The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Unconditional Waiver] Henrik Tommernes

86Viking

Well glad someone addressed the obvious contract numer questions. We are heading into NCAA free agency signing season soon here aren't we? And still have a few of our last couple of seasons draft picks to sign as well.

47 allows us to slide a few into the spot while still having the space to make a trade or two.

Shame I liked how Tommy was doing. Hope he can put it together soon

Ben Hutton's NCAA season will also be ending as well...he will make #48

another project gone. Props to Thomas Gradin for taking a risk with a 7th pick. At this point, there is no way he will ever play in the NHL.

Thank you for giving us a shot, Henrik even though the odds were stacked.

I believe this is to make room for Subban and or Patrick Mcnally, who is completing his final year, and having one hell of a year.

Well we'll have Cederholm, McEneny, maybe Hutton, McNally, Subban (if we sign him) coming in to the system next year. I guess just clearing room early because Tommernes knows his days are pretty much done and he won't make it so wants to go back to Sweden.

freeing up another contract on farm helps in long term frees benning to make moves or sign players like subban and forsling i wonder how many players on comets we be back next yr i think benning will cut a bunch of fringers watch for shinkaruk gaunce play a bigger role in second pro yrs hopefully mcnally hutton cederholm cassels subban all are on team shoukd be great for their developement

mcnally has another year to go...

I dont see point of signing subban liberati or mcnally til summer, unless they plan mcnally to be 7th dman when his season is done (like zalewski at fwd last year). This way Corrado Sanguinetti Biega can just play.

Instead i think this means Kass to bruins for young fwd n young dman, or kass n bieksa for fwd, d, and cap (eriksson). Bruins benched Eriksson Cunningham Griffith for 3rd period and played the 2011 guys. President says gotta go to old bruins hockey.

Kassian Bieksa Higgins potential Bruin targets

Morrow Griffith Khochalachev Spooner 1st 2nd 3rd Canuck targets

If Eriksson is the salary coming back, itll help top 6 and PP. Or I can see 3way deal with Dallas and acquiring some WD targets

Subban we can wait until the last minute but I doubt we will. Liberati will probably not get signed. McNally will likely go back for his final year at Harvard so he woun't be signed yet either.

I think the chances are slim we do anything with Boston, but you never know and you're free to speculate.

How has he played defensively in Utica? I saw some posts about him having the worst +- in the team.

I saw him play 3-4 seasons in sweden right before going to utica and he was good in the offensive zone, but defensively he was terrible. Just plain terrible!! So perhaps he couldn't find a way to develop defensively and therefore the Canucks doesn't want him!?

Archived