The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Charlie Hebdo: Gun attack on French magazine kills 12

-SN-

Sadly low hanging fruit is all most people have to reach for.

I'd prefer it if they just fell off the tree and rotted actually.

Do you support an eye for an eye?

I'm not sure if my response above answers your question or not.

Yup. That's why I don't see these journalists as martyrs or heroes of any sort, despite their deaths being a crime

It's like a bad reality show...

"When personal beliefs become public!"

Everybody just needs to shut the @#$% up and grow up. Freaking humanity :mad:

Also I want to make one thing clear...

I don't support the killing of these people or any satirist. I was merely asking a poorly worded question if what they did was worth the trouble (death)?

Read any of my previous posts in Islam based threads and you can see the overwhelming support for the religion and people, but not for the terrorists.

These aren't the first people to die for freedom of speech. Millions of people have died so that you have the right to type misinformed comments on this internet forum.

Why do people draw cartoons to insult other people's religions with nothing to gain for themselves? Mass murder is obviously a deplorable action but why insult the sacred? Why not debate with constructive criticisms which a lot of people respectfully engage in? You can love your own religion without putting down other people's. I'm not even religious, but I respect people's right to believe.

Freedom and power come with responsibilities.

No belief system should be sacred, especially ones backed by no evidence. Thanks to democracy, that's the case. As for what the cartoonists gain? A wage off of which they lived their lives and fed their families perhaps? How do these comics in any way shape or form infringe upon Muslim's right to believe what they want?

If you think that any religion should have special privilege, and be free from criticism, then that is a scary thing.

No belief system should be sacred, especially ones backed by no evidence. Thanks to democracy, that's the case. As for what the cartoonists gain? A wage off of which they lived their lives and fed their families perhaps? How do these comics in any way shape or form infringe upon Muslim's right to believe what they want?

If you think that any religion should have special privilege, and be free from criticism, then that is a scary thing.

IMO satire has a time and place..

Why is it that Islam is the only religion being targeted by these cartoons?

I can understand why some people would be offended by some of these cartoons some are borderline racist and bigoted..

Again why is their cartoons of brown people and not black people or asian people? Do they get a free pass?

Double standards in the western world is what is making it crumble.

I personally agree with you, but devoted followers of major religions including Islam, Judaism, and Christianity do not. And there are billions of them, unfortunately.

It's not 'infringe'. It's 'insult'.

Agree. Again, just shows insecurity and weak mindedness of these people. If your faith in something you claim to hold as sacred is so weak that you'd do anything like this, it's clearly bs.

I can understand why some people would be offended by some of these cartoons some are borderline racist and bigoted..

Again why is their cartoons of brown people and not black people or asian people? Do they get a free pass?

Just cause you aren't seeing them doesn't mean they don't exist. We just don't get our panties in a knot over them so it's non news.

Those cartoons do exist. The fact that there may be a higher percentage of satirical pieces directed at Islam right now probably speaks to its relevance in current events.

They seem to have quite a few of the pope and a bunch of other groups, so it's not like they were exclusively making cartoons about a bunch of crazy Muslims.

Archived