The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat for Yakupov

Jedaco

Added the $6 million in cap space (Although I wouldn't trade RNH as he's trending to far in the right direction as a player and as a team they'd regret what they know more than what they don't in Draisatl) would be very attractive.

Honestly out of that lot, I'd trade Eberle/Hall/Yakupov as a 1-2-3 of MacDavid or Eichel, RNH and Draisatl if they all hit their projected development paths would be lights frigging out in this league. Wingers are a shade easier to find than bona fide star centers

Couldn't agree more. I was just commenting on if it came down to trading between the two, then they go much further with trading RNH.

Once the season is over, Winnipeg will look to improve their team offensively (which is why I suggested Bogo), as their defense would look like this next season without trading one of their defensemen:

- Byfuglien

- Trouba

- Enstrom

- Bogosian

- Stuart

- Harrison

- Morrissey

- Chiarot

- Postma

The most likely scenario is that Eberle is the odd man out and gets shipped for a defensemen (or, at least, that should be the case). However, the Coyotes and the Jets wouldn't part with Yandle or Bogo straight up for him. Eberle would be the highest paid player on both teams, and both Winnipeg and the Coyotes have internal caps to worry about. More importantly, Eberle isn't worth Bogo or Yandle straight up. Something else would have to be sent in addition.

Yak is worthless at this point. At best, the Jets would give the rights to Burmistrov in return.

Gritty players like Horvat, who will undoubtedly be an NHL 2-way player, have way more value to a cup contending team than a Yakupov. I would not trade Horvat for Yakupov even if Yakupov wasn't having a stinky 3rd year. Yakupov has shown nothing at the NHL level and looks more like a player destined fore the KHL ATM. No, definitely no, not even a consideration.

I will not be remotely surprised to see Yakupov traded this year though.

Couldn't agree more. I was just commenting on if it came down to trading between the two, then they go much further with trading RNH.

Once the season is over, Winnipeg will look to improve their team offensively (which is why I suggested Bogo), as their defense would look like this next season without trading one of their defensemen:

- Byfuglien

- Trouba

- Enstrom

- Bogosian

- Stuart

- Harrison

- Morrissey

- Chiarot

- Postma

The most likely scenario is that Eberle is the odd man out and gets shipped for a defensemen (or, at least, that should be the case). However, the Coyotes and the Jets wouldn't part with Yandle or Bogo straight up for him. Eberle would be the highest paid player on both teams, and both Winnipeg and the Coyotes have internal caps to worry about. More importantly, Eberle isn't worth Bogo or Yandle straight up. Something else would have to be sent in addition.

Yak is worthless at this point. At best, the Jets would give the rights to Burmistrov in return.

He's not worthless, he is a number 1 overall pick 3 years ago and plays for the Oliers. A team close to the cusp would likely give him a shot, especially if the Oil are willing to take some salary back.

He's not worthless, he is a number 1 overall pick 3 years ago and plays for the Oliers. A team close to the cusp would likely give him a shot, especially if the Oil are willing to take some salary back.

Fine, let me correct what I said:

"Yak is not worth much."

He's not getting much money this year lol

I would too. Just depends on what the ++ is. Maybe Gaunce, Corrado, Hansen?

Yeah, I would do that trade. People are really underrating Yakupov. He has elite speed and an elite shot.

Willie is the perfect coach for him. He's been in Eakins doghouse playing on the 3rd line or with plugs most of the time while Eberle and others get top 6 minutes but are just as bad as him defensively.

I wouldn't put in much effort either if I was Yak after I put up solid numbers then get crapped on the next season.

Wasn't his favorite player Bure also? I think he'd love to play in Van and wouldn't really worry about him bolting off to the K if he gets top 6 minutes.

He can easily take Higgins spot on the 2nd line and help create way more offense.

Also makes our team faster which is something we really need.

I'd do Gaunce + +

Yakupov is going to start lighting it up on a different team. He had a great rookie season till Eakins coached all the creativity and confidence out of him.

LOL.

What?

Yakupov is being absolutely spoon fed. 69.3% offensive zone starts (2nd highest on the Coil, with 46.9% finishes!) against weak competition and nevertheless has horrible underlying numbers - his relative corsi is 27th on that team. He's getting over 2 minutes of pp time a game (top6) and has 9 points on the season and is -20. That is absolutely horrible and can't simply be blamed on a coach who has given him pretty opportune situational minutes. 9 points is what Tanev and Weber have to put it in perspective.

The Oilers are stuck with him for the time being. Until he picks it up, he has bust value. They might be able to get a Jake Gardiner for him.

I'm just throwing this out there.

Vancouver doesn't have any first line forward prospects other than Virtanen.

Edmonton is in need of a heart and soul type centre.

Is this a reasonable trade in terms of current value?

tx

Since you're new here you haven't been around much since joining, I'll give you some advice. Take some time to check out what sub-forums are available and make sure you're posting in the correct one. Then, take some more time to figure out if your thread content is good by viewing other threads in the same sub-forum. If you have any concerns over where or what to post, it's probably best if you just comment in other people's threads to see if your idea is a good one or not.

No thanks but I would love to acquire Yakupov. He's actually pretty good defensively and physically. Desjardins would be great for him.

The guy is lost defensively, like most Coil but the thing that alarms me is his 70+ percentage o-zone starts with only 9 pts.

I 100% agree with this.

It doesn't mean that these players hold any value based on that fact though. They hold their current value as is.

And sadly, Yakupov is holding less value than an opened can of tuna in a dollar store

Fair enough from that standpoint. I'm just loling at all the smack that's being talked about him right now. When he traded and starts producing like a 1st overall who had his growth stun would, people are going to change their tune real fast. Guys like Kucherov and Nichushkin will make GM's eat their hats for years to come.

Archived