The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Islanders @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Other than Bieksa, Sedins were also unbearable to watch. They were strolling instead of skating, and trying to thread a needle amongst themselves all the time -- instead of making simple passes to get a shot on net. They always send the puck behind the net instead of the front even if their teammates are open, only to either lose the puck or to fall down more often than Mason Raymond.

A team's first line needs to be able to produce 5 on 5... Sadly the wonder twins cannot do it consistently anymore and time is running out fast... :(

Totally agree. If they were called Kassian and Vey instead of Sedin and Sedin, they would be benched for Thursdays game.

Other than Bieksa, Sedins were also unbearable to watch. They were strolling instead of skating, and trying to thread a needle amongst themselves all the time -- instead of making simple passes to get a shot on net. They always send the puck behind the net instead of the front even if their teammates are open, only to either lose the puck or to fall down more often than Mason Raymond.

A team's first line needs to be able to produce 5 on 5... Sadly the wonder twins cannot do it consistently anymore and time is running out fast... :(

I'll let you know something... Time ran out years ago.

Not sure why people here hate Bieksa so much. He played a high number of tough minutes again and is one of the only guys back there we have who can make a play with the puck. This defense without him right now would be perforated.

That's the problem with his giveaways... He makes the wrong play, or rather a more difficult play when he should be making the simpler play. The 2 goals, Matt Martin (4th liner), Grabovski (2/3 liner)... wouldn't call those tough minutes

All you Bieksa haters need to go.

Go cheer for your real team - the Oilers - because only a loser would blame Bieksa for those goals.

Hey man I love juice but he made 2 poor Decisions tonight and both led to goals against.

He needs to keep focus. When he's focused he can be the most influential dman on our team.

That being said... He was on the ice for 3 goals, finished +1 and with an assist. He's that good that can make up for mistakes. Guys like Keith, doughty, Subban, karlson all have giveaways that lead to goals. Bieksa is having too many right now. Otherwise his game has been very solid. I expect him to be better as the season goes on. He's a great dman.

nyi.png2 - 3 van.png

GOAL SCORERS:

1st Period:

NYI 09:38 - Matt Martin (5)
VAN 12:09 - Ryan Stanton (1)

2nd Period:

VAN 08:01 - Nick Bonino (9)
VAN 17:36 - Linden Vey (7)

3rd Period:

NYI 14:33 - Mikhail Grabovski (6)

GOALIES:

NYI: J. Halak (L) VAN: E. Lack (W)

Ryan Stanton's 1-1 Goal:

Nick Bonino's 2-1 Goal:

Linden Vey's 3-1 Goal:

Thanks for doing the solid PGT thread again as usual VC

Not sure why people here hate Bieksa so much. He played a high number of tough minutes again and is one of the only guys back there we have who can make a play with the puck. This defense without him right now would be perforated.

At the end of the game, Bieksa twice looked wobbly transitioning from backwards to forwards skating. Once in the neutral zone, and once at the hash marks as he turned to chase a puck to Lack's left.

Did anyone else notice that? Was he doing it before?

Tired? Fighting an injury? Too many Robaxacet?

The play he made with the puck led directly to the second goal. Didn't check his man on the first goal. Cannot deny that both goals were directly his fault.

Weber took a beating tonight. Bieksa won't ever be sat until forced out, but maybe it's time for a maintenance day for Weber. Which means... lace 'em up, Bobby.

He was plus 1 for the game and he setup the Canucks 2nd goal.

Isles second goal was caused by the Canucks inability to get the puck out of their zone and the pathetic power play they just had - Canucks were sitting on the lead - all of them - not just 1 player.

Yeah, Bieksa was the last Canucks to touch it - so what - what about the other 4 guys? And why didn't Lack make a timely save as the Miller haters say every game that Miller plays....

Getting sick and tired of these Oiler wanabe bandwagon trolling fans here.

That's the problem with his giveaways... He makes the wrong play, or rather a more difficult play when he should be making the simpler play. The 2 goals, Matt Martin (4th liner), Grabovski (2/3 liner)... wouldn't call those tough minutes

Here's why Bieksa is needed at the moment:

2nd pairing: Sbisa/Stanton-Weber

And Weber might be out.

Heading to the road.

Perforation.

What's my post count got to do with an honest opinion on Bieksa's play tonight? Just about every post I read recaps Bieksa's blunders not to mention the PGTs of other games...

You're a noob that is jumping on the Bieksa haterz train.

This is the Canucks - go ahead and be critical when they make mistakes - but don't be a hater making snide remarks.

How are the Islanders one of the top teams in the league? They didn't look very dominating. Tavares didn't get a shot on goal. They lost to the Oilers and then to us. Are they overrated or just unmotivated?

Sitting Kassian and Vey seemed to have motivated them. Both played with a purpose. Nice to see Bonino break his slump. It's always a good win when the Sedins don't hit the scoresheet.

At the end of the game, twice looked wobbly transitioning from backwards to forwards skating. Once in the neutral zone, and once at the hash marks as he turned to chase a puck to Lack's left.

Did anyone else notice that? Was he doing it before?

Tired? Fighting an injury? Too many Robaxacet?

Twice looked wobbly.... Aha!!! That's Bieksa's issue!!!! He's a drunken sot!!!

The play he made with the puck led directly to the second goal. Didn't check his man on the first goal. Cannot deny that both goals were directly his fault.

Weber took a beating tonight. Bieksa won't ever be sat until forced out, but maybe it's time for a maintenance day for Weber. Which means... lace 'em up, Bobby.

He was on the ice for 2 goals against and one the ice for the 3 goals we scored.

I'll take that. If every player is on the ice for more goals for than against... Then we win the game.

Still. He has to be better. But that game wasn't horrible for him... He's plus 1

Totally agree. If they were called Kassian and Vey instead of Sedin and Sedin, they would be benched for Thursdays game.

Well Sedins are usually the first ones to admit when they had a bad game, and I always respect and admire their class act. But it's all about what you bring on the ice, so... I do feel sometimes they get a free pass although they certainly have earned a few.

I'll let you know something... Time ran out years ago.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant time to rebuild our first line with our prospects in Utica and/or draft picks. It will take at least another 3-4 years for Horvat, Jensen, Shinkaruk, Virtanen and McCann to step in and make any kind of impact on this team.

How will the Sedins be playing on the first line until then...? I'm afraid to find out.

He was on the ice for 2 goals against and one the ice for the 3 goals we scored.

I'll take that. If every player is on the ice for more goals for than against... Then we win the game.

Still. He has to be better. But that game wasn't horrible for him... He's plus 1

Well said and I agree.

Good win but we still need the sedins to produce on a regular basis. Getting tired of watching them hold onto the puck until they have no space and get shot easily blocked or fall down.

Its sad watching them decline before our eyes. Henrik can still play at a pretty high level, but Daniel just cannot hold onto the puck anymore and his shot is simply gone. And that affects both their play. They seem to fall back on the over-cycle, and their shots are telegraphed. I'd like to see WD play them even less minutes. Forget the PK totally. If there is any hope at all they will have anything left if we make the playoffs.

I agree, it was pretty atrocious tonight. It's hard enough winning hockey games in this league without having to fight our way through a terribly officated game.

That said, good win. I love those deuces.

Canucks,.... revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.

Archived