The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sole reason why the Canucks won't win the Cup

TheRussianRocket.

Anyone who speaks in definitive terms in this game clearly doesn't get it. No crystal ball can reveal who will: stay healthy; unravel under pressure; hit a hot streak or, slump; get suspended for any number of games; end up with a goaltender who steals the show.

Could be any team. Sure, the odds weigh in favour of some and the scales are tipped against some others, but "won't"? No.

Love to watch people scrambling to identify specific reasons. So many things factor in to a cup winning/losing deal. It just isn't that simple, folks and you can't dumb it down as such.

The fact that you feel things can be reduced to a "sole" reason for winning/losing really doesn't respect the game for how intricate it is.

So the Sedins were used as human punching bags and that helped them do what? Only 4 goals were scored in the last 5 games of that series so the other lines did sqwat too. So not sure how you see that as an excuse. The bottom line was there was no offense and the leaders did nothing to rally the troops to pull out a win. Leadership/ mental toughness and scoring was needed and I fully blame the mighty twins for not hanging on for 2 more wins out of the last 5 games for the SC.

Let me talk in point form for you to make it easier:

- The Sedins were being focused on by the other team

- This meant they had a lot less room to score

- This means they are more likely to score less goals

- This opened up scoring for the other lines

- This means the Sedins still played their role well by distracting the other team

It's not about how it helped the Sedins themselves, it's about how it helped the TEAM. The only reason why you think this is an excuse is because it doesn't support your argument, It's far from an excuse. lol

Anyone who speaks in definitive terms in this game clearly doesn't get it. No crystal ball can reveal who will: stay healthy; unravel under pressure; hit a hot streak or, slump; get suspended for any number of games; end up with a goaltender who steals the show.

Could be any team. Sure, the odds weigh in favour of some and the scales are tipped against some others, but "won't"? No.

Love to watch people scrambling to identify specific reasons. So many things factor in to a cup winning/losing deal. It just isn't that simple, folks and you can't dumb it down as such.

The fact that you feel things can be reduced to a "sole" reason for winning/losing really doesn't respect the game for how intricate it is.

This is what I keep trying to say to the people who think the future is absolute. I'm guessing these people like to think they're an expert on the subject by making bold statements like a politician.

The fact that people think that "feeling" something is fact is rather humourous.in my opinion.

Let me talk in point form for you to make it easier:

- The Sedins were being focused on by the other team

- This meant they had a lot less room to score

- This means they are more likely to score less goals

- This opened up scoring for the other lines

- This means the Sedins still played their role well by distracting the other team

It's not about how it helped the Sedins themselves, it's about how it helped the TEAM. The only reason why you think this is an excuse is because it doesn't support your argument, It's far from an excuse. lol

Not working for me Pal. The Sedin's are payed a lot of money to score goals/points not to "distract" the other team. We have Burrows and the like for that. I waited in the SC finals for them to come through when they were needed the most to produce points and it did not happen. I also rely on Henrik as the Captain to help his team when they need leadership. Not seeing it. So you can try to break it down as much as you want but it still won't change the fact that they on occasion "Choke" and should take full responsibility for it and not stand there and let the opposition literally take shots at your face and not even try to fight back.

Not working for me Pal. The Sedin's are payed a lot of money to score goals/points not to "distract" the other team. We have Burrows and the like for that. I waited in the SC finals for them to come through when they were needed the most to produce points and it did not happen. I also rely on Henrik as the Captain to help his team when they need leadership. Not seeing it. So you can try to break it down as much as you want but it still won't change the fact that they on occasion "Choke" and should take full responsibility for it and not stand there and let the opposition literally take shots at your face and not even try to fight back.

So let me get this straight.

You think that the Sedin's only purpose is to score goals. If they're not scoring they're not contributing. If they get focused on by the opposition, they should be able to fight it. There's no such thing as throwing your top defensive checking pair (including Chara) at the opposing team's top line to give them hell, while sacrificing space to the other lines.

Okay then. What do you actually have to say against what I told you rather than just dismissing it. Last I checked the term "Not working for me pal" pretty much translated to "I don't know what to say against your argument so I'll just ignore it".

AMEN.

So let me get this straight.

You think that the Sedin's only purpose is to score goals. If they're not scoring they're not contributing. If they get focused on by the opposition, they should be able to fight it. There's no such thing as throwing your top defensive checking pair (including Chara) at the opposing team's top line to give them hell, while sacrificing space to the other lines.

Okay then. What do you actually have to say against what I told you rather than just dismissing it. Last I checked the term "Not working for me pal" pretty much translated to "I don't know what to say against your argument so I'll just ignore it".

OK lets think about it then. So, the Sedins are NOT supposed to score or contribute offensively and they are to "interfere" with the opposition so the "Checkers" and other less offensive minded players can score goals? How does that make sense in any way?

The Twins play a good "Cycle" game in the regular season and this could lead to the opposing team being "interfered" with but they usually cannot do so because of the tighter checking in the playoffs.

Everyone on the team have roles to play and the Twins being on the Top line and getting paid the most money are expected to provide Offense. So don't know what else to tell you, if I could see your logic I would comment more.

"Sole reason why the Canucks won't win the Cup"

Because our "fans" don't deserve it.

??

Oh really?

I've been faithfully following this team forever. I go to games, even when I can't afford it and have to starve myself for 3 days afterward (so worth it). I'm there, thick/thin, better/worse.

I certainly do deserve to see us win the cup. But maybe you're speaking from a personal point of view, not sure?

??

Oh really?

I've been faithfully following this team forever. I go to games, even when I can't afford it and have to starve myself for 3 days afterward (so worth it). I'm there, thick/thin, better/worse.

I certainly do deserve to see us win the cup. But maybe you're speaking from a personal point of view, not sure?

"Fans" in quotation marks. The fans deserve it. The "fans" don't.

OK lets think about it then. So, the Sedins are NOT supposed to score or contribute offensively and they are to "interfere" with the opposition so the "Checkers" and other less offensive minded players can score goals? How does that make sense in any way?

The Twins play a good "Cycle" game in the regular season and this could lead to the opposing team being "interfered" with but they usually cannot do so because of the tighter checking in the playoffs.

Everyone on the team have roles to play and the Twins being on the Top line and getting paid the most money are expected to provide Offense. So don't know what else to tell you, if I could see your logic I would comment more.

The Sedins are supposed to score. Their ability to score and be the top offensive line means the opposition focuses on them more than the other lines. The other team's top defensive line is likely going to play against the Sedins. This results in less goals for the Sedins. If the Sedins weren't supposed to be scoring goals, then this would not be the case and the other lines would be going against the opposing team's top checking line.

If that ends up being the case, then the opposing team is not focused on the Sedins and the Sedins would score more goals as a result.

If you are the opposing team which line would you put your best checkers against? The ones that are likely to score on you or the other lines?

So the Sedins were used as human punching bags and that helped them do what? Only 4 goals were scored in the last 5 games of that series so the other lines did sqwat too. So not sure how you see that as an excuse. The bottom line was there was no offense and the leaders did nothing to rally the troops to pull out a win. Leadership/ mental toughness and scoring was needed and I fully blame the mighty twins for not hanging on for 2 more wins out of the last 5 games for the SC.

Lou carries no blame? With the number of injuries Lou was the teams only real hope of winning that series. He played like Vezina goalie three games and did his best Cloutier playoff impersonation for four games. Even at that I don't actually blame Lou, I blame the vast number of injuries.

Samuelsson - out

Raymond - out

Hamhuis - out

Rome - suspended

Henrik - back/groin

Kesler - hip/groin

Higgins - broken foot

Malhotra - eye

Ehrhoff - shoulder

Bieksa - knee

Edler - broken fingers

I'd love to see any team overcome that many injuries to key players.

But let's take a look at the losses:

#7 Boston 4-0

#6 Boston 5-2

#4 Boston 4-0

#3 Boston 8-1

So the Sedins are at fault because they failed to combine for 5 or more goals twice in those four games? Pretty unrealistic even had Henrik been 100%. Btw, Thomas only allowed 5 or more goals against once in 18 games through the first three rounds.

Archived