The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is going to be our first line for 15/16?

Drakrami

Linden Vey has more NHL points this year than Kassian, Horvat, and Jensen combined

Kassian has missed 16 games, Jensen has only played in 5 games and Horvat is a 4th line defensive rookie.

Vey was on the Powerplay from the beginning of the season.

If we can make the sedons play with Zack Kassan than we can have a good top line. I think he will be a future 50 goal guy with the sedons twins making him a new burrow kind of player. We can also use more confidence in Kassan now that Sestito is gone, because Sestito was not a good hockey player just throw punches

Okay...I'm gonna try to decipher what is written here^^^^.

"...make the sedons play with Zack Kassan..." - okay, I get that part. Buddy wants to see Kass play with the Sedins.

"...he will be a future 50 goal guy..." - okay, I get this part too. Buddy thinks if Kass plays with the Sedins, Kass could be a 50 goal scorer. A long shot, but possible.

"...making him a burrow kind of player." - Buddy is saying that if Kass plays with the "Sedons", Kass will somehow become a player like "burrow". I guess anything is possible.

Anyhow, back to OP's question...IMO, first line for 2015-2016: Daniel -- Henrik -- Vrbata. I don't think we're going to see much change (barring injuries).

"We can also use more confidence in Kassan now that Sestito is gone, because Sestito was not a good hockey player just throw punches." - I don't know what to make of this sentence...can anyone help?

Burrows looks better five on five with the Sedins, but I think the only reason Vrbata agreed to play here was because he was guaranteed to be the Sedins linemate. So Vrbata, until the deadline where he'll be dealt to a contender for picks.

Good luck with that! :sick:

And just an opinion, even after seeing the stats on how well guys Corsi with Burr and watching him; I still like Vrbata better. There is an extra ability to make a play, more puck skill and a vastly better shot.

I'm more concerned how much duress Bones and Higgins have had keeping their number up. Let Burr be their catalyst!

Burrows looks better five on five with the Sedins, but I think the only reason Vrbata agreed to play here was because he was guaranteed to be the Sedins linemate. So Vrbata, until the deadline where he'll be dealt to a contender for picks.

Yea buddy because teams second in their division sell their leading goal scorers to "contenders".

Because second in your division is horrible. What would you do if the team was 4th in the division?

TRADE EVERYONE! THE TEAM IS SECOND IN PACIFIC AND ISN'T GOING ANY WHERE!

Good luck with that! :sick:

And just an opinion, even after seeing the stats on how well guys Corsi with Burr and watching him; I still like Vrbata better. There is an extra ability to make a play, more puck skill and a vastly better shot.

I'm more concerned how much duress Bones and Higgins have had keeping their number up. Let Burr be their catalyst!

Yea buddy because teams second in their division sell their leading goal scorers to "contenders".

Because second in your division is horrible. What would you do if the team was 4th in the division?

TRADE EVERYONE! THE TEAM IS SECOND IN PACIFIC AND ISN'T GOING ANY WHERE!

Next years deadline guy! *facepalm*

Vrbata isn't going to resign here. Neither is Bonino.

Says who? Why wouldn't players want to re-sign in Vancouver? Repeatedly ranked as the most livable city in North America, you would have to be insane not to want to live her and play here.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

We attract a good free agent who fills exactly a niche we need. Gets named an all star. And you propose to trade him. Exactly what message dows that send?

And here is your quote > ''So Vrbata, until the deadline where he'll be dealt to a contender for picks." Where exactly does it suggest next year??? Not that TL/JB will be tanking next year either.

Rather than ostracize our free agents, I'd bet more heavily on us picking up a stud D UFA this off season? Not scaring them away...

Thats a possibility? And so be it. All we want is him to play hard while he's here. Its nearly 3 years away and 2 years longer than Kesler would have stayed.

Its also why we have a pipeline of Gaunce, Horvat, McCann and Cassels.

Something different like...

Burrows Henrik Jensen..?

I'd like to see more youth, & the twins reunited sometimes in the 3rd, or at times on pp's.

They're defensively vulnerable if they're deep & cycling(can't keep up with rival's transition-speed), & there's a turnover; yet if they hang back, they're 14 mill invested in 40pt-type players.

Could be a bigger problem if we spend right up to the cap, in the coming yrs.

This team is going nowhere if the Sedin line is counted on to provide most of the offense, they just dont have it on a consistent basis vs the tough teams anymore IMO, and the 2nd line has disappeared.

They have us sitting second in the pacific and leading our team in points by a substantial margin. If that's no where, then I'll take it.

Archived