vancouver including the biggest question which is whether he would want to come play in Vancouver. I don't think he would but there are some fans on twitter atleast who think he would.

However lets ignore Lucic for a second. Would you the Canucks fan be happy with Lucic signing as a UFA or being traded to Vancouver or no. To say Vancouver has a rocky relationship with him would be an understatement but a lot of it IMO atleast has been his own doing. As a Canucks fan, as much as I may not like him on the Bruins he is the type of player who would be an excellent fit to play in the big bad pacific division and a solid fit. I can look past everything because he is that good of a player when he wants to be.

Everything is good about him except for his garbage attitude and his extreme lack of class. Those two things make it so I wouldn't want him. We don't need that kind of influence in the locker room. Maybe if he matures up one day, but not as of now.

he is already overpaid, he has already used up any 'benefit of the doubt' with the refs, and he's gonna want 7 million as a re-sign.

he takes more penalties that hurt the team, he is a 60 point max guy who hit 30 goals, barely, once.

i would puke. team needs a 6-7m number 1 center more than that piece of trash.

He is a big body, but limited skill. Terrible attitude, cancer off the ice.

Would be another Kessler in the locker room.

So NO, would Not want him as a canuck at all.

Wow, talk about a misconception on Kesler. lol

Anyway, if Lucic agreed with coming here and understanding what could happen, I don't see why he couldn't make an impact on our team. People on CDC are evidently biased (like the quote I quoted lol) and I bet most posts in this thread will be full of people talking with their own feelings getting in the way. ;)

Probably wouldn't bode too well with Miller....As for me it's a big no. Two years ago I would've jumped up and down but with the antics Lucic pulled in last seasons playoffs he's now up there with Ratchand as my most hated player. However if he seriously smartened up and took a massive home town discount I'd strongly consider it.

Numerous conditions that I would take Lucic or even consider Lucic to be traded/signed with us,

His attitude improves especially with his off-ice attitude considering his reputation around the league isn't the greatest and is known for dirty hits, cheapshots, and maybe a diver in come cases?

He would learn a lot from the Sedins with being hard workers, class acts around the league, well respected amongst their colleagues, could teach him to use his skill more. What he also brings is a strong net presence where Kassian could learn to use his body more in plays to protect the puck, make big hits, and play more aggressively as a power forward and Lucic could be an example to teach the GOOD aspects of a PWF. Seeing how he's a local who grew up in Vancouver could see a transformation where he can mature up with having the right teammates to guide him into that role.

Our line up could potentially be,

Sedin Sedin Lucic/Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Lucic/Vrbata

Higgins Horvat Dorsett/Kassian/Matthias

Hansen Richardson Matthias/Kasian/Dorsett

With this type of line up we'll be strong on the winger side, Sedins will be tougher to play against with Lucic in the lineup, The need to get "bigger" and "younger" is being addressed.

No. He's pretty overpaid. It's not my money, but I'd be choked paying $6mil for a 12-goal scorer, and we already have too much cap waste as it is. That and he's already had close to 100 playoff games and two finals trips, so what more is he as a banger going to offer teams down the road?

We'd be better off trying to turn Kassian into Lucic. Just jack him up. Done.

Lucic is in my top 10 most hated humans on this planet. The list that includes him, Keith, doughty, etc...

That being said, anyone that wears the blue and green would immediately have my approval and become one of my favourite 50 players (all under contract to Vancouver)

GETIRRRRDOONNNEEE JB

Would have on my team any day. He is the ultimate teammate, I've got friends that played with him in juniors and they said that they would go to war with him. He is exactly the type of player the canucks need, total beast! Put him with the Sedins and Sedins grow a foot taller and gain 100lbs! Luc scores 50 a year with them.

Would have on my team any day. He is the ultimate teammate, I've got friends that played with him in juniors and they said that they would go to war with him. He is exactly the type of player the canucks need, total beast! Put him with the Sedins and Sedins grow a foot taller and gain 100lbs! Luc scores 50 a year with them.

50 a year sure. Not one of them is a finisher these days. We could put Kassian on the Sedin line and stir the same drink.

I never thought that I could dislike a Canuck, then David Booth showed me that I could.

So no, I wouldn't like to see Lucic as a Canuck. Not unless he signed as a UFA down the line and had a better attitude

Yes to Lucic. Yes to Marchand. Yes to Keith. Yes to any player that can improve this club.

I don't care about what they have done to Canucks players or whatever reason they are hated. It's not a personality contest to me. The name on the back of the jersey means zero to me as a fan.

Archived