The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Islanders @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Refs almost ruined a good game

almost. Just because they (the refs) didn't win this time its still atrocious reffing. Next time we won't be so lucky.

So the only 2 penalties the Islanders got were too many men on the ice? Calls that are automatic. You're telling me all you ref apologists that they couldn't have called ANY actual on-ice infractions on the Islanders? Two high sticks to the face, at least three trips including on a Sedin and on Burrows right at the end of the game. Yet we are called for two tripping penalties, and a hold?

OK, we won. But why do we always have to win DESPITE the refs. I want to win...but am ok if we lose....as long as the game is reffed fairly.

Good to see Bonino & Vey got goals. They are bound to break out of their slump as they are still young and looking uphill unlike Bieksa who once again almost singlehandedly caused another loss thanks to give aways and sloppy play. Thank god Willie saw what we all saw and benched him for the last moments of the game or we have surely lost as Bieksa was out of gas and looking weak for the last 45 minutes of the game. Way to go Willie and the rest of the boys. Good work!

almost. Just because they (the refs) didn't win this time its still atrocious reffing. Next time we won't be so lucky.

So the only 2 penalties the Islanders got were too many men on the ice? Calls that are automatic. You're telling me all you ref apologists that they couldn't have called ANY actual on-ice infractions on the Islanders? Two high sticks to the face, at least three trips including on a Sedin and on Burrows right at the end of the game. Yet we are called for two tripping penalties, and a hold?

OK, we won. But why do we always have to win DESPITE the refs. I want to win...but am ok if we lose....as long as the game is reffed fairly.

I agree, it was pretty atrocious tonight. It's hard enough winning hockey games in this league without having to fight our way through a terribly officated game.

That said, good win. I love those deuces.

Good to see Bonino & Vey got goals. They are bound to break out of their slump as they are still young and looking uphill unlike Bieksa who once again almost singlehandedly caused another loss thanks to give aways and sloppy play. Thank god Willie saw what we all saw and benched him for the last moments of the game or we have surely lost as Bieksa was out of gas and looking weak for the last 45 minutes of the game. Way to go Willie and the rest of the boys. Good work!

Nice... Although I would have to say Bieksa looked tired, weak and aged the last 1.5 years of his career

Other than Bieksa, Sedins were also unbearable to watch. They were strolling instead of skating, and trying to thread a needle amongst themselves all the time -- instead of making simple passes to get a shot on net. They always send the puck behind the net instead of the front even if their teammates are open, only to either lose the puck or to fall down more often than Mason Raymond.

A team's first line needs to be able to produce 5 on 5... Sadly the wonder twins cannot do it consistently anymore and time is running out fast... :(

As much as I want to celebrate a win tonight, I can't help but ponder as the games will only get tougher going forward.

Normal game with decent pace.

Bonino looked really good and got a goal.

Vey showed excellent vision and IQ and got a breakaway goal

Lack played well, defence was alright

Kassian played well, made some nice passes, played physical

Richardson got injured, didn't return

Thank you very much.

Thinks...

takes a swill...

WOOOOOT! :towel:

Archived