The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Netflix cracking down on country restriction bypassing

Xbox

I switched back to Canadian netflix a while ago because fiddling with the dns all the time to use gamecentre was annoying. American netflix definitely has way better selection but I think I'm actually enjoying the Canadian one more. I've watched quite a few shows I never would have given a second glance on American netflix and really liked them.

Was looking last night. Didn't notice a huge difference in newer movies, etc.

The biggest difference is in TV. Like for comedy series, US Netflix has the whole back catalogue of Frasier, Cheers, 30 Rock, The Office, and more.

Yeah, the tv shows is the main difference. Decided to give 30 Rock another chance because of it, and am surprisingly enjoying it. I also get my Comedy Bang! Bang! fix, as well as Bob's Burgers, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Cheers, The IT Crowd, etc.

I switched back to Canadian netflix a while ago because fiddling with the dns all the time to use gamecentre was annoying. American netflix definitely has way better selection but I think I'm actually enjoying the Canadian one more. I've watched quite a few shows I never would have given a second glance on American netflix and really liked them.

Canadian Netflix has done a great job with newer movies, so we keep one room hooked up to Canadian Netflix (our media room) and our bedroom for US Netflix (tv shows).

Ewww. No TV in the bedroom...bad mojo.

For the first 10 year of our marriage, we never had tv in our bedroom. However, last year we received Apple TV, so we decided to try it out. We were already falling asleep watching in our media room, so this was actually a huge improvement.

We might watch one episode of Star Trek or an episode or two of something short. It's actually on prior to us settling into bed, while we get ready. We end up staying up a little longer after the episode is over to talk or to "talk".

For the first 10 year of our marriage, we never had tv in our bedroom. However, last year we received Apple TV, so we decided to try it out. We were already falling asleep watching in our media room, so this was actually a huge improvement.

We might watch one episode of Star Trek or an episode or two of something short. It's actually on prior to us settling into bed, while we get ready. We end up staying up a little longer after the episode is over to talk or to "talk".

Watch this in you bedroom tonight:

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/lights-out

Watch this in you bedroom tonight:

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/lights-out

Read the short article. Interesting.

Started watching the piece, but within 2 seconds I saw David Suzuki and immediately turned it off. Can't get into it, but I have a legitimate, personal beef with the guy. What I can say is that we had a run in several years ago.

Read the short article. Interesting.

Started watching the piece, but within 2 seconds I saw David Suzuki and immediately turned it off. Can't get into it, but I have a legitimate, personal beef with the guy. What I can say is that we had a run in several years ago.

I like you Monty but I'm going to have to go with the Zuk here. You were wrong, he was right :P

FYI he's in the show for like 10 seconds if I recall :lol:

I like you Monty but I'm going to have to go with the Zuk here. You were wrong, he was right :P

FYI he's in the show for like 10 seconds if I recall :lol:

Can't support the guy, just due to a personal run in back in the late 90s and how he spoke to my mother at a charitable function. What else I can say is that we didn't approach him or initiate any conversation. Perhaps he was just having an off day, and like all of us, have moments we would like do-overs on. But, it happened and it wasn't corrected at the time.

He's done a lot of good, so I don't have anything against what he does. But personally, just can't support him.

Can't support the guy, just due to a personal run in back in the late 90s and how he spoke to my mother at a charitable function. What else I can say is that we didn't approach him or initiate any conversation. Perhaps he was just having an off day, and like all of us, have moments we would like do-overs on. But, it happened and it wasn't corrected at the time.

He's done a lot of good, so I don't have anything against what he does. But personally, just can't support him.

You should just apologize to him and get over it.

Yup. He's pretty well known for being an arrogant bastard.

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1th4k4/scientist_david_suzuki_makes_an_analogy_about_our/

Hey everyone we have cdn netflicks they have a lot of movies I like watching but lack the tv documentries/ crime tv (criminal minds) and reality tv (animal planet shows) the american netflicks has.. so we are considering also getting shomi for the tv shows.

Is it worth the extra $9 bucks? Would we really have to have shaw internet /tv to get it? We currently use telus but will be moving to a new place in march so we could switch.

I have a lot of friends who claim telus is a better value.

so i finally figured out why netflix movies looked so weird on my new LG smart tv...after calibrating my tv and getting the picture quality to what i like for shaw programs, when i would switch to the netflix app, the movies looked awful( they had that soap opera effect.. even though i have turned off the tru motion feature when calibrating, which is what causes the soap opera effect)...i didnt realize that the netflix app also needed to be calibrated otherwise it would use the tv's default settings....it took me awhile cause when the app was on, if i pressed tv settings on the remote nothing happened...finally when i pressed the my apps button on the remote, it brings up the tv setting mode where i can calibrate it for the netflix app.

just thought i would mention it for anyone else who may not beware...im a netflix noob.

Hey everyone we have cdn netflicks they have a lot of movies I like watching but lack the tv documentries/ crime tv (criminal minds) and reality tv (animal planet shows) the american netflicks has.. so we are considering also getting shomi for the tv shows.

Is it worth the extra $9 bucks? Would we really have to have shaw internet /tv to get it? We currently use telus but will be moving to a new place in march so we could switch.

I have a lot of friends who claim telus is a better value.

Why not just use the US Netflix too?

Currently my TV has the US version and my PS3 with the CDN version.

Archived