The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bertuzzi looking for PTO

Mackcanuck

I remember being so mad that we didn't sign him. He had a great training camp but for some reason Gillis signed Peter Schaefer instead. If I remember correctly Morrison ended up signing with the Flames and had a pretty decent season.

You're right that he had a good season with Calgary, although it ended with an injury and I don't think he was the same after. Either way, looks like we could have used him in the playoffs that year.

Similarly, it might not look like we need Bert now, but you never know if later on we do (as doubtful as it may seem :lol: )

Canucks signs Bert to a one year 900k contract.

Linden gives Morrison and call and convince him to come out of retirement to play for the remainder of the season with the Canucks. He's also signed for 900k.

Naslund sees this back in Sweden, he gives Linden a call and say "You're buying the plane ticket." He signs with the Canucks for 1 year at 1 million.

WCE line is reunited. GMJB trades Hansen, Top6tito, and Higgins for picks.

The lines are now:

Sedins Burr

Vrbata Bonino Vey

WCE

Dorsett BoHo Kassian

Canucks make the playoffs. Beats Ducks, then LA, then Chicago... They're now in the SCF against Tampa. Stamkos lead Tampa to a commanding 3-0 series. But then Canucks come back to win the next three games to force to game 7.

Game 7 goes to double OT and the following play happens: (by the words of Jim Hugson) "Canucks turns it over, STAMKOS IS ON A BREAKAWAY, SHOOTS... GREAT SAVE MILLER... Bieksa recollects the puck, spring it to Bertuzzi... BERTUZZI TO NASLUND SCORESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

Canucks win their first ever Stanley Cup and ends both Canada's and their drought.

Linden gives Morrison and call and convince him to come out of retirement to play for the remainder of the season with the Canucks. He's also signed for 900k.

Naslund sees this back in Sweden, he gives Linden a call and say "You're buying the plane ticket." He signs with the Canucks for 1 year at 1 million.

The lines are now:

Sedins Burr

Vrbata Bonino Vey

WCE

Dorsett BoHo Kassian

Canucks make the playoffs. Beats Ducks, then LA, then Chicago... They're now in the SCF against Tampa. Stamkos lead Tampa to a commanding 3-0 series. But then Canucks come back to win the next three games to force to game 7.

Game 7 goes to double OT and the following play happens: (by the words of Jim Hugson) "Canucks turns it over, STAMKOS IS ON A BREAKAWAY, SHOOTS... GREAT SAVE MILLER... Bieksa recollects the puck, spring it to Bertuzzi... BERTUZZI TO NASLUND SCORESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

Canucks win their first ever Stanley Cup and ends both Canada's and their drought.

This!

The lines are now:

Sedins Burr

Vrbata Bonino Vey

WCE

Dorsett BoHo Kassian

And all bertuzzi wanted was a PTO.

I never had an issue with Bert. Would love to have him back but I know that probably wont happen. It really turned me off when a lot of canucks fans turned on him. Blaming him solely for that injury was completely unfair after he put so much into the organization. Just wish he never told MIN that we were gonna win the series lol. He cost us that series :D good memories though. Hope he gets a shot.

Bieksa's definitely is the one who turns it over.

we offered sundin 10 million a year to be kesler's mentor, why not offer bert league min to play on the 4th line and tell kass how it should be done. i've had a 85 year old guy take my chain saw away from me and told me I didn't have a clue and show me how it's supposed to be done. It was respect that let him do that and I did learn a few old school tips so it was helpful

The lines are now:

Sedins Burr

Vrbata Bonino Vey

WCE

Dorsett BoHo Kassian

I cried a little, this is a beautiful story.

Archived