The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yannick Weber Appreciation Thread

Dazzle

I'm sorry. I meant he would be the shortest defenseman in the league, and the last d-man his height was MA Bergeron.

Subban... is built like any 5'9 needs to be in order to survive in the NHL. I just don't know if that's enough for a defenseman.

Torey Krug and Jared Spurgeon are both 5'9, and they do alright. Both are 'plus' players, so not complete liabilities. And they'd be #1 and #3 in D-men scoring on the Nucks.

Francis Bouillon was a pretty decent D-man, and he was closer to 5'8.

Had a pretty brutal Game 1. Didn't generate anything on 3 powerplays and pretty much cost us the game. We hadn't made a mistake defensively until his giveaway, and all it took was one mistake for Calgary to capitalize.

I wonder how short his leash is now. Stanton has been fantastic for us this season, almost leading our defence in +/- despite a shocking Corsi rating. I'm sure Weber will stay in because he adds the element that no one else on our defence brings - a good shot from the point, which is ever so important in the playoffs when forwards are getting checked to death and finding it harder and harder to score.

Archived