The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you the Canucks fan be happy with a trade for Milan Lucic

canuckbeliever

Would you as a Canucks fan be happy with Milan Lucic being traded to Vancouver  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where is the "Depends on the return" option? Just looking at Canucks' wingers says he would be pretty big upgrade over quite a few. If you do not take Lucic for free on your team even at his salary then I don't know what to say. Maybe you do not love the Canucks as much as you claim you do or you just are not a fan of winning. And before people bring up the hurt feelings that could come about if Lucic joins the team. Please, these are professionals. If someone on the team is going to kick up a fuss about being teammates with a guy they don't like, then they are probably a bigger cancer to the team than Lucic will ever be. The right answer is to me is it would depend on the return.

Don't think so. Kassian couldn't even tie Lucic's skates. Lucic captained the WJ's in 2007 to gold, took the giants on his back to the Memorial cup championship and was dominant when the Bruins won the Stanley cup. I think his resume speaks for itself. Stop being a hater cause he destroys the nucks. I'm a diehard canucks fan but I can take off the rose colored glasses once in and make a non-biased comment. Give me one canuck that has done what Lucic has done and he's still only 27, entering his prime.

Lucic never played at the WJs. He captained the Super Series team that played 8 games with Russia. To your point though, yes, he played very well and captained that team.

If he made a list of teams he'd want to play for in order, I'm pretty sure the Canucks are #30. His relationship with the public here and Miller are unfixable.

They said the same thing about Lebron James and Cleveland. Heck the freaking owner of the Cavs wrote a scathing open letter basically calling James a POS.

When your "list of most hated humans on this planet" doesn't include Adolf Hitler, Kim Jong Il/Un, Omar Kadafi and the like, the I dunno what to say. Pretty sure Keith, Doughty and Lucic are not responsible for mass Genocides.

That's only what they want you to believe, and all the witnesses are dead.

Everything is good about him except for his garbage attitude and his extreme lack of class. Those two things make it so I wouldn't want him. We don't need that kind of influence in the locker room. Maybe if he matures up one day, but not as of now.

Add to that the fact he is starting to lose his production, so you will quickly end up with a classless dude with a garbage attitude and no talent.

Don't take an asset on the downside.

Based on your opinion and not much else.

"I just stuck around because I wanted to say what a piece of [feces] I think Lucic is. Fifty pounds on me, and he runs me like that? It's unbelievable. Everyone in this city see him as a big, tough, solid player. I respected him for how hard he plays. That was gutless. Gutless. Piece of [feces]." Quoted from our goalie but I believe he used a word other than "feces" to express his hatred towards Looc. After saying something like that, I think it might be safe to say Miller isn't a Lucic fan? or maybe I'm just over analyzing Miller's quote here.

And I'm sure you've heard about a number of incidents between him/his family and some idiots in this city.

When your "list of most hated humans on this planet" doesn't include Adolf Hitler, Kim Jong Il/Un, Omar Kadafi and the like, the I dunno what to say. Pretty sure Keith, Doughty and Lucic are not responsible for mass Genocides.

Don't forget about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney

Currently, I sincerely hate Milan Lucic. If he became a Canuck tomorrow I'd say...Welcome Home!

I agree he lacks some maturity, but if you look at the history of our franchise, we've had some supreme douchbags whom I have supported while wearing our jersey. If you ever cheered for Lappy, you should accept Lucic if he came. I bet he would be less of a jerk if he were here and that he would get a warm welcome.

I also bet that he won't ever be a Canuck.

I'd take him, I yearn for the days when Lappy, Torres, Kes, and Burr were little balls of chaos getting every teams panties in a knot.

Honestly the best recent example is Max Domi in the WJC. Guy gets tied up with a defender being a pest in the offensive zone, play comes back the other way and he delivers the primary assist on the goal. Guy takes the puck, reverse hits a Finnish player Edler style to create space and draws a penalty from the frustrated player who comes back at him.

IMHO we have too many nice players.

Lucic went on to say in February of last year that he will always call Vancouver home.

i'd be fine with him on our team depending on the parts going back. i just don't see him wanting to play for the canucks. if he were to be traded here, i feel like he'd just put in his time and then leave via free agency.

while, i wouldn't be overjoyed to see him come....if he agreed to come and boston picked up 2 mil of his contract and the pieces needed to get him wasn't crippling to the team...i could watch him without booing....i don't like his attitude...i would guess that benning would know how that would work out....there are probably other players out there that would fit this team better..

i trust benning's judgement.

I guess Lucic could join HNIC.

Hey guys do any of you wanna watch Milan Lucic and Pj Stock cover the Canucks together during and after a game? :towel: In seriousness it depends. If Lucic cleaned some of the crap out of his game put hostilities with Canucks players behind him and and played well then I think most of us would be happy. If it was the other way around and he continued to play like he has this season and kept on with his antics and caused locker room problems with Canuck players like Miller or guys left over from 2011 then it could become Mark Messier 2.0.

Absolutely not!

He hasn't demonstrated any class as a player and I think the team chemistry would suffer severely,

negating any possible benefit he might otherwise have to offer.

Hell, you might as well bring back Messier and Torts for that matter.

Lucic is in my top 10 most hated humans on this planet. The list that includes him, Keith, doughty, etc...

That being said, anyone that wears the blue and green would immediately have my approval and become one of my favourite 50 players (all under contract to Vancouver)

GETIRRRRDOONNNEEE JB

Hahahahaha

So basically you hate winners... Keith, Doughty and Lucic have won 5 Stanley Cups between them over the last 5 years and played an integral part in those championship winning teams. Whether you want to admit it or not it takes "assholes" to win. I would gladly take Lucic on my team when it comes to playoff time.

Hockey is important to me. None of the guys you listed have affected me.

On the other hand, those guys I've listed have cheap shotted players on the team I'd die for.

Archived