The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mock Draft 1.0 - 2015

chickenman92

Where do you think that Russian D man will go? I can't recall his name at the moment, but he was their captain and seemed like a solid shut down type player. I know he's a little older and has already been passed up twice, but he looked pretty impressive at the WJC.

Maybe 2nd round? Or even 3rd?

Could be a good pickup as he could be ready sooner than most in this draft.

I think you are referring to Vladislav Gavrikov #6 Captain of the U20 Russian WJC team.

I was really impressed with him as well and he won U20 WJC Best Defenseman and Top 3 Player on his team.

He's listed at 6'2" and 205 pounds.

Born Nov 21/95, he is 2015 eligible.

Although passed up in 2014, he was drafted to the KHL and says he is determined to make it to the NHL.

Did some reading on Konecny. Could be a very good pick. I think he could slip to around 20th due to size though. Maybe we might be able to get a later pick from a trade to snag him.

I am expecting to pick around tenth. I know I don't want any player from the Q, just to many busts over the years for me to stomach another. And I don't believe in drafting Dmen or goalies in the first round. Unless the Dman is an amazing offensive talent, I think one should always swing for the fences and go for the best Center you can get. Centers can always be moved to the wing if they don't develop the defensive responsibilities needed for the position.

I am still not sure who will be a possible franchise centerman who could be there at tenth, but will see as the season progresses. Where we may end up drafting for certain, and how the season goes for all the prospects.

Archived