The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Song on First Play Stoppage at home

CaptainLinden16

Time for a traditional NHL market like Vancouver to have real traditional organ music like what was played at the Pacific Coliseum. Long live the days of the organist playing during warmups, national anthems, opening face offs, home team scoring and the reactionary tunes to plays and situations during the game.

Now that you've broached the subject of music, I'm enjoying the goal song. Nice to see U2 reigning supreme after all these years. I'm sure there's already been a post on it.

"Everything I ever lost now has been returned. The most beautiful sound I ever heard."

Seems apropos for our franchise. There have just been so many losses and unfortunate moments that have left us debilitated. Really hoping that changes this season. I think they can do it but games like tonight's definitely leave you wondering.

Now that you've broached the subject of music, I'm enjoying the goal song. Nice to see U2 reigning supreme after all these years. I'm sure there's already been a post on it.

"Everything I ever lost now has been returned. The most beautiful sound I ever heard."

Seems apropos for our franchise. There have just been so many losses and unfortunate moments that have left us debilitated. Really hoping that changes this season. I think they can do it but games like tonight's definitely leave you wondering.

you are literally the only one that feels that way

I've noticed this too. Also noticed the same songs being played at specific moments or sequences of the same things, almost as if all they really need to do in the control room is queue about a dozen buttons to manage the whole game.. It seems that way, the soundtrack is really predictable. I thought it was alright in the beginning of the year but they are radio DJs after all are they not used to hearing/playing the same thing multiple times every single day.. I've noticed the patterns and if I have I can't be the only one unless the majority of people have the mental earplugs.

Agree it would be nice to hear some organ work other than replaying the same song we just heard played but this time on the organ. It's like music class, being taught by someone with no knowledge of any music beyond 25 years old. Stop using the market as an excuse to regurgitate the same thing over and over and over and over and over until people literally develop mental earplugs.

It's like radio commercials, nothing in the universe is more insulting to the ear brain as radio commercials- unless you like being assaulted. They are even designed to be repetetive and annoying to get your attention, because you've gotten so good at not listening.. It's a deadly feedback. Originality is a sin because it goes against the principle of only playing what you know is profitable. New things mean taking risks. Just look at the number of refried sequels and remixes of whatever there are on the market nowadays..

Nowhere is safe, the audio assault caaries on and follows you everywhere, it follows you at work, it follows you on the road in the car next to you, it follows you into the bathroom, and it follows you into a restaurant, and most certainly at any social venue, including Rogers Arena.. Can't expect different but I hate it all the same.

It wouldn't kill them to include some new material from time to time. I had to go on because it's a special peeve of mine. Like someone holding a yapping dog next to your ear all day long.

Archived